Skip to main content

Originally Posted by The Ref fka Blair Kiel:
Originally Posted by Goalline:

Crap, I get the Jaguars game. Wait,  I'm not Keil.

Bring the near beer.

I'll provide the Crystal Light.

Missus has a jello-mold in the shape of a Jaguar---it's really cool.

You'll have fun, trust me.

Will Henry show up to strip for us? 

damn

Packers wanted to use a lot of Big Nickle with 3 safeties vs Forte

If Burnett can't go, that puts Hyde at Safety

Does Hayward get kicked back to the slot ?

Randall outside ? Rollins in the slot ?

http://www.theonion.com/articl...bears-fans-cop-37442

NFL Opens Counseling Center To Help Bears Fans Cope With Devastating Blowouts

onion

CHICAGO—In an effort to provide much-needed psychotherapy services and professional support to local Chicago communities, the NFL officially unveiled a new counseling center Thursday for Bears fans struggling to cope with devastating blowouts. “With this new facility, which is open 24 hours a day, fans will be able to come in and talk through feelings of severe depression, anxiety, grief, anger, and hopelessness with our highly trained staff in a supportive, confidential setting,” said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, noting that patients have the option of speaking to therapists one-on-one or joining a group session to help them come to terms with a disastrous Bears performance. “Of course, the center is not just for those suffering in the immediate aftermath of a particularly difficult or traumatic loss. Patients may also receive care when the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, the front office offers a new contract to an underperforming player, or any other such issue arises within the Bears organization that causes significant emotional pain and mental anguish. Our message to depressed or suicidal Bears fans is clear: You are not alone, and help is here.” Aiello went on to say that while the NFL chose to place its flagship counseling center in the city of greatest need, plans are in place to soon open similar facilities in Jacksonville, Oakland, and Tampa Bay.

Last edited by Trophies
Originally Posted by Satori:

damn

I'd like to see Richardson in the box on early downs as the nickle.   He could help in coverage against Forte / Bennett and is stout enough to not embarrass himself in the run game. 

On passing downs replace him with a more conventional nickle back.  Well, I'd like to see Heyward moved into the slot on these downs and either Rollins or Gunter outside, but i think they plan on keeping Heyward outside. 

Originally Posted by BrainDed:
Originally Posted by Satori:

damn

I'd like to see Richardson in the box on early downs as the nickle.   He could help in coverage against Forte / Bennett and is stout enough to not embarrass himself in the run game. 

On passing downs replace him with a more conventional nickle back.  Well, I'd like to see Heyward moved into the slot on these downs and either Rollins or Gunter outside, but i think they plan on keeping Heyward outside. 

Good Post  However, now that Palmer is just now trying to work without a cast I would prefer Gunter in the slot. He may not be a burner but he likes to mix it up better and has the size to take on a big running back. I worry that once Forte gets going that HHCD will have problems with an open field tackle. I don't see Barrington being the answer to cover a quick back coming out on a short pass, at least not yet.

JSO summary of MM's Friday am press conference.

Green Bay — The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's press conference Friday morning:

• (On James Jones) James has done well. He's kind of picked up where he's left off. The adjustments, as far as the mental challenges, have gone pretty smoothly. I think he's practiced well the last few days. ... James is a smart football player.
  • (On Randall Cobb and other injures) Today is a big day for the guys that are fighting through the injuries. That's the design of it. Hopefully there will be some progress.
  • (On Cobb playing) I anticipate him getting better today. He practiced the last two days.
  • (On Morgan Burnett) I think today will really help Morgan. I'm hoping we make some progress there.
  • (On headset communication) I think any time you compete in this league long enough there are things that go wrong and you adjust. It's definitely not the first time it's happened in a game and I'm sure it won't be the last.
  • (On rookie cornerbacks) I think the rookies battled. They're on our football team. They're part of the plan going into Chicago. ... I think all of our rookies have really stepped up and earned their position in the locker room.
  • (On the Bears' energy with a new coach) I think any time you have a new program, new coach, new system there's obviously a new outlook. I definitely feel that that will be part of it. This is a game the fans love. There's always that type of energy. ... I think there will be a ton of energy come Sunday.
  • (On Jones' influence for the young WRs) I think any time you have veterans that have been with you a long time, it's a positive influence on all the younger players. Now James has the experience of being with two other organizations that he can share.
  • (On the emotion of the night before a game) The night before the game in a hotel I pretty much spend the afternoon working through my call sheet. That's something I've always done. Watch a lot of video, prepare my final remarks for the team. ... We have our team meeting, and then frankly I go to bed.
  • (On Jared Allen the outside linebacker) Jared looks good. He looks lean. I think he's adjusted to his role very well.

Scene 1

A darkened amphitheater. On the stage a lone microphone stands in a spotlight.  The packed audience patiently awaits. Murmurs fill the room.  Suddenly, silence as a lone silhouetted figure strides from off stage to the microphone.  

CAPackFan95:  *taps the microphone as feedback screeches throughout the hall*

CAPackFan95:  *clears his throat*

CAPackFan95:  "**** The Bears, yesterday, today, and forever. That is all"

CAPackFan95:  *pivots and exits, stage left.*

Cut to Crowd reaction

Last edited by Timpranillo

Wow, the Bears may not cross midfield if both Jeffery and Royal are out. They'd literally have nothing but Forte and Bennett at that point. The Pack's defense could shut that down even on their worst day.

Originally Posted by Pack-Man:

Wow, the Bears may not cross midfield if both Jeffery and Royal are out. They'd literally have nothing but Forte and Bennett at that point. The Pack's defense could shut that down even on their worst day.

The only thing shutting down Bennett is me choosing him for my fantasy team. The Boris hex is all over him

Funny!!!  Not as funny as the runaway cart video in JerryWorld which will probably always rank as the funniest thing I've ever seen linked from this board, but that Urlacher link might be close to #2.
Last edited by fightphoe93

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.