Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Grave Digger:

I think the fact that they are playing two of the top D's in the NFL should count for something. Both defenses are talented at all levels of D and play hard as hell. Not an excuse, but it should count.

No doubt about it that it should count but when you have an offense that's supposedly as good as our you expect it to be more competitive, plain and simple
I think the fact that they are playing two of the top D's in the NFL should count for something. Both defenses are talented at all levels of D and play hard as hell. Not an excuse, but it should count.

Not when you're supposed to have one of top offenses in the league and you get completely destroyed.  Not just beat, but systemically dismantled and you adjust by sliding your thumb a little further up your ass.

Originally Posted by michiganjoe:
Originally Posted by Packwarrior:

has any team given up 500 yards 3 games I a row? May be we will go in the record books. Counts for something, right?

Link

Three times in NFL history, last in 1963. Dom is well on his way to a historic performance!

Thx. In all honesty, hope it doesn't happen.

BTW, did you notice that we seem to be dropping many potential INTs in these games and have not created TOs much

Originally Posted by Herschel:
Originally Posted by Va. Packer:

I wish Rodgers could throw against the Packers defense in an official game. That would cure his malice. 

I think you mean malaise.

I did but I spell like the Packers secondary covers. Look. I can handle the other team being better. I hate that the Packers look like they've quit. And I don't even think that's debatable with regard to the defense.

Sounds like excuse-making to me.

The O was not very good against the 49ers or Rams either (and just OK against the woeful Chargers).

If you want to be the best, at some point you've got to beat the best.

At this point, the Pack's O is simply not competitive. We're used to seeing the D give up record yardage, the O's struggles are what is new.

has any team given up 500 yards 3 games I a row? May be we will go in the record books. Counts for something, right?

Link

Three times in NFL history, last in 1963. Dom is well on his way to a historic performance!

He can add it to the trophy case, along with:

The 500 yard game by Roethlisberger in 2009

the Kurt Warner 5 TD/4 incompletion game where the defense gave up 45 points

the record breaking 2011 defense, worst in NFL history

the 2012 and 2013 performances against the 'unstoppable' Colin Kaepernick

I'm sure there are others I've erased from my memory. 

Originally Posted by packerboi:

When's the last time MM/Capers won a road game against a playoff caliber team?

I believe you'd have to go all the way back to at the Texans, what in 2012?

..and we got all nostalgic talking about this weak..lol.  

Rodgers has carried MM and TT for years.. Now he is playing like crap and our teams / coaches warts are on full display.

I'm also way tired of this "bend but don't break" defensive philosophy. Ya it works against lousy teams like the Bears and this years whiners. But get a playoff team against this kind of D and all too often the Packers just get their ass kicked.

They also sorely miss the leadership and fire of a Charles Woodson. CMIII is just not that kind of leader to put a boot in someones ass.

Originally Posted by The GBP Rules:

Link

He can add it to the trophy case, along with:

The 500 yard game by Roethlisberger in 2009

the Kurt Warner 5 TD/4 incompletion game where the defense gave up 45 points

the record breaking 2011 defense, worst in NFL history

the 2012 and 2013 performances against the 'unstoppable' Colin Kaepernick

I'm sure there are others I've erased from my memory. 

Don't forget what they did against Peterson in 2012, too. I know he had a great season, but he rushed for 409 yards against the Packers in the regular season that year. They only held him in check in that Wild Card game because Joe Webb was starting at QB for the Vikings.

Last edited by Pack-Man
Originally Posted by CAPackFan95:
Originally Posted by cuqui:

Looking forward to see what kind of team shows up in the second half. This may go down as a L but we'll get a glimpse of what this team is made of. 

Because seeing what team they were after a two week layoff vs Denver or after the first half in Denver wasn't enough...

Watch. Learn.

Originally Posted by Stevie:

Rodgers is playing his way out of the HOF in a big, big hurry. Maybe he's gone Hollywood too much since dating Olivia and not prepared himself to retain his skills and accuracy. ??????

I say this out of love.

Shut the **** up. You're making yourself look like the silliest goose since R. Budd Dwyer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.