Skip to main content

ChilliJon posted:

Anyone on this site that is hoping for a GB loss is dead to me. Anyone hoping for a GB loss in hopes of avoiding a rematch with the Vikings is dead to me. Anyone hoping for a GB loss in order to travel to Washington is dead to me. 

It's the Vikings. Eff them. If GB loses because they suck then they lose because they suck. But every ounce of my being wants GB to curb stomp the ever living **** out of them and then do it again the following weekend. 

How can any Packer fan not be in love with the idea of beating Minny to win the North then beating them again a week later to end their season? That's fairy tale stuff...

160101-infographic-920-1 

WTMJ Pregame and broadcast Link

TV network coverage:

- NBC will broadcast the game to a national audience.

- Play-by-play man Al Michaels joins color commentator Cris Collinsworth in the booth with Michele Tafoya reporting from the sidelines.

- Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM) heads up the Packers Radio Network that is made up of 50 stations in five states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play) and two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (color) call the action.

- Westwood One Sports will air the game across the country. Kevin Kugler (play-by-play) and James Lofton (analyst) will call the action and Scott Graham will host pre-game and halftime shows.

– The broadcast is also available on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed).

Streaming links: 

http://goatd.net/132998/watch-...vs-green-bay-packers

http://goatd.net/132999/watch-...vs-green-bay-packers

Today's captains:

WEATHER FORECAST

Today
         Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
     Tonight
        Isolated flurries before 1am, then isolated snow showers after 1am.
        Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
        Chance of precipitation is 20%.

- Should the Packers win, it will mark their fifth consecutive division title, extending a franchise record. It would also make them the only team in the NFC to win its division each of the last five seasons. The only two teams to win five or more division titles in a row in the NFC Central/North were the Minnesota Vikings from 1973-78 and the Chicago Bears from 1984-88.

– Tonight will be the fifth regular-season home game in the month of January in team history. The Packers are 4-0 all-time at home in January during the regular season.

– A victory would make Green Bay 4-2 against the division this season and give it four or more regular-season wins against division opponents for the 12th time in the last 14 seasons. The Packers are trying to finish above .500 in NFC North games for the 10th straight season.

Hey, Queens.

Daddy's home.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 160101-infographic-920-1
Last edited by ilcuqui
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bakhtiari out; Packers-Vikings inactives

The following players have been declared as inactive for Sunday night’s game between the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings:

Green Bay Packers Green Bay Packers
7 QB Brett Hundley
36 CB LaDarius Gunter
37 CB Sam Shields
69 T David Bakhtiari
79 G Josh Walker
80 TE Justin Perillo
91 LB Jayrone Elliott

Starting lineup changes: #23 Damarious Randall will start in place of #37 Sam Shields at cornerback

Minnesota Vikings
6 QB Taylor Heinicke
12 WR Charles Johnson
58 LB Brandon Watts
62 C Nick Easton
78 T Jeremiah Sirles
91 DE Zach Moore
98 DT Linval Joseph

Last edited by ilcuqui
ChilliJon posted:

Shields bounced his head off concrete. Looked like it had a chance of being an extended absence when it happened. 

How would you know what that's like??? You act like you yourself personally went down on the steps at Lambeau and knocked yourself out.

Not sure I like it. Moves your best OLIneman to a position he's not as good at. Not sure if it helps the line or makes it worse overall. Guess we'll see.....will definitely take any option over Barclay at LT again.

ChilliJon posted:

Shields bounced his head off concrete. Looked like it had a chance of being an extended absence when it happened. 

It's made me recall when Gil Haskell bounced his noggin off the Dallas turf.

On one hand. MM is going outside the box. On the other hand Sitton is going on grit and duct tape with a bad back. On the surface it looks like the plan is 3 yards and a cloud of snow tonight. 

Timmy! posted:
ChilliJon posted:

It's made me recall when Gil Haskell bounced his noggin off the Dallas turf.

If I remember right, Haskell was hospitalized for quite a while and could have easily died. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.