Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My contract is up Sept. 1 and I'm debating whether to stay if they give me a sweet deal w/ Sunday Ticket, premium channels, etc. like they did last time my contract was up, or taking the Comcast deal. We need high-speed internet, so if they come up with the right package, I'll stay, but otherwise just take the internet w/ extremely basic cable package. 

I'm going to call DTV in August and raise all manner of discontent and injustice. I'll get another discount. Probably down to $215. 

There are 11 games I probably miss without the Ticket on the west coast. That's $20/week to not miss a 2016 snap. I'm in. 

Bonus of being able to watch Teddy Bridgewater prove he really isn't the answer at QB is my 5 months of free HBO. 

Goalline posted:

Just became a cord cutter. Yes, canceled my Directv service. The deals they offer you after the fact is pretty impressive, but I'm done with cable. Too much time sitting on our asses staring at the boob makes us all "fat, drunk, and stupid".

I feel sorry for your wife now that you will have all this free time. 

IL_Pack_Fan posted:

I live in Chicago. This year, I'm paying $35 for a rooftop antenna that can reach Milwaukee. I spend that in the first two bloody marys when I have to go to a bar.

$17 Bloody Mary's.  Wow, I don't even think Graham Elliott Bistro charges that much.

You need a good Irish pub. 

Last edited by Boris
Dr._Bob posted:

The Directv person I talked to in Customer Retention said that starting for the 2017 season there would be the option to order NFL ticket for specific teams.  That would be nice.

Don't worry. They're not stoooopid. Expect "dynamic" pricing.

Ordering for Tennessee Titans? - $9.99

Ordering for Green Bay? - $59.99

Wait & $ee.....

I essentially got Sunday Ticket for free last year (a half season for something like $15), even though I was still under contract at the time. They also threw in three months of premium channels (barely watched them, would have rather just paid $0 for Sunday Ticket). I fully expect to get it for free this year, or I'm just going to cancel my service and go back to getting the games online. Live sports are literally the only reason I'd ever have any form of pay TV. Football broadcasts are more commercial than game. You're just a sucker if you pay them $350 to watch their loop of obnoxious commercials for light beer and junk food.

Last edited by Pack-Man

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.