Skip to main content

Henry is right.  According to the local beat writers, the main stickler issue is he (his agent) wants to be able to double-dip if cut before the rookie contract expires.  I'm not sure if other teams allow that in their rookie contracts or not.  The payment of the signing bonus is not as big of deal and front what I've heard can easily be worked out.

Either way, it does look bad for the Chargers front office (again!)....especially now that his mommy is tweeting stuff.

Bosa has all the makings of being a boom or bust player.  If I had to guess, I would say bust is more likely

His attitude and persona is not what you want to see in a guy that has yet to play one down in the NFL.   Now the parents get involved.  Hilarious 

I don't know if this was said, but one guy on the radio who talked with an agent said that if when you get the money (as in how soon) and the off set language become an issue, a player gets one or the other - but not both.  They didn't say who gets to choose, how many had the off set language in their contract, or anything like that.  But the thought was that Bosa wanted both - and no team would do that. 

Tschmack posted:

Bosa has all the makings of being a boom or bust player.  If I had to guess, I would say bust is more likely.

Then why did they draft him at #3 overall? 

No, this is EXACTLY why Eli pulled an "Eli" when he got drafted. Their FO sucks.

Bosa isn't asking for anything outrageous. He's just protecting himself which is exactly what the team is trying to do too.

Last edited by Boris

Jimi !!!!  I guess I didn't know he was in the army in his earlier life....or I just forgot since I"m old.....but I saw his Company picture on the sports report last night on KUSI during an interview.   Short hair and very young.  Weird.

Last edited by SanDiegoPackFan

Remember all that hand wringing over the cheap deal the Steelers got for getting that coveted UFA TE so many (including my dumb ass) thought he'd be a good fit for GB this season?

Once again, ROTTT:

Ladarius Green’s recurring headaches raise questions about his future, contract

Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Ladarius Green (80) pulls on a hat during a practice at the NFL football team's training camp in Latrobe, Pa., on Saturday, July 30, 2016. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar) AP

The NFL Media report, attributed to an unnamed member of the Steelers, regarding the recurring headaches suffered by tight end Ladarius Green raises questions about the player’s future, and regarding his contract.

First, rumors of Green dealing with lingering headaches have been circulating since training camp opened. The person who first mentioned the ongoing headaches to PFT suggested that Green is considering retirement. If the headaches don’t resolve, retirement remains an option.

Second, earlier today the same source told PFT that there’s new speculation that the Steelers may eventually cut Green.

Third, the Steelers could end up recovering (or at least trying to recover) Green’s $4.75 million signing bonus. If he retires, Green definitely owes the money.  If he’s cut, however, there’s a chance the Steelers could make the same argument the Patriots advanced three years ago regarding defensive end Jonathan Fanene.

in 2013, the Patriots signed Fanene, gave him a $3.85 million signing bonus, and later cut him due to a knee injury that, as the team argued, came from a condition he had failed to disclose. If Green didn’t tell the Steelers he was still experiencing headaches at the time he was signed (and if he was indeed experiencing headaches), the Steelers could try to recover the $4.75 million.

In Fanene’s case, the grievance was settled, allowing the player to keep the $2.5 million he had received while also allowing the team to keep the $1.35 million balance.

This one's on Bosa, from what I've read.  The idea of offset language is so stupid.  Bosa may as well put a press release out saying "I'm worried I'm going to suck so bad, that I'll be cut before my guaranteed money is paid and when that happens, I want to be able to double dip and get paid extra even though I would have to suck so bad, that only a handful of players on their first contract have ever been cut before their guaranteed money is paid (see Johnny Manziel)".  Bosa's getting called out by teammates and deservedly so.  It's one thing if it's money; it's another if it's timing of fully guaranteed payments and offsets.  

If Bosa is cut before his guaranteed money is paid, the GM that drafted him #3 gets fired.  Since said GM would be the one to cut him, it ain't happening.  So stupid.  IMO, just a way for agents to convince rookies they're still worth hiring since they can't negotiate dollars any more.  

Patriots’ Ninkovich tears triceps

Posted · Add Comment

New England Patriots starting defensive end Rob Ninkovich tore his triceps and is out four to six weeks.

Ninkovich avoided a torn triceps tendon.

He’s played in 125 straight games.

Ninkovich has 46 sacks over the past seven seasons.

A potential 90 million dollar deal for who?

Doug Whaley: We didn’t want to get “greedy” with Tyrod Taylor deal

Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor (5) makes a call at the line of scrimmage during practice at the NFL football team training camp in Pittsford, N.Y., Monday, August 1, 2016. (AP Photo/Adrian Kraus) AP

Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor has a new contract with the team that reportedly tacks five years onto the one year left on his initial contract and could pay him $90 million or more if he plays out the entire deal.

The agreement came after months of talk on both sides about wanting to extend the working relationship, a desire that seemed to be hindered by the uncertainty that comes with Taylor having just one year as a starter under his belt. In a conference call after the deal was announced, General Manager Doug Whaley said that talks heated up in the last couple of weeks and that the Bills decided going with what they know about Taylor was preferable to waiting to see if someone else was available after the season.

“We looked at it as we have a quarterback now and I hate to say it, but [for] lack of a better term, we didn’t want to be greedy,” Whaley said, via the Buffalo News. “We like working with Tyrod, we have faith in Tyrod, the coaching staff has faith in Tyrod, but most importantly, the team has faith in Tyrod and Tyrod has faith in himself. So we said, ‘Let’s go with what we have in hand,’ and we’re excited about the future.”

Bosa has a reputation of being a self absorbed jackass.   He got suspended during his stint at O$U which is a difficult task given how much leniency St. Urban gives his players. 

He declared early - which is his his right - but for him to take this position with the Chargers as asinine.  Oh wait - his dad pulled the same crap 20 years ago with the Dolphins. 

The real issue is the Chargers should have known he's a putz to begin with so shame on them for drafting him.  I can't wait for some OL to give him some "welcome to the league" moment if and when he does report because he's the poster child for the term primadonna.  

... we have faith in Tyrod, the coaching staff has faith in Tyrod, but most importantly, the team has faith in Tyrod and Tyrod has faith in himself.

So this is fundamentally a faith-based signing.

antooo posted:

... we have faith in Tyrod, the coaching staff has faith in Tyrod, but most importantly, the team has faith in Tyrod and Tyrod has faith in himself.

So this is fundamentally a faith-based signing.

Which signing isn't?

Bosa may be all those things. But this issue is all on the Chargers FO. Same as it ever was. 

You have the 3rd pick in the draft, now PAY him like the 3rd pick should be paid instead of trying to cover your ass because your scouting dept. Blows.

Mike Neal may be employed sooner then later...

Report: MRI shows torn ACL for IK Enemkpali

Buffalo Bills defensive end IK Enemkpali rides a cart to the locker room after an injury during the first half of a preseason NFL football game against the Indianapolis Colts Saturday, Aug. 13, 2016, in Orchard Park, N.Y. (AP Photo/Bill Wippert) AP

Bills coach Rex Ryan said during Saturday’s preseason game that linebacker IK Enemkpali suffered a “major” knee injury, something that has reportedly been confirmed after further tests.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that an MRI showed Enemkpali tore his ACL in the game. As a result, Enemkpali will miss the entire 2016 season.

The injury is the latest blow to a linebacking corps that has experienced quite a few of them this year. Second-round inside linebacker Reggie Ragland is expected to miss the season with his own ACL injury and first-round outside linebacker Shaq Lawson had shoulder surgery in the spring that will keep him out indefinitely. Manny Lawson, who also plays outside, is missing time with a pectoral injury.

The Bills are down to five healthy outside linebackers with Jerry Hughes at the top of the list. Lorenzo Alexander, Max Valles, Bryson Albright and Eric Striker round out a group that could see a new face or two given the dwindling numbers.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.