Skip to main content

Several years ago now I was traveling for work in Central PA.   He was all over the place on local commercials.  It was pretty cool!

Great guy, great Packer, good luck with your future endeavors Kuuuuuuuhhhhnnnnn!  

This was a kid I was hoping Ted would take. Reason 12030405 he knows more then me. So far, has really been a bust considering how high he went in the 1st.

Per Rapport, looks like a possible torn achilles.

Lions fear Eric Ebron suffered an Achilles injury

DETROIT, MI - OCTOBER 25: Eric Ebron #85 of the Detroit Lions is tacked by Andrew Sendejo #34 of the Minnesota Vikings in the first quarter during an NFL game at Ford Field on October 25, 2015 in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Dave Reginek/Getty Images) Getty Images

When a player injures his knee, it’s often reported the team fears a torn ACL.

When a player injures his lower leg, it’s often reported the team fears an Achilles injury. That’s precisely what Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports regarding the apparent lower-leg injury suffered Saturday by Lions tight end Eric Ebron.

Ebron will surely be subjected to the standard diagnostic testing before anything is finalized, but when it comes to the Achilles tendon, it’s pretty easy to tell whether or not it’s, you know, there. If Ebron’s isn’t, he’ll miss all of 2016.

If that happens, it virtually guarantees that the Lions won’t pick up Ebron’s fifth-year option in May, setting the stage for a 2017 contract year for the 2014 first-round pick in Detroit.

titmfatied posted:

Longtime #Packers FB John Kuhn has found a home in New Orleans. He signed today with Saints, per source.

Kuhn with a nice send-off to the Packer Fans

For anyone who never understood the negative reactions of fans to some Packer players when they leave, like Favre and Jennings, players like Woodson and Kuhn show that they can continue to be loved by fans after they leave.  All it takes is a little class.

Dr._Bob posted:

For anyone who never understood the negative reactions of fans to some Packer players when they leave, like Favre and Jennings, players like Woodson and Kuhn show that they can continue to be loved by fans after they leave.  All it takes is a little class.

My granpappy always told me...son, if you worship somebody like a rock star...sometimes you get rocked.   

Last edited by oldschool
oldschool posted:
Dr._Bob posted:

My granpappy always told me...son, if you worship somebody like a rock star...sometimes you get rocked.   

Huh.  My granpappy always said the only thing worse than a moron is a moron who thinks he's clever.

Leave it to the Bolts to create the only rookie hold out since 2009:

The San Diego Chargers are 12 days into training camp, with their first pre-season game just around the corner. But when they take the field on Thursday in Tennessee against the Titans, they'll be without Joey Bosa, the former Ohio State defensive standout selected third overall by the Bolts in this year's NFL Draft.

Bosa still has not signed his rookie contract, making him the only drafted rookie not to do so, and his holdout is now the longest among rookies since Michael Crabtree held out from the 49ers all the way until October back in 2009. Bosa and the Chargers reportedly haven't spoken since training camp started, and the situation is so dire that Bosa's mom said earlier this week that she wished her son hadn't been drafted by San Diego. 

"It bums me out for him so much," Cheryl Bosa wrote to a friend, according to the San Diego Tribune. "Wish we pulled an Eli Manning on draft day."

Back in 2004, Manning's agent famously told the Chargers that Eli would sit out for the season if they drafted him. They did anyway, only to then promptly trade him to the Giants. Bosa's mom's opinion doesn't necessarily reflect that of her son, but it's still not an especially great sign for the morale in the Bosa camp.

Most frustrating of all, though, is the fact that the holdout remains centered on two very minor details in Bosa's rookie contract: offset language and signing bonus deferment.

The signing bonus deferment issue is simple. Bosa wants his whole bonus right now, though the Chargers want to pay it over time.

It's the offset language that's more complicated here, and more maddening.

Bosa wants no offset language in his contract, meaning that if he were to be released by the Chargers before his four-year rookie contract expired, he would still be paid in full by San Diego. No offset language would also allow him to double dip, so that he could earn the money from his Chargers' rookie deal and from a team that subsequently signed him after his release.

What's so frustrating about this is that it's hard to imagine a scenario in which Bosa, a supremely talented defensive end, will be cut four years from now. Obviously no player is ever a sure thing, especially in the injury-prone NFL, but this holdout is now threatening to bleed into the regular season all because of something that may or may not happen in four years.

Seems strange that the Chargers weren't aware/prepared for that possibility.
I would think that any team giving serious consideration to drafting him would've discussed parameters of a contract with his agent. 

Brutal. Think how many of us thought he'd be our 1st round pick ...

Bills expect Reggie Ragland to miss season with torn ACL

Buffalo Bills linebacker Reggie Ragland (59) signs autographs for fans during practice at the NFL football team training camp in Pittsford, N.Y., Monday, August 1, 2016. (AP Photo/Adrian Kraus) AP

We shared a report earlier on Wednesday that Bills rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland will have surgery this week to repair a knee injury suffered in practice last week and that there would be a clearer idea of his outlook for the 2016 season after it was completed.

The Bills appear to already have an idea about what that determination is going to be. The team confirmed that Ragland will have surgery this week and said that they expect him to miss the entire season after tearing his ACL.

Seeing this garbage with Bosa, I wouldn't be surprised to see every subsequent rookie pull an Eli if they're drafted by the Chargers.

God, their front office is a complete joke. 

Boris posted:

Seeing this garbage with Bosa, I wouldn't be surprised to see every subsequent rookie pull an Eli if they're drafted by the Chargers.

God, their front office is a complete joke. 

Is what he asking for the norm for rookie contracts and San Diego is trying to set a new norm or is it vice versa?   

I'm under the impression that it is Bosa who is going outside the box with his demands. 

I'm just guessing here but I think the offset language about Bosa double dipping if cut is the Chargers.  Not to go all positive mindset on you but talk about planning for failure.  

That's the kind of language you see when a guy is a character risk or a major injury risk, not a high 1st rounder with proven success.

Last edited by Henry

The Bolts needed to get it figured out. This was going to be the center piece of their D. And if he's anywhere near as good as projected to be, you do what it takes and fukk worrying about when the signing bonus goes in. Just get it done. This guy should be a franchise player who isn't going anywhere so this "double dip" concern is ridiculous.

One of many reasons we all can't appreciate Russ Ball enough.

Last edited by packerboi

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.