Skip to main content

Must have just gotten married, that's what women will do to you! 

I respect his reasoning. If he's not going to be able to commit fully, then he should take a break. No problem with that whatsoever! Wish him luck and I hope he returns focused and hungry for another ring!

Grave Digger posted:

I respect his reasoning. If he's not going to be able to commit fully, then he should take a break. No problem with that whatsoever! Wish him luck and I hope he returns focused and hungry for another ring!

What the heck is, That's what women will do to you! statement supposed to mean???  

IL_Pack_Fan posted:

Interesting. I've wondered when the latest fad of early retirements was going to strike Green Bay, but had my money on Abby. If this is true, can't say I blame the guy and wish him the best. Tough to see #13 happening without him.

Goldie posted:
Grave Digger posted:

What the heck is, That's what women will do to you! statement supposed to mean???  

Some goobers claimed McCarthy got soft after and because he got married.

Others claimed Rodgers hasn't played as well since dating someone they've heard of. 

Love this from Bong's link

"BREAKING: Ted Thompson introduces new policy of announcing first-round picks, trades involving future Hall of Famers and free-agent signings containing guaranteed figures of at least $25 million ONLY. This is intended to eliminate all of the endless whining from spoiled Packers fans each and every time Ted Thompson announces any of the hundreds of necessary signings, big and small, that it takes to construct an NFL team on an ongoing basis."

Nicely played.

PackerRuss posted:

Wow, a bit of a shocker.  I've always like Raji, he was apart of the biggest play in Packer history, IMO.

Raji had a very long career if he played in the Ice Bowl. 

cuqui posted:

@TomPeliserro: What'd it cost for #Colts to lure backup QB Scott Tolzien away from #Packers? A $500K signing bonus on a 2-year, $3.5 million deal.

Don't think he was lured away, though.

Well, he's no Matt Flynn.

ammo posted:
PackerRuss posted:

Wow, a bit of a shocker.  I've always like Raji, he was apart of the biggest play in Packer history, IMO.

Raji had a very long career if he played in the Ice Bowl. 

I hear ya, I'm not old enough to have watched the Ice Bowl, have seen it many times on DVD.  Biggest plays since I've been alive, I should've qualified it.  

Last edited by PackerRuss

Not a terrible trade for either team, although it does give away BB's draft target. The Cardinals, at worst, get a 1 year rental on an elite pass rusher. At best he has strong year and they resign him, giving them a bookend pass rusher for 4/5 years. The Patriots get a Guard prospect that is young enough to resurrect in to the elite player he was supposed to be, plus a 2nd round pick. More than likely he would have let Jones walk as a FA next year and at best would have netted a 3rd round compensatory pick.  

Last edited by Grave Digger

Good move by the Cards.  Questionable move by the Patriots.  Continues their trend of getting value for players instead of paying them. Effectively, they traded one year of Chandler Jones and a 2017 third round compensatory, for a 2016 second rounder and Jonathon Cooper.  Sounds smart, right?  I don't see it that way.  Reminds me of when they traded Richard Seymour to the Raiders instead of paying him.  They got a solid player in return (Nate Solder, I believe), but you don't think Seymour would have helped them beat the Giants those two Super Bowls?  Who else is their to compete with Pats in the AFC in 2016?  IMO, this trade makes them worse in 2016 and when you have a 39 year old QB, you take it one year at a time.  

Like TT, I think BB is constantly looking to next year and the year after. I agree that he likely thinks he can manufacture Jones' production with Long and a rookie at a fraction of what it will cost to keep Jones after next year.

Any interest in a 34-year-old linebacker recent cut today by the Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers fans?

The Browns finally got a player to take their money today, so naturally, somebody else had theirs taken away. According to Pat McManamon of ESPN.com, the Browns have informed linebacker Karlos Dansby that he’s being released.…
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com

OH.

Hell.

Yes.

He's the guy TT should have went after a few years ago instead of dicking around with Hawk still. He's older now, but can still play. He's very short-term now, unfortunately, probably two-year deal, max. 

Last edited by Herschel

#cultistnutsuckingtripe

Hardy Nickerson anyone??  

Kind of kidding, I actually have no idea how Dansby played last year and what he has left.  But signing an aging ILB just reminds me of Nickerson.  He made AJ Hawk look fleet of foot.  

Nickerson had decent guaranteed money tho yes? I imagine Dansby could be had for very little locked in money. Him and a healthy Barrington with a rotating Ryan and/or ______2016 draft pick could be intriguing.

Not many NE fans happy with that trade. Felt Bennett would have been available anyway and is too much of a cancer. A 4th rounder for a guy who would have likely been cut and available for very cheap? A couple of bizarre trades by Billy

I thought for certain Billy was going to parlay the extra second rounder he picked up in the Chandler Jones trade to work a deal to move up for Hunter Henry based on his love of the 2 TE sets. And honestly. Gronk and Henry would have been terrifying. 

@TomSilverstein: Late to the discussion but #Bears kept Bennett away from #Packers w/trade. Pats didn't have to outbid anyone and get him for not that much.

@ProFootballTalk: Wouldn't it be funny if the Pats now flip Martellus Bennett back to the Packers?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.