Skip to main content

Guess TJ Watt at 29 isn't looking so bad now?  ****ing A 

And don't give me "we have Biegel AND King for Watt" bull**** 

Biegel may never play and King has looked mediocre at best 

We knew coming in that Clay and Perry had to stay healthy but that's about as likely as me winning the US Open 

Love TT but seriously WTF 

By the way - anyone know that a pass rush can make good corners look great? That might be a problem if our thin OLB can't stay healthy.  

Last edited by Tschmack
Tschmack posted:

Guess TJ Watt at 29 isn't looking so bad now?  ****ing A 

And don't give me "we have Biegel AND King for Watt" bull**** 

We knew coming in that Clay and Perry had to stay healthy but that's about as likely as me winning the US Open 

Love TT but seriously WTF 

By the way - anyone know that a pass rush can make good corners look great? That might be a problem if our thin OLB can't stay healthy.  

Right now. **** TJ Watt. Rueben Foster went 31 to SF. He's killing it right now. He's a tackling machine playing outside LB and he's really effing good in coverage. 

He lasts until 31 because he blew up at a nurse at the combine. Right now he looks every bit like top 10 talent he was projected as. At pick 31. So whatever about TJ Watt. Foster looks like the bigger miss. 

Tschmack posted:

I have no clue about Vince Abberderis and personally don't care at this point.  As far as King, we haven't seen anything as it's preseason as a rookie.  CB is much harder to play than OLB.  So I wouldn't throw out the pick considering the massive need in the backfield.  

That said, the Josh Jones pick is starting to look like a luxury.

I'm not throwing out the King pick at all.  He has talent and seems like a good guy.  Personally, we need him to play well.  But I am also not ready to immediately dismiss Rollins or Randall.  They played great in 2015 and tough to assess 2016 due to injury?  

My only concern is there were some decent pass rush options there at 29 and Ted went another direction.  That's cool but betting on often injured Badgers LB is not a recipe for success.  See Mike Taylor and Chris Borland and our guy Vincent Biegel. 

Last edited by Tschmack

There was also pass rush talent at the Jones pick and a couple of decent prospects at the Jerel Adams pick. I know Burnett's in a contract year and they want the "Nitro" package at times, but it's a bit like buying a jet ski when you don't have a reliable car to get to work. IMO they really needed two solid OLB prospects, especially with one coming off an injury. They're not keeping four halfbacks or eight receivers.

Last edited by Herschel

I don't think it's like that all. We have two starters at OLB and we had an open hole at CB. If anything drafting another OLB would be the jet ski in your analogy. That would be a luxury pick, CB had a glaring hole, a more glaring hole than depth at OLB. Pass rush is a key component, but even a really good rush is negated by glaring weaknesses at CB...just ask the 2016 Packers who were 4th in sacks and trying to cover Julio Jones with a 2nd year UDFA.

Last edited by Grave Digger

Perry and Matthews have proven they can't stay healthy.  They are the only two decent pass rushers they have other than an occasional inside Daniels pressure.  They are actually counting on Fackrell and Elliott?   That makes Gunther seem like an All Pro option in comparison 

They added House and from all accounts Rollins and Randall are back to being healthy and look the part.  I get King but King and Jones at the expense of adding another OLB?  Why?   Brice was already on the team and looks really good.  He could play the slot or if they needed Jones as the slot guy why draft King?

You can get by with mediocre CB play if guys can pressure the QB.  If that doesn't happen CB talent or depth is irrelevant  

Last edited by Tschmack
Grave Digger posted:

I don't think it's like that all. We have two starters at OLB and we had an open hole at CB. If anything drafting another OLB would be the jet ski in your analogy. That would be a luxury pick, CB had a glaring hole, a more glaring hole than depth at OLB. Pass rush is a key component, but even a really good rush is negated by glaring weaknesses at CB...just ask the 2016 Packers who were 4th in sacks and trying to cover Julio Jones with a 2nd year UDFA.

No real qualms with King, they needed a 6'+, rangy  corner also, but Jones really seems like a luxury pick, as does the Jerel Adams flier when OLB is also so thin. Bringing in House was a good move to add some depth to a struggling position,  adding two guys where needed, but Fackrell is still really raw and Elliott appears to be another Vic So'oto, etc. If the Packers had two durable guys starting it would be a different gamble.

Fandame posted:

All this angst over TJ, a guy who isn't even on the GB roster. Geez, I wish the season would start so we could complain about something else.

Would it make you feel better if it was Tak McKinley? Had Atlanta taken Watt instead then the name changes but the need doesn't. That's not to say Watt was the only answer, just the first/easiest/most obvious one.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.