Skip to main content

CUPackFan posted:

PFF's Top 10 CBs in free agency

TT has plenty to choose from if he wants to fix the CB position.  

We can only hope.  It would be extremely disappointing if not. They need a veteran in the secondary. Sounds like either Rollins or Randall or maybe both don't listen too well. Need a leader to keep them in line. I'm sure these kids would listen a little more to a vet who might relate a little more than a coach.

Tdog posted:

from pft:

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has been charged with four felonies after an incident last weekend on Pittsburgh’s South Side.

Revis has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault, one count of robbery and one count of conspiracy, per multiple reports. He’s also been charged with making terroristic threats, a misdemeanor.
-----------------------------------------

the only reason I posted this was for the "making terroristic threats" nonsense.  give me a break.  what country did he threaten with terrorism while having a street brawl?  only in the bedwetting usa.

Charge with more so inevitable plea is more fitting to actual crime.  

Fedya posted:

One of the great endings of all time:

Fedya.  A classic.  Thanks.   I just spit up wine on my keyboard. 

Thank you for bringing up a "blast from the past".  THAT movie was part of my Appreciation of Film classes in college.  I think it was suppose to represent a genre in film-making.  A great American Classic.   I sat through the entire film and at the end wanted to throw my books at the screen.

I always thought that would be a good movie to have the Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew lambast on one of their shows.

Last edited by SanDiegoPackFan
Fedya posted:

At least one of the chain gang members is black.  (I think the one who takes a sledgehammer to Muni's ankle chains is black, but I don't have the movie at hand.)

And then there's 20,000 Cheers for the Chain Gang:

YES! Wait, Revis is in the movie? I knew he was old, but that is a little ridiculous.

Last edited by Goalline

Please stay in the NFC. Perhaps the 49ers?

As the beginning of the NFL's new league year inches closer, with teams able to officially make trades on March 9, the Chicago Bears have actively started seeking a trade partner for quarterback Jay Cutler, multiple league sources said.

Teams around the league are now aware of Cutler's availability while the Bears attempt to garner draft compensation for their eight-year starter, and conversations are expected to heat up during next week's NFL scouting combine.

The Bears appear willing to move on from veteran QB Jay Cutler, even without a replacement in place. Daniel Bartel/Icon Sportswire

It is not a surprise that Cutler's future in Chicago is in question -- but the start of official trade talks is a major step in that process.

While Cutler's contract does not include a no-trade clause, there remains a widespread belief that a deal will require both Cutler and the Bears to agree on the suitor. Cutler, 33, has little incentive to play for a noncompetitive team given the lack of any guaranteed money in his current contract, sources with NFL teams privy to the details said

packerboi posted:

Please stay in the NFC. Perhaps the 49ers?

As the beginning of the NFL's new league year inches closer, with teams able to officially make trades on March 9, the Chicago Bears have actively started seeking a trade partner for quarterback Jay Cutler, multiple league sources said.

Cutler's contract calls for 15 million in new funds in 2017, 12.5 million dollar base salary + 2.5 million dollar roster bonus.  No chance he is traded.  The Bears will release him.

Cutlers guaranteed dollars have been paid in his current contract so if the Bores are forced to cut him, they will take very little in cap hit vs say, Dallas, who would take a  yuge cap hit with Romo.

The 49ers would make sense. They have gobs of cap room and the new HC needs a veteran stop gap QB while he grooms a rookie:

Cutler, 33, has already been linked via the rumor mill to the 49ers. New 49ers General Manager John Lynch is a former teammate of Cutler’s, while new 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan’s father, Mike, was the head coach of the Broncos when Cutler was drafted.

SF needs to draft a QB and re-sign Gabbert and give him 2 years with Kyle. 

Cutler is a human land mine that shreds teams without remorse or regret. Chicago gave up two first round picks and a third and Kyle Orton for Jay. Which Josh McDaniels screw ****ed into the ground in Denver but that's another thread. Look at Chicago QB situation today. Jay is a wake of franchise destruction. 

Cutler is Jeff George. You have to understand you don't want that anywhere on your roster. And you sure as **** don't trade for it. 

Herschel posted:

Cutler is better than at least half the QBs in the league, he'll be playing somewhere this year.

For all Bears QBs who've thrown for more than 2000 yards, Cutler is the all-time leader for Bears QBs in terms of attempts, completions, yards, TDs, TD/Int ratio, and QB rating. It shows what kind of QBs the Bears have had in their history when their top QB rating for a career is 85.2.

His W-L record as a Bear as a starting QB is 51-51. He's good enough to not embarrass you as a starter. If he didn't come off as such a douchebag, he'd be looked at a little differently. Of course, after the Bears laid out 113 million over the last 8 years for him one would have expected a little better than .500.

Let the crazy talk start!

Rumors have the Green Bay Packers interested in The Oakland Raiders running back Latavius Murray and Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Connor Barwin..do you want?

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

The Packers outrushed only two other teams last season, and a case can be made that running back is their neediest position. Squads on the cusp of Super Bowl contention often bring out the checkbook for one player who can fill a critical void.

If they retain Eddie Lacy, which could be a long shot given his lack of reliability, Murray is off the table. But if Lacy heads out the door, it will be wide open for Murray. Lacy is 2/1 to return to Green Bay.

http://www.sportsline.com/insi...and-latavius-murray/

Ted is always looking to buy low. He will take on injury prone players or raw players because they're inexpensive, but still talented. He's gambling that they can stay healthy and he will have a super talented player at a fraction of the going rate. Or he wants a player who has a ton of athletic upside, but hasn't reached his potential yet...if they can get that talent out of him then he's used a low draft pick on a high pick worthy talent. If Murray is cheap I'm sure they are interested, same with Lacy. If both players want to get paid, it's not going to be in GB.  

Murray is allegedly looking for 6.5-7 mil a year and wants to be in the "top 10" among RB contracts per a couple reports. In a deep RB draft, I doubt he'll get that and it sure as hell won't be from Ted.

Phat Eddie on the cheap, Monty, and a RB taken somewhere in 4th-5th round sounds about right. Plus another 2-3 UDFA's as camp bodies.

I kind of like Murray and think he fits as well as any other veteran back would provided the price is right.  Big guy, still young, can catch the ball and isn't a big fumbler.  He isn't special but the Packers don't need a special running back, they need a dependable veteran to pair with Montgomery and a rookie.  I'd take him over Lacy.  Adding a player with Murray's track record would allow the Packers to ignore the running back position through the first four rounds and focus on defense and maybe another interior offensive lineman depending on what happens with Lang and Tretter.  I don't like the idea of adding a rookie to Montgomery and figuring on Crockett/Jackson to round out the position.  They need to add a veteran.

Murray won't get the 7 million per season but if the price tag drops down to the 2 year, 8 million dollar with only 3.5 to 4 million of that guaranteed...he'd be a pretty nice add at that sort of price tag.

Peter for Paul. 

As a Packers fan, how long did the SB 45 high last for you and how soon after the clock hit 00:00 did you start pining for the next Lombardi?

Me, the euphoria lasted a few days and the Jones'n for Title #14 started before the 1st X4 post about free agents Ted wasn't going to sign.

Titles 9-13 (for me) have been awesome, but each was better than the last and I expect #14 will be the best ever. Until they win #15 the following season.

America is an A.D.D. country.

I have a feeling Murray, Lacy and Bell may all get "prove it" deals with the depth this year and stay with their current teams. It's a brutal year to be a FA RB. Guys like Mike Gillislee, Isaiah Crowell and Chris Thompson (RFAs) will likely get lower offers too. Guys like James Starks and Matt Asiata are just as likely to be out of the league. 

Any interest in Green Bay? He's a local kid (Kimberly, WI).

A.J. Klein likely to leave Carolina for starting opportunity

LOS ANGELES, CA - NOVEMBER 06: A.J. Klein #56 of the Carolina Panthers celebrates a missed field goal by kicker Greg Zuerlein #4 of the Los Angeles Rams (not pictured) during the second quarter of the game at the Los Angeles Coliseum on November 6, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images) Getty Images

Panthers linebacker A.J. Klein has played pretty well when he’s been given a chance.

But on a team with three first-round picks at the position, and in a league when playing nickel defense is more prevalent with every passing year, there aren’t but so many chances.

So it’s probably not a surprise that Klein is looking for another address when free agency begins on March 9.

Via Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer, Klein said during an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he’d probably be looking for a few team.

The 2013 fifth-rounder started the final six games for the Panthers last year when Kuechly was out with a concussion, and played well. But the Panthers also have some guy named Thomas Davis who has been to a few Pro Bowls and are trying to figure out how to work 2015 first-round linebacker Shaq Thompson in more, so there are limited snaps for a fourth linebacker.

Klein’s a starting-caliber player and good against the run, and should have plenty of opportunities for the playing time he’s looking for, just not in Charlotte.

13 hours agoBucs have released veteran CB Alterraun Verner. The 28-year-old was really good in 2014, not very good past 2 seasons.

12 hours agoEven with Verner on market, Tramon Williams is still best CB available right now. Bigger, more versatile and coming off better season.

10 hour

Verner wasn't worth his salary in TB, but can still play. Moves pretty well and looks comfortable in zone. Kind of vet Belichick would lik

10 hour

Just watched 1 of CB Alterraun Verner's 3 starts (vs. ATL). Wasn't bad. At right price, type of vet well worth bringing to camp to compete.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.