Skip to main content

Exceeds:  

Josh Jackson.  All he does is make plays.  Would not surprise me at all if he becomes a starter at some point this season. 

Disappoints:  

Kevin King.  Much like Nick Perry I just can’t trust that the guy can stay healthy.  I hope both of them do but past history is not their side.  

I was thinking the same, Tschmak.  I just have a bad feeling about King.  He was already a boom or bust prospect and now seems to have injury issues (and with his lanky frame, it's not really that surprising).  I'm bummed b/c there were a few other guys I was hoping they would draft over King.  Just makes it hurt more.  Hoping he comes through but has to say something that Gute drafted CBs with his first two picks this year. 

But Jackson has stud written all over him. Also think Clark is going to make a name for himself this year.  Remember he was on fire the last 5 games of the season, racking up 4 sacks.  

GBFanForLife posted:

Rodgers can change the call at any time. Who really is responsible for sticking with the run?????

We talk as though we know.  We don't.  He does.  He has every key he needs,  Maybe not every tool, but every option available to a QB playing today with regard to liberty.  The Philly Foles were an aberration.  Look at Houston's stats after Watson went down.  That is by far the most likely result of losing your starting QB, what Philly accomplished last year is an outlier.  I could get into a long defense of McCarthy, but what's the point?  Every suggestion that he's above average will be met with a "but." Same thing with Thompson.  So **** that. Tiresome.

You don't like a particular play-call?  Easy pickings, right?

Wrong.  None of us know WTF happens on an NFL field.  Locker room.  Practice field.  Off season negotiations. 

The argument that McCarthy somehow hamstrings AGod is nonsense, IMO.  You don't like the roster?  That's on the GM.  You don't like the offense you're watching?  In Green Bay's case, that's more and more on 12.

As it should be.

Last edited by Brak

I have been thinking about this topic for a while. And because it’s just a guess based on feelings I finally decided to post. 

Exceeds: Mt. Adams and also our pass rushers. If they do well it would surprise me and make me happy.

Disappoints: Pettines whole defense and Jimmy Graham on offense. I expect/hope a lot from them so I would be disappointed if they fall short.

I don’t expect disappointment if the team exceeded my expectations. But will be disappointed if they don’t.      I think. 

Last edited by PackerPatrick

Jimmy Graham is going to get close to 20 TD's this season as long as he's healthy.

MM is going to be splitting him out wide like a WR - same way the Saints used to use him.

Yes I expect a TON this year. It's hard to win consistently in the NFL. After a losing season last year, time to flush that turd of the 2017 season & start by destroying the Bears on SNF.

Are you ready for some football??

Brak posted:
GBFanForLife posted:

Rodgers can change the call at any time. Who really is responsible for sticking with the run?????

We talk as though we know.  We don't.  He does.  He has every key he needs,  Maybe not every tool, but every option available to a QB playing today with regard to liberty.  The Philly Foles were an aberration.  Look at Houston's stats after Watson went down.  That is by far the most likely result of losing your starting QB, what Philly accomplished last year is an outlier.  I could get into a long defense of McCarthy, but what's the point?  Every suggestion that he's above average will be met with a "but." Same thing with Thompson.  So **** that. Tiresome.

You don't like a particular play-call?  Easy pickings, right?

Wrong.  None of us know WTF happens on an NFL field.  Locker room.  Practice field.  Off season negotiations. 

The argument that McCarthy somehow hamstrings AGod is nonsense, IMO.  You don't like the roster?  That's on the GM.  You don't like the offense you're watching?  In Green Bay's case, that's more and more on 12.

As it should be.

Mike needs to grasp what Aaron means to his future and Aaron needs to understand Mike made him rich. 

Life ain’t hard if you stop talking long enough and listen. Listening is everything provided you hear it. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
Brak posted:

The argument that McCarthy somehow hamstrings AGod is nonsense, IMO.  You don't like the roster?  That's on the GM.  You don't like the offense you're watching? 

In Green Bay's case, that's more and more on 12

There it is.  The "it's everybody's fault but McVince".  That guy has zero cupability apparent even thought there is a metric **** ton of incompetence.  It amazes me.  

Hell, dragging around a dead badger for years on end and still winning?  How could McVince possibly be hamstringing Rodgers?

As far as playcalling, does the passing game almost 100% rely on Rodgers making something happen out of the pocket?  Are you saying it's on Rodgers when schemed routes end up being this slow developing, seconds ticking, separation lacking routine?  Is every single receiver that bad?  How many times have we seen Rodgers bail out the offense by catching 12 defenders on the field?  Is that the genius of McVince?

McVince is a decent enough OC but he didn't "scrub the playbook" because everything was ****ing great.  I'm guessing he was "encouraged" to do so.  Just like "he fired" Capers.  

Last edited by Henry

I think MM is a great coach that has flaws. We all have flaws.

Rodgers also has his flaws, one of them is that he is always looking for the big play.

i think that sometimes he should take what the defense is giving him.

Rodgers is probably the best  QB in Packers history, talent wise. But, I always suffer with the OL when he tries extending a play.

MM is , at times, too reluctant to change. This drives me crazy.

Last year, I would have rather seen Callahan than Hundsh*t playing 

Yes, MM has flaws, you want him gone.

ok, fine. Now..... Replace him with someone better.

who would you like to have?

name a viable alternative. Or, your complaining means nothing.

I cannot think of any coach that I would rather have, except BB.. And maybe not even him. Because he stretches rules and I think he is a bit of a cheat. 

Pederson?

Good coach.......

GrainBelt66 posted:

I think MM is a great coach that has flaws. We all have flaws.

This is the equivalent of comparing your check book to the federal government and wonderin' why it's so hard to get a figurin' out them spendings.

Rodgers also has his flaws, one of them is that he is always looking for the big play.

He's "always" looking for the big play?  You mean the jailbreak offense we're seeing more and more?  Rodgers is a sandlot QB?  Is that it?

Yes, MM has flaws, you want him gone.

ok, fine. Now..... Replace him with someone better.

who would you like to have?

name a viable alternative. Or, your complaining means nothing.

Game on.  How many times have I told you this team needs to look at a young defensive minded coach, like Pettine if not Pettine, to work with a guy like Rodgers who, with a good OC, puts that offense on auto pilot?  How many times? 

How ****ing stupid is it to say it's incumbent on me to "replace" a coach?  I was unaware I had that power.  Let's see, they give McVince a one year contract and it's joyfully apparent he didn't gain any juice in the COMPLETE RESTRUCTURING OF THE ORGANIZATION.  I'm just glad McVince was finally freed from his shackles to make such sound decisions like firing The Wizard and "scrubbing the playbook" and bringing in Philbin to help "scrub the playbook".

So tell me exactly why the **** this guy is still here when every single administrative decision he failed to perform was a much a factor on the field as TT falling down? 

So unless you have an answer for that your argument means nothing as usual.  I expect you to answer that question.  You need to answer it right now.  Why is a big part of the failure in Green Bay still running this team?  Why?  Answer it now. 

TT is gone, The Wizard is gone.  They forgot one turd and as long as that turd is running the show and constantly being absolved I'll bitch to my heart's content. 

So make sure you get on that question and give me an answer immediately. 

Last edited by Henry

Told me? Never.

Pettine has already failed as a HC. He is a great defensive mind.

MM is still here because there is nothing better available. 

Which of your questions do you want me to Answer?

Answer my question, who is better and available?

dont be so negative, MM has also made many correct decisions.

enough of them to win a SB.

half empty much?

yeah, game on.

GrainBelt66 posted:

Told me? Never.

Get on it.  Every single post in response to your lazy question.

Belichek failed in Cleveland.  Pettine had to work under Haslam's dumb ass regime after posting an actual uptick in Cleveland's fortunes unlike the slew of other coaches who have trotted through town.  McVince was tearing it up with his 1-15 offense and his full recommendation of drafting Alex Smith.

Are you running for office?  "It makes me poopy so it can't be done". 

I think I made that abundantly clear.  Get on it otherwise you're just wasting my time.

Jesus ****, why do you even feel inclined to reply when this is your supposed ace in the hole?  What chicken**** dumb****ery is this to keep going to the same absurd trope?  Do you want me to tattoo my answer on your forehead so you can see it in the mirror every morning?

If you're just going to reply without reading my actual posts you should stop right now. 

And enough of them to keep on winning SuperBowls with one of the greatest QBs in the game?  TT is gone, The Wizard is gone but McVince is a ****ing infallible genius.  Oh wait, he's just not the homeliest girl at the dance.  Hopefully this turns out to be a Sherman situation. 

half empty much?

What's the word of the day for half the idiots on this board?

yeah, game on.

You know it.

Last edited by Henry

I'm not absolving him of anything.  I'm only saying that there are a lot of moving parts, and that 12 seems to have a lot of freedom at the line of scrimmage.  And I think that's a great thing.  He's earned it.  He's the best I've ever seen play the position.

McCarthy's on the sunset side of his coaching career, and I think it will be defined by thoughtful delegation.  At least I hope so.  Because so much around him has seemingly improved in such a short time, it would be difficult for him to think that he doesn't need to change.  We may not ever know it, but by the end of the McCarthy/Rodgers era in Green Bay, Rodgers may be the actual play caller.  There are lots of good head coaches that do "just" head coaching things.

Henry posted:
GrainBelt66 posted:

Told me? Never.

Get on it.  Every single post in response to your lazy question.

Belichek failed in Cleveland.  Pettine had to work under Haslam's dumb ass regime after posting an actual uptick in Cleveland's fortunes unlike the slew of other coaches who have trotted through town.  McVince was tearing it up with his 1-15 offense and his full recommendation of drafting Alex Smith.

Are you running for office?  "It makes me poopy so it can't be done". 

I think I made that abundantly clear.  Get on it otherwise you're just wasting my time.

Jesus ****, why do you even feel inclined to reply when this is your supposed ace in the hole?  What chicken**** dumb****ery is this to keep going to the same absurd trope?  Do you want me to tattoo my answer on your forehead so you can see it in the mirror every morning?

If you're just going to reply without reading my actual posts you should stop right now. 

And enough of them to keep on winning SuperBowls with one of the greatest QBs in the game?  TT is gone, The Wizard is gone but McVince is a ****ing infallible genius.  Oh wait, he's just not the homeliest girl at the dance.  Hopefully this turns out to be a Sherman situation. 

half empty much?

What's the word of the day for half the idiots on this board?

yeah, game on.

You know it.

You drunk?

Brak posted:

I'm not absolving him of anything.  I'm only saying that there are a lot of moving parts, and that 12 seems to have a lot of freedom at the line of scrimmage.  And I think that's a great thing.  He's earned it.  He's the best I've ever seen play the position.

McCarthy's on the sunset side of his coaching career, and I think it will be defined by thoughtful delegation.  At least I hope so.  Because so much around him has seemingly improved in such a short time, it would be difficult for him to think that he doesn't need to change.  We may not ever know it, but by the end of the McCarthy/Rodgers era in Green Bay, Rodgers may be the actual play caller.  There are lots of good head coaches that do "just" head coaching things.

Agreed

Totally agree.  It shouldn't be such an affront that MM has hit the Walsh Principle.  He's a good OC and with Philbin I think they'll be fine.  Siamese OCs.  As a HC, he's a disaster and has been kept afloat by Rodgers.  Everybody else has been held accountable. 

I can even see why they kept him around for one more year but I sure the hell hope his HC power, particularly in staff evaluations, has been stripped.  If he's truly been checked and it turns into a very successful season that's fantastic.  

I just think it's stupid Murphy didn't start fresh.  Say Pettine and defense takes a solid jump and doesn't **** the bed in the playoffs.  Is that McVince's doing?  It's an indictment yet he'll get credit for this great season when it was Murphy essentially stripping the system bare.  Are the Packers crazy to get rid of a "highly successful" coach in spite of the fact this "highly successful" coach only succeeded because he had to have his power yanked?  That's what bugs me the most.  That guy is going to ****ing coast.  I'm fine with him being a glorified OC if they can rack up some Super Bowls but there is no way in hell I'd ever give McVince credit again after watching the theater of the absurd that was last year.

I don't have any problem agreeing with you about Rodgers authority on the field but there have been consistent scheme issues.  I don't care that much about if they stick with the run.  I do care when he would call in the same ****ing 11 man set with the same damn results because receivers weren't getting clear.  What's worse is he kept doing it with Hundley.  How many games in did it take for McVince to realize they really needed to lean into the run game with a guy like Hundley?  That's the stuff that just baffles me. 

He sucks as a HC and his ability to adjust is becoming decrepit.  Was it always this way, of course not, but like you said he's long in the tooth and they should've made a clean break.  Maybe he and Philbin spin out some innovative, less predictable schemes, great.  I hope they do but I think the FO has shackled themselves with a guy that needs to move on.

Last edited by Henry
Brak posted:

Anyway, I need to focus on the Cocks right now. Biggest game of Muschamp's tenure here.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Good luck to your cocks.  You might want to have that checked out.

GrainBelt66 posted:

Ahh, your question is, why the **** is he still here.

Probably because the GBP have also decided that there is no one better available that Rodgers trusts.

does this qualify as an answer?

Wait, isn't Rodgers weighing McVince down by going all sandlot on him?  Oh, you meant he's kept his career alive for years on end through countless bad decisions?  The exact same point I've been arguing for awhile now?  

Whodathunk?

Henry posted:
GrainBelt66 posted:

Ahh, your question is, why the **** is he still here.

Probably because the GBP have also decided that there is no one better available that Rodgers trusts.

does this qualify as an answer?

Wait, isn't Rodgers weighing McVince down by going all sandlot on him?  Oh, you meant he's kept his career alive for years on end through countless bad decisions?  The exact same point I've been arguing for awhile now?  

Whodathunk?

I never said this.

I now feel even stupider. Your argument is flawed.

get back to me when you have it cleaned up a bit.

I am done. You expect me to answer the question, but you asked several questions at the same time.

i asked you one question, but you refuse to answer.

today, communicating with you seems to be a lost cause..

I hate lazy, spoonfed pablum replies.   

You: Rodgers also has his flaws, one of them is that he is always looking for the big play.

What exactly does this mean?  Always.  Obviously, the scramblin' Rodgers is always looking for the big sandlot play and not going through his progressions with receivers who aren't getting separation on slow plodding routes.  

GrainBelt66 posted:

I am done. You expect me to answer the question, but you asked several questions at the same time.

Didn't mean to ask pertinent questions.  I'll make it multiple choice next time.

HOLY ****!  You really must be running for office.

Last edited by Henry

Your point?

my point was and is that Rodgers is also not perfect.

what is your point?

i also hate lazy. I also dislike rhetoric and name calling.

AND, Rodgers does have flaws, don't be such a stirrup licker that believes he is perfect.

Henry posted:
GrainBelt66 posted:

Didn't mean to ask pertinent questions.  I'll make it multiple choice next time.

HOLY ****!  You really must be running for office.

Question please, I will answer to my best ability..

GrainBelt66 posted:

Your point?

my point was and is that Rodgers is also not perfect.

what is your point?

i also hate lazy. I also dislike rhetoric and name calling.

AND, Rodgers does have flaws, don't be such a stirrup licker that believes he is perfect.

But you didn't say that right?  Always.  Lord knows inference doesn't account for anything.  Even if that wasn't your intent, if you're going to wave a giant red cape in front of me your best response better not be "get over it", especially after you keep blathering on about a copious amount of pointed responses somehow "isn't answering your question".  Are you starting to make the connection here as to your current state of affairs?  

And the question you need to answer is in all those questions you can't seem to digest.  Here's a hint, you already partly responded to it.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.