Skip to main content

GrainBelt66 posted:

It is what it is. I gave him everything he needs to contact me 

he does not. Internet warrior = henry

very sad for me.. Henry was one that I respected the most.

it was all b-crap.... Sad

Oh, I deleted it.  Didn't even read.  Send it again.  Please send it again and I'll be right in your ****ing ear.

Last edited by Henry
Henry posted:
GrainBelt66 posted:

Oh, I deleted it.  Didn't even read.  Send it again.  Please send it again and I'll be right in your ****ing ear.

You have it now?

Henry posted:
GrainBelt66 posted:

Sucks when someone actually calls your bluff, right?

Henry posted:

GREATEST CALL EVER!  Lean into the slur a bit more Drinky Crow.

Quit while you're way behind.  You want to discuss this when you aren't completely loaded, go nuts.

Obviously I am pretty sober. You just happen to be the biggest asshole on the phone that I have ever met.

i wanted to apologize for our argument, but you only wanted to attack.

I guess you are 5'2" with a huge size complex.

too bad, we probably would have been friends until you decided to be , well, you.

Brak,  

Philbin's return a boost for a stagnant offense.

This is the gist of what I'm seeing.  I think Philbin will be a huge addition since he was effective as the offensive ideas guy on his first stint.

Teams are secretive about their schemes, so nobody is revealing what changed in the Packers’ playbook. But we wonder if we saw a hint of evolution in an otherwise vanilla preseason on a third down in the third quarter last week at Kansas City.

On that play, the Packers lined up two receivers just off tackle on the left side, and when they cleared out after the snap, running back Bronson Hill ran a circle route into the area they vacated. He was wide open for a short touch pass from No. 3 quarterback Tim Boyle and picked up the first down with an easy 12-yard gain. It was a slick play design and something the Packers hadn’t shown in past years.

β€œ(Passing game coordinator) Jim Hostler and Joe have brought some concepts they’ve run from other places,” Rodgers said, β€œand we’ve put a decent amount of them in the offense, which has been good.”

I have no doubt this is going to be an exciting offense.  Hopefully, the "reassessment" of roles will level things out.  Maybe it sets up a Pettine/Philbin working relationship if McVince is shown the door.  It makes me nervous keeping McVince in that position as HC (Winston Moss) when he's being propped up from every angle.  

Exceed:  Combined Packers offense and I think by a lot. 

Disappoints:  Banking on UDFAs like Gilbert.  Hope he's the next Bishop but there hasn't been a lot to that in recent years. 

Last edited by Henry
Henry posted:

in that position as HC (Winston Moss) when he's being propped up from every angle.  

Aren’t you doing the same thing you’re accusing others of doing by saying everything that goes right is in spite of McCarthy? MM’s performance is not black/white, he’s not blameless for every issue and every success is not in spite of him. It’s a collaboration and I think the fact that he’s retooling the offense with concepts from other coaches and places flies directly in the face of the perception that he’s a stubborn egotist who won’t change. I don’t think Murphy or Gute forcing scheme changes on him either. I think he suffered from the same issue that TT suffered from, he won a SB with great staff and put his faith in the wrong people after they all got hired away. They both failed in that regard, we are in agreement on that. We’ve had a historically good offense for years because of the collaboration between MM, AR, and good assistants like Philbin. 

Last edited by Grave Digger
Grave Digger posted:
Henry posted:

in that position as HC (Winston Moss) when he's being propped up from every angle.  

Aren’t you doing the same thing you’re accusing others of doing by saying everything that goes right is in spite of McCarthy? MM’s performance is not black/white, he’s not blameless for every issue and every success is not in spite of him. It’s a collaboration and I think the fact that he’s retooling the offense with concepts from other coaches and places flies directly in the face of the perception that he’s a stubborn egotist who won’t change. I don’t think Murphy or Gute forcing scheme changes on him either. I think he suffered from the same issue that TT suffered from, he won a SB with great staff and put his faith in the wrong people after they all got hired away. They both failed in that regard, we are in agreement on that. We’ve had a historically good offense for years because of the collaboration between MM, AR, and good assistants like Philbin. 

You mean because he's proved he's a decent OC but a lousy HC?  Yeah, then it's completely black and white.

See, what you guys do is keep wandering back into the realm of cherry picking stats on the field instead of actually addressing how ****ty his management style is.  I don't think he's a stubborn egotist, I think he's completely overmatched as an HC.  I keep stating he would be a fine OC but it would've been smart to go with a clean slate.   Did McVince really need to have Philbin come back to do a "clean sweep"?  I absolutely say yes, he did.  You can't look at the whole of the situation and state as you have "MM is finally getting the team he wants".  McVince is finally "able to set up his gameplan".  What?  Is this The Wizard syndrome again?  He needs ubermensch at every position when he has an ubermensch QB?  Did his ability to scheme go to **** when Philbin left?  There's an argument for that as well.

Again, the biggest point is he is the HEAD coach who is making all the decision on the field yet he absorbs none of the blame.  He's going to be a pivot point for all the new changes on this team.  It is easier for you guys to roll out blame to a QB who has clearly shown what he can do and means to this team than McVince.  It just amazes the hell out of me.  

Last edited by Henry

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.