Skip to main content

TEAMS: Green Bay Packers (8-3) at New York Giants (2-9).

WHEN: Noon CST Sunday.

WHERE: MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

TV: Fox with Thom Brennaman (play-by-play), Chris Spielman (analyst).

RADIO: AM-620 in Milwaukee, FM-101.1 in Green Bay; Packers Radio Network.

SERIES: Packers lead, 33-26-2.

LINE: Packers by 6.

WEATHER: Rain/wintry mix, high of 40.

SURFACE: Act Global synthetic turf.

COACHES: Green Bay’s Matt LaFleur (8-3) vs. the New York Giants' Pat Shurmur (7-20 with Giants; 17-43 overall).

InActives:11 WR Ryan Grant

• 22 RB Dexter Williams
  • 25 S Will Redmond
  • 28 CB Tony Brown
  • 29 CB Ka'dar Hollman
  • 67 G/T Adam Pankey
  • 73 T Yosh Nijman
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

YooperPackfan posted:

So has Ryan Grant been active at all this year? Why even keep him around?

Sternberger is active, meaning the Packers are going with 4 TE's today. That could be to provide extra blocking to help Bulaga OR it could be that MLF is going heavy TE and we will see some packages for Tonyan/Sternberger. 

If you are going to try something new (TE wise) in your offense, kind of makes to do it against a very banged up 2-9 team. 

EDIT: And for the Love of God, can we get Aaron Jones back into the passing game? 

Last edited by packerboi
Pakrz posted:
PackerHawk posted:

So is the new OT active or is he on some special list? 

I think he is on some special commissioners list.. so, not active and doesn't count against the 53 man roster.  

Yeah, I thought I saw he was on some kind of exempt list. Wonder how long he has to get ready? The guy bailed in May so I'd think he would need 2-3 weeks to be in a position to not make a fool out of himself. 

Last edited by PackerHawk
PackerHawk posted:

So is the new OT active or is he on some special list? 

OL Yosh Nijman is inactive and still on the 53.

Jared Veldheer is inactive, still on Reserve/Commissioner List.  Coaches want to get "the Dheer" up to speed on playcalls before throwing a guy who hasn't played in almost a year on the field.

I think he will provide great depth and could be a stop gap  next year too if he can stay healthy. Fresh legs into playoffs.

Last edited by GreenBayLA

Yeah Veldheer sounds like a guy you don't normally sign off the street this late in the year. Lucky break for us if he's serious about playing again. He would probably be starting for the Pats not if he hadn't retired. 

Last edited by PackerHawk
Packiderm posted:

All season long my local FOX station has had the Giant games. NOT TODAY! 

I'm sitting here in Wisconsin and my Dish guide says I'm getting the Niners/Raven game instead of the Packer game.  I'm going to assume that's some kind of a typo.  That's unheard of in WI. 

Pakrz posted:

Crappy weather, road game... Run the ball with 2 TE sets, use short to intermediate passes and play solid defense.  

GB wins this handily.  38 - 13. 

Nice dagger.

The impending loss is on you, bub.

GreenBayLA posted:

Dec 1 and no Packers starters out due to injury!

Last years list vs AZ Dec 2: CBs King and Breeland, Ss Brice and Greene, DE Daniels and KR Trevor Davis to IR

Hard to believe it's been one year without MM. Seems like a lot longer. 

Link copied to your clipboard.