Skip to main content

MichiganPacker2 posted:
lambeausouth posted:

Devante Adams, hopping on one foot, is better than any of the receivers we have out there now. 

We have some guys with real future potential. I like MVS's upside, especially. But they clearly aren't there now. They're too inconsistent as of yet. Remember when we thought Adams was going nowhere? It takes a few years to usually become a true force at receiver, and when you install a whole new offensive scheme, that window is lengthened. I don't understand how we went into this season without a veteran #2 receiver. It's really hurting the offense now. 

Adams played the one year when he had no business being on the field. He couldn't push off the leg and was statistically the worst WR in the  NFL that year. 

MVS is healthy. It's different than Adams' situation. 

Yes, I remember that. I was speaking more in general terms with receivers in Green Bay's offensive set. Part of that may be due to who was ahead of the young guys, but typically, unless you're Sterling Sharpe, you're not a #1/2 your first two years in Green Bay. Jordy took time. Robert Brooks took time. Donald Driver took time. Injury aside, Devante still took time. 

And watching the Jones drop just now, it's clear Rodgers really needs a veteran #2/3 receiver. Not having a contingency plan behind Adams, especially after Cobb left, is inexcusable. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.