Skip to main content

Mack is going to be one of those uber talented players in NFL history like Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, etc. who will have their careers squandered by mismanaged shitty teams. Feel bad for him in some ways, he didn't get to pick the Raiders or the Bears really. 

Grave Digger posted:

Mack is going to be one of those uber talented players in NFL history like Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, etc. who will have their careers squandered by mismanaged shitty teams. Feel bad for him in some ways, he didn't get to pick the Raiders or the Bears really. 

Such is the fate of top draft picks. More often than not, they're going to a crappy team.

DH13 posted:

I remember when Abdul Hodge was the second coming.  That was fun.

He had the same short coming as Martinez - speed.

College ILBs that can tackle are not NFL ILBs that can play. They need speed. NFL teams force ILBs to cover TEs, WRs and RBs in space. If they can't run they are a liability.

I could give a shit how many tackles Martinez makes. He's a liability. He cannot run and he cannot cover. He's AJ Hawk for God's sake. He's short, doesn't have length in his arms, doesn't have speed, but he sure can tackle when the ball carrier runs into his hole.

So what? I could make 4/5ths of those tackles.

El-Nuke-the-Hurricanes-Bong posted:
Timpranillo posted:

Any scenario with Austin Hooper in Green Bay works for me.  

I like the idea of Hooper too, but in the end, until the offense emphasizes TE's, I'd rather upgrade other places

Why would this offense emphasize a TE? They didn't have any TEs to emphasize.

AtTheMurph posted:
DH13 posted:

I remember when Abdul Hodge was the second coming.  That was fun.

He had the same short coming as Martinez - speed.

Any comparisons between Hodge and Martinez stop after "were drafted by the Packers."  

Spotrac (which obviously isn’t the ultimate authority) says the market value Ravens DL Michael Pierce is $4.7M per year. That sounds way too low to me for a 27 year old elite run stuffer. He’s not a brilliant pass rusher, more of a poor man’s BJ Raji, but he’s a starting caliber NT for sure. Hard to believe that’s his range. If a guy like Pierce can be had for <$7M then I would do that deal. We have the Ravens connection with Z and Milt. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/ba...-19379/market-value/

Last edited by Grave Digger
Grave Digger posted:

Ravens DL Michael Pierce is $4.7M per year. ..... We have the Ravens connection with Z and Milt. 

I like the idea of Pierce. Posted this a week or so ago(guessing where you got the idea :

Hoping Uncle Milty and Gute are looking at Ravens FA Michael Pierce . He would look extremely good lining up next to Kenny Clark. Maybe Milt or Zadarius gives him a call !!?? Run stuffer who can move - keep Lowry and Lancaster in sub roles.

Speaking of the Ravens connection, a more under the radar WR signing like Breshad Perriman could be a solid move. 1st round disappointment who has size and speed  - most importantly appears to be finally getting it as he really stepped up last year - might be a nice addition. 

Last edited by Packdog

Deny, deny, deny!!, until it's true of course.

Speculation surrounding Matthew Stafford's future in Detroit has percolated since the offseason began. Sitting with the No. 3 overall pick, some supposed thinkers have suggested it could be time for the Lions to move on from their starting quarterback.

Wednesday night brought a report from WDIV-TV in Detroit that trade talks regarding the quarterback have been underway for a couple of weeks.

The Lions swiftly pounced to reject the report.

"100% False!!" general manager Bob Quinn wrote in a text message to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

The double exclamation points could feel like a 'doth protest too much' moment

Andrew Brandt
 @AndrewBrandt

Any rumor of a trade of Matt Stafford is pure folly. The Lions, in the way they have structured repeated contracts, have made him untradeable. Would cost them $32M in Cap for him to NOT be there.
bvan posted:
Andrew Brandt
 @AndrewBrandt

Any rumor of a trade of Matt Stafford is pure folly. The Lions, in the way they have structured repeated contracts, have made him untradeable. Would cost them $32M in Cap for him to NOT be there.

Trade him, take the hit, draft Tua, suck for two years and acquire lots of picks and see what you can build.

Stafford isn't ever winning anything. Blow that fucker up and try to create something new. 

bvan posted:
Andrew Brandt
 @AndrewBrandt

End. Of. Discussion. Andrew Brandt knows his shit.

AtTheMurph posted:
bvan posted:
Andrew Brandt
 @AndrewBrandt

Trade him, take the hit, draft Tua, suck for two years and acquire lots of picks and see what you can build.

Stafford isn't ever winning anything. Blow that fucker up and try to create something new. 

The Lions have been trying that since well forever.  I have to wonder will they ever win anything no matter what they do?

Troy posted:

Stafford's wife is so damn annoying.  Just STFU already.  She is a wife of an NFL player.  Nothing more.  Social media is ruining the world.  

So, as a wife of an NFL player, she shouldn't have any opinions on her husband's employer or career?  

Does that apply to every wife or just wives of NFL players?  Can my wife complain about the way my employer treated me?  

Link copied to your clipboard.