Skip to main content

The win wasn’t pretty of course. But I think it’s a blessing in disguise. Forced not to read their press clippings and they will refocus. As opposed to winning big and being content. They know they got lucky.

I wonder if fatigue is becoming a factor?
It shouldn't be, but some of these guys don't have a lot of experience playing 16-17 games per year, not to mention playoffs.
The 'thing' is it's the same core of players (Douglas, Campbell, KC, Amos, Stokes) that are consistent, but the fringe players are the ones who are breaking down.

@mrtundra posted:

We gotta stop the run! 4 INTs and 5 sacks should signal a great day for the defense, but we looked like crap against the run!

And run after the catch too. Maybe all the “above the neck” practices” should include some time practicing tackling.

I love the way Stokes is playing, but he is still consistently dropping balls that should be picks.
There have been a couple down the stretch that would have significantly reduced my fourth quarter stress levels.

Baltimore and Cleveland are both very physical clubs.  The Cleveland oline is no joke and Stefanski straight up telegraphed runs with 3 TE sets.  The Packers D just couldn't stop them.  There were blockers all over the damn place.

More than anyone I've fucking bitched about Dline depth.  Campbell and Barnes have shown they've got what it takes.  So it's up to Matt Foley to get Keke and the Northwestern scrubs back up to speed.

For all we know it could've been Mayo micromanaging the whole thing while Matt Foley has had his finger up his ass.  Point being, get back to what was working because you've got the playmakers now.  That's irrefutable.

Last edited by Henry
@Blair Kiel posted:

Help a white brother out.

We win one of next two and we're good?

I think more still needs to happen like Dallass and or Tampax losing one more yet but not really sure. We win out we’re safe of course

@R MaN posted:

The win wasn’t pretty of course. But I think it’s a blessing in disguise. Forced not to read their press clippings and they will refocus. As opposed to winning big and being content. They know they got lucky.

They should have known they got lucky last week in Baltimore.

@michiganjoe posted:

Dallas losing would help tremendously (they own the division record tie breaker).

Dallas has WFT and Cards at home and then Philly on the road. They could lose 2 of those.

Edit for Finnlander.

Last edited by ammo
@Timmy! posted:

I wonder if fatigue is becoming a factor?
It shouldn't be, but some of these guys don't have a lot of experience playing 16-17 games per year, not to mention playoffs.
The 'thing' is it's the same core of players (Douglas, Campbell, KC, Amos, Stokes) that are consistent, but the fringe players are the ones who are breaking down.

They sure looked broken and beaten down and gassed in the 2nd half. I was wrong about KC returning would right the ship. Teams are finding the weak spots much like the past 2 years. They were also on the field the entire 2nd half tonight. I'm not sure they can survive a playoff game without getting 23 back or some timely adjustments from Barry. It looks like they've held up just about as long as they can.

@artis posted:

They sure looked broken and beaten down and gassed in the 2nd half. I was wrong about KC returning would right the ship. Teams are finding the weak spots much like the past 2 years. They were also on the field the entire 2nd half tonight. I'm not sure they can survive a playoff game without getting 23 back or some timely adjustments from Barry. It looks like they've held up just about as long as they can.

Losing Mercilus hurts a lot too.  Think about it.  P and Gary along with Fred Garvin Male Prostitute are your outside rush.  They've been great but there really isn't any rest for these guys.  Add in Keke and Northwestern scrubs not playing above their heads anymore and there's a limit.

Any news on Z is just a black hole.  I feel like he's played his last down as a Packer.

Savage has been a dipshit lately too but CB play has been solid.  The defense can do it and has shown it but I'm starting to think the wear and tear may be an issue like Timmy said.  Not enough depth to keep these guys fresh.

Still, both Cleveland and Baltimore are hardcore physical teams.  They won both games however ugly.

Last edited by Henry
@Henry posted:

Losing Mercilus hurts a lot too.  Think about it.  P and Gary along with Fred Garvin Male Prostitute are your outside rush.  They've been great but there really isn't any rest for these guys.  Add in Keke and Northwestern scrubs not playing above their heads anymore and there's a limit.

Any news on Z is just a black hole.  I feel like he's played his last down as a Packer.

Savage has been a dipshit lately too but CB play has been solid.  The defense can do it and has shown it but I'm starting to think the wear and tear may be an issue like Timmy said.  Not enough depth to keep these guys fresh.

Still, both Cleveland and Baltimore are hardcore physical teams.  They won both games however ugly.

No doubt they've done a great job and Ravens and Browns are good, tough football teams. It's great to get these W's but just wonder how on earth they will hang in come playoff time. I'm still trying to figure out wtf Garvin was doing when he essentially gave up on a sack. Both weeks have been classic can't get off the field type games in the 2nd half. They couldn't stop Chubb when they were fresh and those same lanes opened up all night. There aren't too many Mayfields in the NFC that will serve up a win for you.

Just cannot fathom what the undying attraction is to a guy like Lancaster.

I mean, he seems like a good guy and is cheap, I get that. As the 6th or 7th lineman, he's fine.

But he offers NOTHING as a pass rusher and he has ZERO ability to pursue laterally.

Lancaster is also not that stout at the point of attack in the run game.

And his PFF grade before today)was lower than Lowry & Keke.

Lancaster has been a "KEY" member of the subpar defensive line for 4 years now.

It is like watching King play CB year after year and thinking he is somehow going to justify that he was the top pick of the 2017 draft.

Lancaster is who he is ... and he ain't any good.

Last edited by SteveLuke

Completely agree, especially about the Garvin non-sack.

I guess my point is they actually have it in them and have shown it unlike so many other failed defenses from the past.  What do you do to get them on track again?

I think this is the first time in many years that I believe the 1st round bye is absolutely crucial.  They may have to limp to get it but they need the rest.

At the same time, they have done enough to win the games.  The offense and defense seem to be shitting the beds opposite of themselves, which at this point is beneficial.

Last edited by Henry
@SteveLuke posted:

Just cannot fathom what the undying attraction is to a guy like Lancaster.

I mean, he seems like a good guy and is cheap, I get that. As the 6th or 7th lineman, he's fine.

But he offers NOTHING as a pass rusher and he has ZERO ability to pursue laterally.

Lancaster is also not that stout at the point of attack in the run game.

And his PFF grade before today)was lower than Lowry & Keke.

Lancaster has been a "KEY" member of the subpar defensive line for 4 years now.

It is like watching King play CB year after year and thinking he is somehow going to justify that he was the top pick of the 2017 draft.

Lancaster is who he is ... and he ain't any good.

He's fat.

I really wish they'd quit trying to use Slaton like a hogger.

I also believe Gunt needs to be looking for a Howard Green type at this point.

Last edited by Henry

The Ravens and Browns are mediocre teams.   Yet their offenses moved the ball up and down the field against this team.

Hell, for 3/4 of the game the Justin Fields Bores had this team on the ropes.

It’s not a good trend and unless Z and Jaire return and play well this team is toast come playoff time.  The Packers inability to get key stops on 3rd down and crappy run defense will get exposed despite Rasual Douglas heroics.

Last edited by Tschmack

The decline of the defense coincided with Mercilus getting injured and Gary not being as disruptive. Those two developments make us weak on the edges, our other OLBers should be 5th -6th at that position guys.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.