Skip to main content

The Walker, Douglas, and Wyatt incidents just show MLF doesn't have control of his team. It probably starts with Rodgers running his own offense at times. Rodgers did his post game interview and actually mentioned the 3 passes he threw in the last possession. I can't say MLP is the problem but teams usually take on the personality of their coaches and MLP just comes across as being soft.

@Blair Kiel posted:

Not sure on that.

Maybe the fact that the season is over puts time on his side. But if the Packers were playing next week he'd get suspended. This is his second ejection for an altercation with a non-player. That's a black eye the league can't have. Going after a trainer a week after a trainer saved a player's life on the field is not a good look.

@PackerRick posted:

The Walker, Douglas, and Wyatt incidents just show MLF doesn't have control of his team. It probably starts with Rodgers running his own offense at times. Rodgers did his post game interview and actually mentioned the 3 passes he threw in the last possession. I can't say MLP is the problem but teams usually take on the personality of their coaches and MLP just comes across as being soft.

I fully endorse this statement. Fully.

@FLPACKER posted:

Lions staff really owned Packers staff in both games.

That flea flicker TD to Jameson Williams (called back on a legitimate holding call) was a really well designed play as well.

Detroit is not only young and hungry under Dan Campbell, it has cap space and holds the 6th, 18th, and 49th picks as well as the Vikes 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft.

Hard as it may be to believe, MLF and his defensive coordinator, whomever that may be, will likely have their work cut out for them competing with the Lions over the next couple of seasons.

@DH13 posted:

Two similar teams on different trajectories, apparently.

I figured next year was the year Detroit would be good enough for a potential sweep of us.  I was pretty surprised they pulled it off this year.  I figured Goff would make enough mistakes and poor throws that would allow the Pack to squeak out a win at Lambeau.

Goff started out not looking great but the Pack let him get going a bit and he never made things easy for the Pack like I thought he might.  Kudos to him and kudos to the Lions.  They’ve got 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft and Jameson Williams should be 100% healthy.  

After 30+ years I think the Lions will finally be in the mix for top spot in the NFC if they nail that draft this coming offseason.

If Detroit can upgrade the back end of that defense and add another pass rusher that is a scary overall team.  

If they stay where they are at 6 and 18 it’s possible they take 2 corners and they still have a couple of second rounders as well.  

Goff is more than serviceable behind that OL and with those weapons.

If you are GB, the Raiders at 7, Falcons at 8, Panthers at 9 and Titans at 11 and Jets at 13 would all be options to trade Rodgers.  I didn’t include the Colts at 4 because it’s pretty certain they will take Stroud.

If one of those teams said here’s our 1 and a 2 next year or a 3 this year I’d do it.   Gives you 2 - 1s and you could take a WR or TE or both in R1 for Jordan Love.  

@Tschmack posted:

If Detroit can upgrade the back end of that defense and add another pass rusher that is a scary overall team.  

If they stay where they are at 6 and 18 it’s possible they take 2 corners and they still have a couple of second rounders as well.  

Goff is more than serviceable behind that OL and with those weapons.

If you are GB, the Raiders at 7, Falcons at 8, Panthers at 9 and Titans at 11 and Jets at 13 would all be options to trade Rodgers.  I didn’t include the Colts at 4 because it’s pretty certain they will take Stroud.

If one of those teams said here’s our 1 and a 2 next year or a 3 this year I’d do it.   Gives you 2 - 1s and you could take a WR or TE or both in R1 for Jordan Love.  

Oh no!!!!!! No 3 for Gute.

I really think Rodgers's value is down after this season. The year before he was coming off back-to-back MVPs and they [Packers] talked themselves into keeping him because of that. He isn't getting any younger and only a team that is a QB away from real SB contention would trade (should trade) for him.

Last edited by D J

Speaking of the Pack's backup RB who was selected in the 2nd round of the 2020 NFL draft, it has now been 3 seasons since that draft and that is generally how long many folks feel it takes before a draft class can be properly judged.

How do the faithful think Gutey did in the 2020 draft?

Round 1 Jordan Love

Round 2 AJ Dillon

Round 3 Josiah Degaura

Round 4 Jordan Love

Round 5 Kamal Martin

Round 6 Jon Runyan

Round 6 Simon Stepaniak

Round 6 Jake Hanson

Round 7 Vernon Scott

Round 7 Jonathan Garvin

He's inconsistent.  I don't know how much of that is the playcalling and how much of it is him.  But you look at games like the one he had vs TEN a couple years ago and maybe one or two others this year and you think he's Jerome Bettis.  At most other times he looks very pedestrian.  He's a big thick RB with the feet of a tap dancer but he seems to go down easier than those skills would imply.

.... always going to be a drop off between #1 and #2 , with Dillon / Jones it appeared to me that our staff didn't acknowledge that drop off as much as they could. We were awful in the red zone this year, yet they often played Dillon when there. Even inside the 5 yard line Jones is better, he avoids / breaks tackles better than Dillon, why not use your best when you really need it?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.