Skip to main content

@Tschmack posted:

Nope

Drake Maye, Shake Sanders, Bo Mix, Penix, all good

Don't want Sanders, and Sanders won't want Green Bay. Too much Johnny Football attitude for me. I like Bo Nix and I haven't seen too much of Maye. Penix looks the part, but has kind of a weird throwing motion. A left-handed Love build with better accuracy and athleticism.

If it comes down to the last game, who can lose it the best when the Bears and Packers play?

Can't imagine how bad this game would have been without the extra rest and time to prepare.

..or the two lucky TD passes.  One was so late a guy beaten by 3 steps almost picked it.   In fact, the rules expert on the broadcast said he did.  The other was late and behind and we get one of the luckiest bounces I’ve seen in a while.  

We could easily have gone all game without a TD and Love having 3 picks in crucial moments.  

He sucks.   Constantly late and constantly under thrown.  I have a suspicion that the shit timing on the screen game falls on his shoulders too.

Cut bait.  If Gute won’t do it, get rid of his ass too.   Shit, do that anyways.

It’s not a good football team

MLF and assistants aren’t good. Love isn’t good.  Did I miss anything?

BTW Locke may not be anything either.  I said he showed something against Illinois.  Did some good things.  If he flames out against Ohio State (very possible) will you come back and remind me how good he is?  Or just make excuses?

Last edited by Tschmack
@Tschmack posted:

It’s not a good football team

MLF and assistants aren’t good. Love isn’t good.  Did I miss anything?

BTW Locke may not be anything either.  I said he showed something against Illinois.  If he flames out against Ohio State (very possible) will you come back and remind me how good he is?

No, because I would never rate a QB's performance  making his 2nd start against the #3 team in the country.

All this Love hate is almost comical. Who helped him out? Did we see any WRs step up? The OL allowed pressure, didn't open holes for the running game, and made critical penalties. People have short memories and only think what happened at the end of the game is what matters. Carlson missed a chippie which gave Denver the field position to get a FG before the half. A 6 point swing. How many points did the Packers lose by? So to think that last pass prevented a game winning FG might not be true.

@PackerRick posted:

All this Love hate is almost comical. Who helped him out? Did we see any WRs step up? The OL allowed pressure, didn't open holes for the running game, and made critical penalties. People have short memories and only think what happened at the end of the game is what matters. Carlson missed a chippie which gave Denver the field position to get a FG before the half. A 6 point swing. How many points did the Packers lose by? So to think that last pass prevented a game winning FG might not be true.

The problem is he didn’t help himself either.

@PackerRick posted:

No, I’m not just judging the last late and under thrown ball.   I’m judging all of them.   Including the one to Watson that ended the game 2 weeks ago.

2 games in a row have ended on a Love pick.  

Fact is the Broncos whooped our ass and we got some big breaks to make it close.  Then, in the final minutes, we do what we do.   We give up scores and we throw picks in crucial situations.  

Last edited by BrainDed
@Goalline posted:

The problem is he didn’t help himself either.

I think he had his moments. He made plays that gave the Packers a chance to win. People are so used to Rodgers acting as an OC on the field that they expect the same from Love who can't even change a play. He actually overcame some very stupid penalties. But the team can't be behind the sticks like they were at the end. They really needed a 1st down and the had 2 plays to get 20 yards. It was pretty obvious the ball had to go downfield.

@BrainDed posted:

..or the two lucky TD passes.  One was so late a guy beaten by 3 steps almost picked it.   In fact, the rules expert on the broadcast said he did.  The other was late and behind and we get one of the luckiest bounces I’ve seen in a while.  

We could easily have gone all game without a TD and Love having 3 picks in crucial moments.  

He sucks.   Constantly late and constantly under thrown.  I have a suspicion that the shit timing on the screen game falls on his shoulders too.

Cut bait.  If Gute won’t do it, get rid of his ass too.   Shit, do that anyways.

rules analyst Gene Steratore is as bad as the officials---to say that contested pass was an interception is laughable. His feet are down first, but he doesn't complete the reception --or make the dreaded 'football move'---just a stupid thing to say..and ..speaking of stupid rules items-the holding call on Jenkins in crunch time  on the QB draw was asinine... let that go the same way you let the offensive pass interference go on the Broncos last TD and Green Bay has a clear shot of winning and Love is the hero.

Love may not be Johnny U but he doesn't suck. He made a bad throw on 3rd and 20 protected by a mediocre line

Here is the official rules on a catch/interception in the NFL

a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.

@PackerRick posted:

I think he had his moments. He made plays that gave the Packers a chance to win. People are so used to Rodgers acting as an OC on the field that they expect the same from Love who can't even change a play. He actually overcame some very stupid penalties. But the team can't be behind the sticks like they were at the end. They really needed a 1st down and the had 2 plays to get 20 yards. It was pretty obvious the ball had to go downfield.

Some of his missed passes were atrocious and throwing that ball up for grabs with a strong legged young kicker in his back pocket was extremely stupid.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.