Skip to main content

That's what I'm looking forward to: having fun again watching the Packers. The past several years have been almost cookie-cutter and while winning was nice, the team didn't have a lot of energy. When MLF was hired, things changed a bit but then it was back to norm. Now, it seems the energy and youth and fun are back at Lambeau. It's a game, so have some fun! Whether that translates to wins or not we don't know yet, but it's a breath of fresh air.

@ilcuqui posted:

Packers related. PFHOF spurns Sterling Sharpe again. What a joke

Three Seniors have been named Finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2024.

-Randy Gradishar
-Steve McMichael
-Art Powell

Farging bastiges!

People are bound and determined to get Michaels elected because he's near death from ALS.
While that is indeed sad, it shouldn't have any bearing on HoF elections.
And while he was a good, if not great, DT, I don't think he's HoF worthy.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but it'll work.

Cherry is carrying on one of Bart's traditions.

It's not exclusive to Love (although I'd love to know what she wrote to him), or even the Packers, for that matter. But I couldn't put it in a non-Packers thread, because Cherry is a beloved Packer, as far as I'm concerned.

Anybody else think her note to TOG1 was a little.... strange?
And, of course, one would wonder if she still wants his support, or if his letter got  "lost in the mail"....

@packerboi posted:

As I said in a previous post, keep those antacids handy. Along with your favorite shot ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Does it really matter. Packers aint winning the Owl this year. They can ball out every game and lose almost every one by an extra point miss. Just beat the Bares, Vicklings  and Loins. Finish with 6 wins get a good pick slot and go crazy next year with favorable cap space to work. Entertaining football that has you at the edge of your seat each week. Kinda like that playoff game against the Cards.

@packerboi posted:

Not saying this is the final 5 starting OL, but I didn't predict Myers AND Nyman would be on the outside looking in. Wow.

I think you are onto something. Particularly after the way Gary has been treating Tom since his return to practice. A good reminder that despite his technical skills Tom is rather light in the britches for a tackle.

Matt LaFleurโ€™s Season of Change and Uncertainty

Sports Illustrated

By MATT VERDERAME 8/25/23

There, I ask LaFleur a simple question: What do you want your teamโ€™s identity to be?

โ€œWe know we play an imperfect game,โ€ LaFleur says after Tuesdayโ€™s practice at Nitschke Field. โ€œI want it to show through all the intangibles that take no talent. The effort at which weโ€™re flying to the football defensively. How hard are we blocking for each other offensively? All of the things that at the end of it, it takes no talent to do. That doesnโ€™t just create itself on gameday. That has to be through your practice habits and what you do each and every day. Are you going to the extreme, are you going to exhaust yourself in every situation, every opportunity that you go out there on the grass?โ€  continue

@packerboi posted:

Not saying this is the final 5 starting OL, but I didn't predict Myers AND Nyman would be on the outside looking in. Wow.

Might be a good solution.

Bakhtiari is great, when he can go.

โ€˜Jenkins is top-notch, as well.

Tom should have a spot somewhere, and his size probably makes Center his best spot.

Runyan is serviceable.

Nijman is not a guy you want as a regular starter. Heโ€™s an okay swing guy, but pretty much a jag.

Walker has the size and pedigree to be a candidate for the position.

@Herschel posted:

Might be a good solution.

Bakhtiari is great, when he can go.

โ€˜Jenkins is top-notch, as well.

Tom should have a spot somewhere, and his size probably makes Center his best spot.

Runyan is serviceable.

Nijman is not a guy you want as a regular starter. Heโ€™s an okay swing guy, but pretty much a jag.

Walker has the size and pedigree to be a candidate for the position.

Great to see Walker competing. Lots of value there even if his ceiling is a solid backup being a 7th rounder. Love to see that.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.