Skip to main content

Can't say you're wrong, YA.

But I do believe he was never used correctly in Green Bay, being primarily a 1-position-at-a-time player never did work for him.
Not saying he was on the verge of greatness, but he should've been able to line up at any WR position, as a TE/extra lineman, and as a rusher or receiver from FB or RB (much like A Jones). Even if he wasn't a primary target, he could've decoyed or drawn coverage away, or had a blocking role similar to Lizard.

Now, it could be that he couldn't learn how to do these things, or just wasn't athletic enough to accomplish them, but I do think he could've done much better in a situational role rather than being an every-down back or receiver.
Just as long as that situational role did NOT include KR...

@ammo posted:

Gutey, "Hello, Mason, whatcha doing for the next 6 months?"

I loved Mason, when he was here. He won some big games, for the Packers. I was not enamored with his seeming inability to kick the ball out of the end zone. He always gave the receiving team a chance to get good field position and especially so, if our gunners were blocked out of the play. Give me a guy who can consistently boot it out of the end zone, on kick-offs and also one who doesn't miss PATs, FGs. I'll give Carlson a chance to improve, but if he starts costing us games, it will be time to go. Bissaccia has some work to do. Maybe the kid just needs to get some confidence and the fear of God put into him. Bissaccia is just the guy to do that.

@YATittle posted:

I was at that Rams game in LA where that fool took the kickoff out of the end zone and fumbled with two minutes left in the game depriving ARod of his comeback.

he was pissed about something that day as I saw him hurling his helmet on the sideline before that.

I was there also.  We knew Packers were going to win that game.  Then a brain fart overwhelmed Montgomery and the rest is history.

@mrtundra posted:

I loved Mason, when he was here. He won some big games, for the Packers. I was not enamored with his seeming inability to kick the ball out of the end zone. He always gave the receiving team a chance to get good field position and especially so, if our gunners were blocked out of the play. Give me a guy who can consistently boot it out of the end zone, on kick-offs and also one who doesn't miss PATs, FGs. I'll give Carlson a chance to improve, but if he starts costing us games, it will be time to go. Bissaccia has some work to do. Maybe the kid just needs to get some confidence and the fear of God put into him. Bissaccia is just the guy to do that.

To be fair, they don't want touchbacks on kick offs because teams believe they can stop teams from getting to the 25 yard line more often. Of course that assumes you don't have crap special teams and coaches.

Last edited by Herschel
@ilcuqui posted:

More MLF from today:

@TomSilverstein: LaFleur said they are trying to find the best five in the secondary and said he hasn't ruled out moving CB Rasul Douglas to safety. He said it depends on how things pan out with the rest of the secondary.

If they sit back in the patented Joe Barry soft zone coverage, it doesn't really matter who is on the field.

But, but Colin Cowturd says there is no "wow" with Jordan Love.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.