Skip to main content

Some things from Gute this morning:

Brian Gutekunst makes it clear David Bakhtiari is his LT: "First of all, we're not going to trade David. So just get that out of the way."

Gutekunst says Bakhtiari is in "a good place" with his knee, knows how to handle it, preserve himself for the season.

Gutekunst is still backing rookie K Anders Carlson. He called his inconsistency "pretty typical."

He says a lesson he's learned is the risk of not being patient when there needs to be: "Certainly, Mason had some tough times when he struggled, and I thought Ted gave him a long leash, and he always came out of it."

That said, BG said he's "got to get it fixed and produce when it matters." But there are no plans to bring in another kicker at this point.

Packers might be looking for a tight end once final cuts are made, Gutekunst says. Only have Musgrave, Kraft and Allen in that traditional TE role; Tyler Davis was a big loss, he said. Allen will "get an opportunity" to fill that role.

Brian Gutekunst says De'Vondre Campbell's ankle injury is "not a long-term thing." Anticipates he'll be ready for Chicago in Week 1

Cautiously optimistic here. I know those ratings certainly won't hold in the regular season. If our D doesn't finish in the top 8 or so, that will be a major disappointment and reason enough to say goodbye to Barry. If the O finishes in the top 15, that would be fair with a first-year QB. If it ends up in the top 10, that would be a darn-near MLF miracle.

A key player for Richie Rich on ST's:

While not direct Packers news, certainly Packers related considering their week 1 opponent. Bears OL is not looking very healthy heading towards week 1.

Rest of that tweet: Darnell Wright -- limped off with ankle issue today

Last edited by packerboi
@ilcuqui posted:

OL Jake Hanson (shin) has been waived injured. The likely end in Green Bay for the 2020 6th round pick. CB Elijah Hamilton takes his roster spot.

Dangit, I meant to post this a couple of days ago and promptly forgot.
Some recent additions to the roster:

Packers sign LB Marvin Pierre

And as you posted,
CB Elijah Hamilton

For those that may remember, Elijah's Dad, Ruffin Hamilton, was a LB for the Packers in the middle 1990's.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.