Skip to main content

@Chongo posted:

I generally like what Peter Bukowski does with regard to the Packers. He puts in a lot of work, gathers a lot of different sources...relies pretty heavily on Pro Football Fuckfest ratings as the predicate for many of his arguments, but I always consider that.

Then, every once in a while, he posts a giant L take and reminds me of why I often think he's a douche. Is he truly offended, or just doing this shit to harvest clicks?

My people were not happy.  And then Ricky (the dragon) went to the 9ers

all Eyez on you, Captain Morgan. Especially when Barton and Cooper become Hall of Famers

Last edited by Iowacheese
@Dr._Bob posted:

The Lions thought they were.

Gutey playing Chess....while Meathead and crew play cheKurs.

Looks like the Cowboys thought about Morgan and they need OL. Surprised they traded down with Loins. That's the brilliance of how the Pack has built the team. Packers could take Arnold & that's why the Loins jumped and paid the price. Now the rest of the division doesn't have any picks for day 2 (2 picks combined) I love it.

@Chongo posted:

I generally like what Peter Bukowski does with regard to the Packers. He puts in a lot of work, gathers a lot of different sources...relies pretty heavily on Pro Football Fuckfest ratings as the predicate for many of his arguments, but I always consider that.

Then, every once in a while, he posts a giant L take and reminds me of why I often think he's a douche. Is he truly offended, orjust doing this shit to harvest clicks?

You should've listened to his live stream, right after the draft. It's probably posted on YT somewhere. He has ads and gets paid with clicks. So what do you do? Say something "controversial" to get people talking. It's a fairly common practice but it isn't "boring" echo chamber.

He mentioned how this pick is 100% a Packer pick. It is...& Gutey stated they had him rated very high. Someone (I forget who ) mentioned the ACL and how he would've been top 5 the previous year draft. He fell down the bored this year because of so much quality at the position. Packers got another winner. I'm convinced. They draft OL very well.

@Iowacheese posted:

My people were not happy.

all Eyez on you, Captain Morgan. Especially when Barton and Cooper become Hall of Famers

Couple of things I mentioned earlier, but you and your people happily ignored

1) Packers like versatile OL, but T/G versatility is way more valuable than G/C versatility. Once the Packers decided to move Zach Tom to OC,  that lowered Barton's value for the Packers.

2) The Packers teach their OL to be more catchers instead of punchers - so OT arm length isn't as vital in Titletown. Watch Bakh clips and see how he catches the DL then latches on to the outside of the shoulder pads and stymies their pass rush. That's how GB coaches their OL and Morgan is more than capable of utilizing that tactic as an LT.

Gute says Morgan has the LT feet, waiting for foot fetishista's to chime in 

@packerboi posted:

What you think Josh Jacobs is going to do if he gets a hole that friggin big?!?!

I wish I knew a mathematical formula that could calculate how the skill at one position increased the value at other positions, but it can be summed up by the word "team." I still keep thinking about the Bears' draft picks yesterday and wondering if the value of those picks is reduced because of limited effectiveness at other positions like the offensive line.

Pre-ACL injury, Morgan was considered by many as the top LT in the draft...granted it was a poor year for OT, but his athleticism and ability pre-injury were impressive. He was all set to come out early...then injury.

He balled out last year on a rebuilt knee...he shut down the drafts top edge guy Latu...on a rebuilt knee not fully healed yet. He obviously passed the Packers medical, so my guess is he's as good as one can ever be on a repaired ACL.

It's pick 25...someone was always going to bitch about whoever it was. If it was Guyton, the knock is he's JUST an OT, can't play guard. If it was Terrion Arnold, people would have bitched there must be something wrong he fell so far. If it was DeJean, he's another Josh Jackson, ad nauseum.

If 2023 proved anything to Packer fans, it should be you can strike oil at any point in the draft...The last two drafts, in my mind, have washed away any negative picks I viewed Gutey having made previously...guys like Deguara, AJ Dillon, Kamal Martin, etc.

I feel like Gutey has become a better drafter the last two seasons...he seemed to take less risks the last two years and it really paid off.

We hear it all the time - once you get past the top 10-15 guys, the next 30-40 aren't that different.  Taking a guy at 25 who was consensus 35 is negligible. And sounds like Morgan was much higher than 35 on the Packers' board.

Can't go wrong drafting OL. Sounds like Morgan is high floor with a pro bowl ceiling but may never be all-pro. I can live with that.

@packerboi posted:

I'm more excited to watch Reed or Watson out there running wide open behind Morgan.

@CUPackFan posted:

We hear it all the time - once you get past the top 10-15 guys, the next 30-40 aren't that different.  Taking a guy at 25 who was consensus 35 is negligible. And sounds like Morgan was much higher than 35 on the Packers' board.

I'm pretty sure the Cowboys are the ones that "got cute" with the trade down thinking they could still get Morgan with the Lions pick at #29. 😈 🖕🏼🖕🏼 Cokeboys!!🖕🏼🖕🏼😁.

It's very clear at this point they had Morgan rated in Tier 1.

This is like TJ Watt in reverse 😄

Last edited by Boris
@Boris posted:

Gutey playing Chess....while Meathead and crew play cheKurs.

Looks like the Cowboys thought about Morgan and they need OL. Surprised they traded down with Loins. That's the brilliance of how the Pack has built the team. Packers could take Arnold & that's why the Loins jumped and paid the price. Now the rest of the division doesn't have any picks for day 2 (2 picks combined) I love it.

You should've listened to his live stream, right after the draft. It's probably posted on YT somewhere. He has ads and gets paid with clicks. So what do you do? Say something "controversial" to get people talking. It's a fairly common practice but it isn't "boring" echo chamber.

He mentioned how this pick is 100% a Packer pick. It is...& Gutey stated they had him rated very high. Someone (I forget who ) mentioned the ACL and how he would've been top 5 the previous year draft. He fell down the bored this year because of so much quality at the position. Packers got another winner. I'm convinced. They draft OL very well.

I'm ok with this pick, but not sure they draft OL well.  Jason Spriggs, Tony Moll, Jason Spitz, Marshall Newhouse, Royce Newman, Cole Madison, Kyle Murphy, Jake Hanson, Simon Stepeniak,  and Cole VanLanen  might disagree with you.  I'll admit that Gutey is doing better than TT in that regard but he's had a few misses as well.

I think Dallas very likely had Guyton and Morgan rated similarly. Grabbed the value and let the board decide for them. Gute could’ve traded up at any point that Mitchell and Arnold were falling. He may have even suspected there’d be a move up just ahead of GB to snare Arnold. Not necessarily the Lions, but good for them. Meathead looked very smug as the trade unfolded. Go for it on 4th down on your 30 again, dipshit.

Morgan was playing very strong football in under a year from the ACL tear. I suspect he still has room for improvement. Solid, if unsexy, pick. Tonight’s going to be a blast, and the rest of the division is going to be pretty bored the next couple days.

@tsr86free posted:

Tonight’s going to be a blast, and the rest of the division is going to be pretty bored the next couple days.

Meanwhile....Packers will be "winning" Day 2 & 3 for the NFC North.

See CJ Strouds reaction to Niners drafting Ricky "The Dragon" Pearsall

@vitaflo posted:
Bukowski is a click whore.  Always has been.  See his AR takes when he was still on the team.  Remember that even when you agree with him, he's just telling you what you want to hear to generate clicks.  He's a common Twitter bobo.

85% of YouTube channels are a millennial dudebro circle jerk.

@Chongo posted:

I love it when I see OT pancake guys.  Morgan seems pretty good at that.

@Herschel posted:

Wanna start one with me? 😁

https://www.acmepackingcompany...kle-arizona-wildcats

Here's Jerruh giving us some insight into the trade down to the Lyons from #24

Last edited by Boris
@Boris posted:

Meanwhile....Packers will be "winning" Day 2 & 3 for the NFC North.

See CJ Strouds reaction to Niners drafting Ricky "The Dragon" Pearsall

Chess > Pickle juice Ball

@Herschel posted:

He actually provides a lot of really good content he digs up from other sources and packages in his opinions.  You just have to separate the two.

I really like this pick.  He was the top OL left at that point, and it's a position worth bolstering.  Quality big guys are tough to find.  Build the OL, build the DL, and then build everything else.  He's versatile, humble and he's going to be very good.  I believe they should play him mainly at LT.  Not mad about this pick at all.

That all tracks and makes sense. The Packers had their card in very quickly after Arnold got picked by the Lie-Downs.

So anyone thinking "Arnold" was their target and Detroit stole him is not accurate.

I am a little surprised the Cowboys traded down when they really need O-Line help....but they did get solid comp from the Loins

I like Morgan's feet and he seems strong on his legs and doesn't get pushed around too much. In camp, I expect Gary to school him on getting his pad level down to better absorb rushers and to not let guys get too far into his grill too early. When you watch the plays, Morgan is a little high in his set and "catches" guys just fine in pass pro, but there were times he waited to get his hands on them until they were too close and body to body and that will be a problem in the pros. I can see a good edge spinning off that and Morgan having to grab on to stop him.

I can see Morgan fighting Rhyan for play time to start if GB keeps Tom at RT to let Morgan get up to speed. If Morgan proves to be a quick learner, then move him to RT and shift Tom to C.

@ByRyanWood:   Matt LaFleur says Jordan Morgan's first chance will be at left tackle. Doesn't mean he'll end there. LaFleur repeats ultimate goal is getting "best five" on the line, but Morgan's first look is on the blindside.

@Brak posted:

I don't think he beats out Walker.

Hope I'm wrong.

you're mostly rong, so that's comforting

Should be quite the battle.
Walker beat out Nijman and Nijman was a vet at the time-  with a 2 yr head start in the offense

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.