Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If they sign someone (a WR) to the 53 they have to move someone. So who?

Also, when they activate Quarless they have to move someone off the 53. Again, who?

That would be two players off the 53 who are there right now. Other than Monty no one seems to have an injury that could warrant IR and who on the 53 can they cut with hopes of re-signing to PS? And regardless of the re-sign to the PS hope, they have to consider the bottom half of the roster as it plays a big part in ST. So moves for a WR and to activate Quarless could have ST impact.

But hey... they have to do something, right?

I was wondering the same. I know these workouts are often times just teams performing due dilligence, but it doesn't seem that we hear about the Packers doing them often without an opening. Especially with a guy like Moore who has no PS eligibility and would have to be added to the 53.

Makes you think they might just be ready to pull the plug on Monty's 2015.

@WesHod: Rookie RB Alonzo Harris, released by the #Packers yesterday, cleared waivers

Okay. There's a PS spot open. 

Unless Harris was Eddie's video game partner and Taco Bell caterer, I'd sign him.

I guess Montee Ball is PS eligible under the adjusted rules, but I'd pass. Love the guy to death but he looked done from his last 2 seasons in DEN.

[EDIT: I posted this before seeing the report about Lacy and Harris busting curfew Weds night, referenced at 

https://packers.timesfour.com/t...8#467990622374253378 .]

Last edited by ilcuqui

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.