Skip to main content

It's becoming a Green Bay soap opera.

What really happened to Cobb and is he going to come back?

When will Rodgers play again? If we lose Sunday will he play again?

Will Tretter shore up the line or sit on the bench?

Will Newhouse remember to get in the way of the Dlineman?

When will CMIII return to "normal"?

What's up with Finley and will he play again?

Will MM stick by Compers or dump him at the end of the year?

Has Wallace left town yet?

I wished they'd suit Rodgers up Sunday, have him warm up constantly when we are on offense, have him come in in spots where it is 2nd and less than 5 with Eddie in the game and 4 WR's in, hand off to Eddie every time and see what the Queens do and go from there. I do not think they could consistently stop Eddie with the Queens wondering what AR is up to or what he could do.

There would definitely be some "WTF's" going on in the Queens coaches box and sidelines.

Now I'm not trying to get AR hurt since I'm just letting him handoff but I think it would help the Oline get the Dline back on their heels a bit.

If the Vikings sell out eventually, start really fokken with them and let Tolzien stay in then and throw. Or if AR really is about good to go, let him "quickly" air it out backshoulder down the sidelines to JJ or Jordy.

We gotta do something because All-Day just might try to be All-Day on Sunday.

JMO.

Here's my fear: AllDay will be running through our line all day, blowing our weak safeties out of his path on the way to the EZ. And even if AP doesn't hit paydirt on an 80-yarder, he'll rip off six or seven yards a play all the way down the field. Then Ponder will throw five-yarders to the TE into our empty middle as a change-up. Meanwhile, we'll be stuck on three-and-outs while they rack up 45 minutes TOP. 

I hope I am pleasantly surprised by Compers stepping up his game and finding a way for the D to hold the Queens to under 10 points.

I'd like to be able to go to work on Monday with a smile for all the Queen fans I work with.  

Originally Posted by ChilliJon:

Stop ****ing fearing the worst!!!!!! Expect the team you dig to win.

What the **** is wrong with you people?!?!?!!?!?!?

****!!!!!!

Umm.....have you seen the last three games?

People are acting like the Vikings are 8-2 and running away with the division

That is a BAD team and even with all the injuries the Packers should win this one.   As for Peterson running wild have you seen him lately?    He's far from 100% with a groin injury.   Personally, I'm surprised he's even playing.

Sheesh. Not worried about our O, am worried about our D. I am thinking when Tolzien gets his chance this week with another week of study/practice, that he's going to be a very different QB. But our D is what it is, and that's worrisome. GB wins, but it's going to be tight.

Originally Posted by Tschmack:

People are acting like the Vikings are 8-2 and running away with the division

That is a BAD team and even with all the injuries the Packers should win this one.   As for Peterson running wild have you seen him lately?    He's far from 100% with a groin injury.   Personally, I'm surprised he's even playing.

pack is VERY BAD team right now as well.

Originally Posted by Pakrz:
Any teams truly get your love and affection?

Well the 49ers already did this year. I suspect Seattle, New Orleans, and Denver would be very problematic for the Packers

Last edited by "We"-Ka-Bong
Originally Posted by Hungry5:

Notice how, without this quote, everyone can still know exactly what you are talking about?  That means you don't need to quote every time you speak on the forum. 

Was San Fran healthy?

Last edited by "We"-Ka-Bong

I like Green Bays chances against any team if everyone is healthy. Not a team playing right now that looks like a world beater. A healthy GB could beat anybody. That's all I'm saying.

certainly they are in any game with any opponent when healthy.  Home field might lean me more one way than another, but under those circumstances they compete. 

I like Gren Bays chances against any team if everyone is healthy. Not a team playing right now that looks like a world beater. A healthy GB could beat anybody. That's all I'm saying.

that is not all you are saying...you have said a lot more

The fact of the matter is that we've been spoiled the last 20 years in that this team has been pretty damn good and has made the playoffs or won the division most of the time during that span.   Other than maybe New England or Pittsburgh what other teams can say that?

The Packers are struggling right now but I think there are legit reasons for that (injuries).   I'd be a lot more worried if I was a fan of other teams like MN and Jacksonville and Oakland in that their teams flat out suck and there's very little hope whether it's now or the future.   If the Packers do miss the playoffs this year they'll come back strong next year. 

In TT we trust

Some of the above is true but there is no excuse for failing to build a defense despite a number of drafts. See NO for an example of this - worst to one of the best in 1 year.

i have doubts regarding matthews future as he is injury prone. Neal is caught out of position as lb, and to an extent so is perry. Daniels May be the best of the bunch and that just stinks given the investment draft-wise. Never mind the secondary. Geez, what did Hayward do to his hamstrings to keep him out essentially a full season? Taking workout cues from matthews? This may be career -threatening given our history.

Not much of what you just wrote is true except they failed to build a strong group of safeties AFTER Nick Collins went down and the slot corner, Woodson aged.  They gave Burnett a Pro-Bowl contract which he isn't living up to.  They held firm thinking MD Jennings and McMillian were satisfactory and they aren't. 

The Packers' defense really needs to play well tomorrow. They need to give the offense a shorter field to work with. I don't think Tolzien has too many long scoring drives in him. Tolzien cannot throw any pick sixes.

The same goes for special teams. They need to give the offense better field position.

It is disappointing the team didn't rally around Tolzien in the last two games. The defense and special teams in particular looked like they gave up.

Green Bay needs a win. For two reasons. So they can keep pace in the division. And to reverse the intellegence level of some of the posting over the past three weeks.

Im undecided which reason I'm pulling for more. It's close.

Noiropus tells us there's no excuse for failing to build a defense through the draft and uses NO as his example. Worst to first in the span of a year. THATS how you draft a defense.

Im going to completely ignore the fact that Noiropus ignored the fact NO lost draft picks over the past two years and selected Kenny Vacaro 15th overall after sucking ass in 2012. Would love a pick in the top 15 but that's the price paid for being competitive each year.

But let's get back to that stellar 2013 Saints draft class that turned everything around that Ted has failed to land. Vacaro and John Jenkins. That's it. Those are the picks. Jenkins has 13 tackles this year and no sacks. He has 5 tackles total over the past 7 weeks. 

And just for s***s and giggles. GB has given up 100 more yards TOTAL than NO this year with half as many takeaways and far more games lost to defensive players due to injury. 

But whatever. Using NO as an example of how to build a wining defense through the draft and 1 year is all that's needed sure looks like a compelling argument.

Last edited by ChilliJon

I have been expecting the NFL to switch the GB vs ATL game, but so far nothing.  If they do so, they have to announce the move two weeks prior.  If they don't, then that indicates to me they fully expect Rodgers to be playing in this game.

Green Bay needs a win. For two reasons. So they can keep pace in the division. And to reverse the intellegence level of some of the posting over the past three weeks.

Im undecided which reason I'm pulling for more. It's close.

Don't worry.  Some of the idiots who are showing up here in anticipation of another loss are on their last days.  We trimmed the fat a bit earlier this week.  That'll continue over the next couple of days.  Smurfs, a-holes, clods, morons and dinks who only show up when things look bad are on their way out.

So now it's TTs fault that Perry and Matthews and Hayward have been hurt?  They have built the D but there's only so much you can absorb.  Even some of their younger promising looking players like Mulumba and Worthy have gotten dinged. 

The griping and bi!ching and moaning gets a little old but considering some of the posters that ramble on about it when times get tough I am not surprised.  

I would say that 90% of teams in the league would replace their front office with what the Packers have.  The only ones that probably wouldn't are the Seattle's and Kansas City's but those guys have the Wolf or TT background and history and connection anyway.
Originally Posted by GBP1:

I have been expecting the NFL to switch the GB vs ATL game, but so far nothing.  If they do so, they have to announce the move two weeks prior.  If they don't, then that indicates to me they fully expect Rodgers to be playing in this game.

The switch is coming. Can't imagine NBC sticking with that game.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.