Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Rusty:

I've been trying to think how 4 woud have responded under these circumstances.

And I can't. Seriousl,y 12 is the man. I love that sweet sweet boy. GO PACK GO!!!!!

How would 4 have responded?  Jesus ****... Has it been that long?  Favre would have played as well.  If he was anything, he was one tough SOB.  

Originally Posted by Pakrz:
How would 4 have responded?  Jesus ****... Has it been that long?  Favre would have played as well.  If he was anything, he was one tough SOB.  

1995-2000 Favre for sure. People have forgotten what a resourceful player he was in the first half of his career.

Having said that, Rodgers is the best I've ever seen. Unitas/Starr level leadership and smarts, Montana's elusiveness and cool, coupled with the greatest ability to throw a football ever.

Originally Posted by Pakrz:
Originally Posted by Rusty:

I've been trying to think how 4 woud have responded under these circumstances.

And I can't. Seriousl,y 12 is the man. I love that sweet sweet boy. GO PACK GO!!!!!

Gotta agree. Hell, Favre may have never left the field.

That's no slight against Rodgers. He's the best I've ever seen. But, come on, Favre is the toughest guy to ever play the position.

Originally Posted by PackLandVA:

And I agree with Pakrz and fond du. Favre was as tough is they come. 

I prefer to enjoy #12 now and not compare everything he does to #4. 

Two different players, great in their own right.  One just happened to be a epic dbag.

perfectly stated. 

No comparisons from 12 to 4

#4 as tough as they come. Nobody is touching that consecutive game starting streak.

#12. Nobody is touching his accuracy. 

We are 100% blessed with great QB play as Packer fans.

139.6 QB rating today. Against the best defense in the NFL. Playing on one leg. With an asshole Lions player intentionally trying to hurt him.

No offense to JJ Watt, but tell me how he didn't just earn his 2nd MVP.

Originally Posted by packerboi:

No offense to JJ Watt, but tell me how he didn't just earn his 2nd MVP.

Can't do it. If 12 isn't the MVP, something's wrong with the process.

Pretty hard to be MVP if your team didn't make it to the tournament, IMO

Watt is awesome...he's great to watch, but the campaign for him for MVP is dumb

Put Rodgers on Texans and remove Watt and the Texans probably still make playoffs and win their division

Put Watt on GB and remove Rodgers? Maybe finish .500 at best

Every GM would trade a Watt for a Rodgers, and there's a reason for that.

The Romo campaign is probably the worst though. Hard to be MVP when you aren't even the MVP of your own team(Murray)

Rodgers should win this award quite easily IMO. I think he will to. Watt will probably finish 2nd and get a few votes

Romo shouldn't even be in the conversation. His own team realized that the key to success was lessening his workload and riding their run game. When they relied on Romo all they got were 8-8 seasons over and over. This year they changed it up and ran Murray as often as possible. Pretty sure Murray had more carries than Romo had pass attempts on the season. That's all you need to know really

Murray should be getting the MVP consideration(though still shouldn't win) rather than Romo

There's a reason we have only seen two defensive players awarded the NFL MVP award. That defensive player better do something unprecedented...the NFL hadn't really seen a LB like LT and he was a game changer. Watt has been dominant this year, easily the best defensive player in the NFL, but he's not been a game changer. We've seen dominant players of his caliber in the NFL many times before. Rodgers is doing things that the NFL hasn't ever seen before...we've seen QBs throw ball a lot, or have a high completion %, or for a lot of TDs or a low number of INTs, or throw for a lot yards, but have we ever seen a QB who has literally done all of those things at the same time? Not to my knowledge. Clear cut NFL MVP.

True, but I think that kind of stat goes more toward his HOF legacy rather than the 2014 season. He's having an amazing season, but we have seen several 20+ sack seasons from players recently. Heck Jared Allen just had a 20+ sack season a couple years ago. Not trying to take anything away from Watt, but in the context of the 2014 NFL MVP award, Rodgers is doing something that no one else has ever done. Not sure Watt can necessarily say that.

Originally Posted by Iowacheese:
Originally Posted by Tavis Sally:
My emotion got the best of me again.... Me getting emotional had NOTHING with me being a man.    Stupid comment.

You see, that's the thing I like about IC. He sees a joke from different angles, and parlays it into video.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.