Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Hungry5:

ABWH+Squire is the classic line-up and musically the best.

If I'm not mistaken they only recorded 2 studio albums with that lineup, sad

Yes, just Fragile and Close To The Edge.

Sadly, the line-up/group of ABWH (w/bassist Tony Levin of King Crimson) only did one record together, and then were somewhat forced into the UNION debacle.

Last edited by H5

Oh please enlighten us with your position battle thoughts, seriously don't let us morons keep you from wowing the board with your post draft analysis.

I still have an erection from your earlier post about Stevie Wonder and it's been longer than 4 days, should I be concerned?

Last edited by ChilliJon

I'm very excited. We will be arriving in GB Friday evening so that we can catch the first practice Saturday morning at 8:20 AM. Interacting with these guys, albeit on a very very limited basis, is still really fun. The past three years we have gotten to talk to Randall Cobb at TC, because he's from this area (outside of Knoxville in Alcoa), and he will take a pic with us and sign autographs.  He's a really nice guy. 

Hmmm...didn't know this...

The Green Bay Packers training camp will be at St. Norbert College in De Pere for the 57th consecutive summer, the longest stay at one location for any NFL team. Forrest Gregg, the coach from 1984-'87, at the time attempted to convince management of the benefits of training at a more remote locale. One thing he didn't like was the sound of traffic alongside the practice field. The Packers investigated such sites as Whitewater, River Falls, La Crosse, Madison and Marquette, Mich., but were dissuaded by vigorous protest from fans, club hierarchy and tourism officials. Previously, the Packers trained at Rockwood Lodge just north of Green Bay from 1947-'49, in Grand Rapids, Minn., from 1950-'53 and in Stevens Point from 1954-'57.

Players again will be housed on the St. Norbert campus at Victor McCormick Hall, which is outfitted with 100 custom beds. Players will eat breakfast, lunch and usually dinner in the team dining room at Lambeau Field before having a night snack on campus. They will move in Thursday and check out of the dormitory Aug. 14. Marginal players then will take lodging in a hotel near Lambeau Field for about two weeks until their fate is determined. The St. Norbert campus is about 6 miles south of Lambeau Field and the team's administrative-training complex. All practices are conducted at the team facility just as they are during the regular season.

The Green Bay Packers training camp will be at St. Norbert College in De Pere... 

Players again will be housed on the St. Norbert campus at Victor McCormick Hall....

Players will eat breakfast, lunch and usually dinner in the team dining room at Lambeau Field before having a night snack on campus.

All practices are conducted at the team facility just as they are during the regular season.

I've always thought it was odd how they always say The Green Bay Packers training camp will be at St. Norbert College, when the truth is the players just sleep there and the actual training camp takes place at LF and the surrounding facilities. Who the **** cares where they sleep. If you show up at St. Norbert to see TC, you won't see much.

Last edited by FreeSafety

Agree with H5. It was one of the things that annoyed TOG. He apparently almost convinced Shermy to let him stay at his house. But Sherman felt other veteran would bitch about it.

So how did he appease him? By allowing him and his sore ankle skip out on 2-a-days and large chunks of camp. Shortly after that, his private locker followed.

Seems like the Center job is Tretter's to lose at this point. The DL is going to be who are the 5th, 6th, and maybe 7th on the roster. Similarly with the OL, who is the depth?

To me, the positions open for competition.

Safety
Who emerges as the starters/top contributors from Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Hyde, Richardson, Banjo?

ILB

Who emerges as the starters/top contributors from Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Barrington?

TE

What will be the pecking order from Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers, Lyerla, Stoneburner?

WR

Who is the #3 from Adams or Boykin?

Good call on those battles H5.

It's Tretter's spot to lose, but I anticipate Linsley will give him a run for his money. He seems like he has that scrapper mentality they like. Ultimately I think Tretter will hold his spot because 1) he's better and 2) Linsley is a rookie and Center is a tough position to nail down for a rookie. 

The ILB competition will come down to Jones vs. Lattimore. I think Lattimore is going to win out. 

Safety is definitely going to be an interesting spot. Despite his pedigree HaHa is really going to have to impress to get the starting job opening day...or the other guys will have to be very poor. I anticipate Hyde starting at Safety opposite Burnett with HaHa getting sprinkled in in some sub-packages. 

Quarless owns the TE gig unless someone else sets themselves apart. There's been some talk of Rogers looking really good in mini-camp (as much as u can in mini-camp) so I think he will definitely figure in a lot IF his blocking gets better. This will be a make/break time for Bostick, he either shows that he's taken the next step or he risks getting passed by younger guys with just as much promise. He can't be making the same mistakes and he needs his blocking to be better, hopefully that happens. It's only his 2nd year so he will get some leeway, but like I said they have some promising young guys that he will need to really beat out. Lyerla will have to show he can be a factor as a receiver and keep his head on straight and he will stick a while...he's on a short leash though! 

Boykin has the #3 spot, he earned it last year. Adams will have to be very exceptional and Boykin will have to have taken a step back to lose that spot. They like to reward performers regardless of draft slot. 

After last seasons cluster I don't see how they won't carry 3 QBs. Unless Tolzien beats out Flynn for the #2 and they feel Rettig can be an emergency 3 off the PS.

Bak is smart enough to know he needs to improve over a pretty impressive rookie season. Hes going to camp a little stronger than last year. I think he's going go impress and be the starter. I love Sherrod being right in his rear view mirror though.

Good calls on the battle positions.

IF Hyde makes the start at safety opposite Burnett, I'd expect the TT haters to come out of the woodwork whining that yet another 1st round player isn't on the field. But of course it's always about the best 11 on the field. If that's Hyde, so be it.

Nick Perry will be another one to watch. MM seemed rather annoyed (also confirmed by Vic @ Packers.com) with Perry in OTA's. Not sure if that is purely at his chronic injuries or something else is going on where he's not rehabbing like he should.

But he's going to have to step it up. UDFA Adrian Hubbard would be a prime candidate to knock Perry further down or perhaps even out of the depth chart.

Wonder how much interest GB actually has. Signing him would be odd...

During an interview with WQOW in Eau Claire on Friday, free agent safety Jim Leonhard said he's been in talks with the Green Bay Packers but has had no official contract offer and no deal would appear imminent at this point.

"It would mean a lot, but we've had a lot of conversations with teams, Green Bay being one of them," said Leonhard. "They're a great organization, I'd love to play for them but it hasn't worked out up to now. You never know what can happen in the future, but we'll see. They're a great organization and it's always fun to see the fans and have a lot of family that follows them closely."

Leonhard was at Flambeau High School in his native Tony, Wis. on Friday for his annual namesake Skills Camp.

Last season Leonhard played for the Buffalo Bills, but after the expiration of his contract, he's free to sign with any team. In 2013 Leonhard had a career-high four interceptions and tied a career high with six passes defensed. He also had 41 tackles.

Entering what would be his 10th NFL season in 2014, Leonhard is also an experienced punt returner, averaging 9.3 yards per attempt on over 100 career punt returns.

Originally Posted by Satori:

Competition in camp, gotta love it

Bak vs Sherrod, the scrapper vs the specimen

How cool would that be?

Like a bonus #1 pick.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.