Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Boris:

From the article: At 6-foot-7 and 287 pounds, he strikes an impressive figure on the field. He just has not made a ton of plays yet. The knock on Peppers last season in Chicago was that he took plays off. It's too early to say he's doing the same thing in Green Bay, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

I hope he takes plays off.  I just want him to do it when he's on the sidelines, not the field.  He shouldn't have to be an every down defensive player.  If he has to be, the Packers D is in trouble.

Originally Posted by Pakrz:
Originally Posted by Goalline:
Originally Posted by Pakrz:

Gb's tight ends as a group are average to below average.  They are in direct competition with the MLB's for ****tiest position group on the roster. 

Maybe Dick can change that for us. 

Dude, you ripped on the Dick Rodgers pick and now he is blowing it up in camp. I think you should join me in showing patience in this group. Unproven doesn't mean ****ty.

I'll believe it when it see it on Sundays. 

I believe that is the correct approach. A lot of unknown **** with this group.

People keep ripping Peppers for loafing in Chicago last season, but he still totaled 7.5 sacks. That would have been tied for 1st on the Packers last year...first being Clay Matthews who was absent for much of the season. That sucks. A lazy Julius Peppers is still capable of producing more sacks than anyone other than Clay Matthews so even if he does loaf through this season we have still upgraded. Imagine if he's not loafing and plays motivated!

Yeah not worried about Peppers.  He has nothing to prove right now and his #1 goal is being 100% healthy for week 1 in Seattle.  The fact that this is even a discussion just shows how over covered the NFL is and how desperate the media is for another angle to write about.  

The Bears played Peppers too much last year so he wore down.  He's old and he can't play 82% of the snaps and be fine.  They had to though b/c the Bears' DL depth was atrocious.  If Capers/MM are smart, they'll put him on a pitch count during the first 10-12 games, keeping him fresh for the playoff run.  Daniels, CMII and Peppers rushing on third down is better than anything the Packers have had since the late 90's.  Pretty excited to see it in action.  

I couldn't agree more. We won't know until the real games start , but I'm very afraid he is just a guy on Sunday's. Not giving up though, too early to really dog on him yet.

Last edited by "We"-Ka-Bong

I think Starks is the better back; however, I think Harris is the better complement to Lacy.  Lacy wears them down, then insert the speed and shiftyness of Harris instead of another battering ram in Starks.

Starks continues to make me nervous in the passing game. One blown assignment on his part could be catastrophic. Most impressive part of Harris' game against the Raiders to me was his work in pass protection.

Originally Posted by Herschel:

Starks reminds me a lot of Chris Brown, he's a good runner when healthy, but not a lot of outside burst and runs pretty upright so he takes a lot of hits on his body.

So, you saying Starks hits more like Rihanna?

Originally Posted by Satori:

I take some hints about his future... from the fact that the Packers didn't draft an OT

We'll see what happens in TC, but a Flanagan-like resurgence would be fantastic

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.