Skip to main content

Originally Posted by The Nerve:
Had a feeling they might go with Crockett. Lots of potential there.

Might just go with 2 RB, 2 FB, though. I agree that I like Crockett's upside more than Neal, but the 3rd RB last season(DuJuan Harris) barely ever saw any touches. GB may just be looking to fit another guy on the roster who will provide more to the team, likely on ST's

Wouldn't be opposed to keeping Crockett, however. Same with Abby, who is IMO better than White and would provide more production than White would. White would never see the field but Abby would probably be the PR

I can understand the interest in Abby's potential and he's a great story, but the guy has only been through about 1 week of training camp in 2 years.  I'd rather see him on the PS than taking a roster spot at this point.  Or is the feeling that he would get snatched off the PS by another team?  If White doesn't perform in the regular season, by all means cut him and add Abby

Originally Posted by The Nerve:

Or is the feeling that he would get snatched off the PS by another team?

I'm of the opinion that TT won't make that move unless he's comfortable with the possibility of losing Abby and I don't see it.

I have just been informed that C/G Garth Gerhart has been released. I think the Packers are going with either 8 or 9. If it's eight, it's between Walker and Taylor.
by Tom Silverstein 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hungry5:

True that the 3rd RB rarely sees touches from the backfield, and this move could be a good sign for Abby fans with him making the team as a returner.

They could also just as easily have Montgomery as the "#3 RB" since, like Cobb, he can line up in the backfield for a few handoffs. I mean, Lacy/Starks are going to handle well over 90% of the carries and obviously Kuhn will get his token handful so that leaves next to nothing for anybody else

Linsley and a 6th rounder. Straight up.

Last edited by Rusty
<script charset="utf-8" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
I knew Crockett would make it, I'm surprised Neal got axed before Harris. I'm sure they will look at him for the PS. I wonder if it came down to Pinkard as #6 WR vs Neal as #4 RB. Interesting move though, I guess Neal just didn't show enough as a downhill runner. Being a good receiver just isn't enough, you have to do a lot of things well.

Hmmm. Means a return this year is possible. Thought he'd get stashed on IR.

@WesHod: The #Packers are waiving WR Larry Pinkard injured. Suffered same AC joint sprain as Cobb in Thursday's finale. Could return later this year.

@WesHod: Tough timing for Pinkard, who had 77-yard TD against NO. #Packers reached settlements with Neal/Thomas last year and brought back midseason

Last edited by ilcuqui
Originally Posted by cuqui:
Originally Posted by Goldie:

So what is the count now of players gone??  thanks.

At the time you asked it was eight. But there have been cuts since then. Hope this helps.

It did, and thanks....... 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.