Skip to main content

Originally Posted by GreenBayLA:

Abby to PS. Best option for him now. Hasn't earned a roster spot, yet.

Potential? Yes.

Dependable and assignment sure? No.

Dependable... no. Why not assignment sure?

Originally Posted by Goldie:

Well there goes my dream.....Abby gone, keeping hope he'll make the practice squad. 

Goldie Dreams, Ranked:

1. Jered Abbrederis making the Packers

2. JJ Watt snuggling with Goldie.

3. Melvin Gordon being cut by SD and picked up by GB

4. Jered Abbrederis making the Practice Squad

5. Jered Abbrederis signing an autograph for Goldie

6. Being hit by a car

7. Winning a Super Bowl

Originally Posted by CAPackFan95:

Well there goes my dream.....Abby gone, keeping hope he'll make the practice squad. 

Goldie Dreams, Ranked:

6. Being hit by a car

7. Winning a Super Bowl

Hit by a car??  Really?? 

The Packers have released RB John Crockett and LB Jermauria Rasco.
by Tom Silverstein 6:31 PM

That's it, those are the final two.
by Tom Silverstein 6:32 PM

WR Larry Pinkard and LB Jermauria Rasco were waived / injured.
by Tom Silverstein 6:32 PM
Last edited by ilcuqui
Originally Posted by CAPackFan95:

Goldie Dreams, Ranked:

6. Being hit by a car

7. Winning a Super Bowl

Thats awful.

Originally Posted by bubbleboy789:

2014 Draft not one of TT's finest.

Right, Richard Rodgers, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Corey Linsley and Davante Adams.  
Three starters in their first year, and now all four starting in their second year.  We can only hope the future drafts are just as bad.

Originally Posted by slowmo:

2014 Draft not one of TT's finest.

Right, Richard Rodgers, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Corey Linsley and Davante Adams.  
Three starters in their first year, and now all four starting in their second year.  We can only hope the future drafts are just as bad.

For ****'s sake. yes, aside from those three mid-round picks that never played a down and were cut 1 year later, a very good draft.

TT's the best in the business. Just not sure those were his best picks.

Last edited by bubbleboy789

2014 draft included the starting Safety and Center in last season's NFC Championship game as well as a TE and WR who both played quite a bit.

The 2014 draft is already a success even if Clinton-Dix, Adams, Rogers, and Linsley all suffer career ending injuries in 2015.

2014 was one of TT's best drafts and I for one am glad he is not wasting any more time on 2 guys who never flashed but is instead willing to bite the bullet even though they were 3rd and 4th round picks just a year ago.

I'm sorry. What I probably should've said is that those weren't TT's finest picks. But never mind. Pandora doesn't go back in the box, he only comes out. Let the ****storm rain down.

Last edited by bubbleboy789

I'm sorry. What I probably should've said is that those weren't TT's finest picks. But never mind. Pandora doesn't go back in the box, he only comes out. Let the ****storm rain down.

You were rong and you know it. 

I am for the most part quite comfortable with the cuts.   Clearly, Uncle ||Ted listened to me, despite the restraining order.  ;-)

Just slightly  disappointed Crockett got cut.  I really hope he makes it to the PS.  I'm tired of using a roster spot on Mr. Unreliable, Perry, but remember, there will still be 2 cuts coming up when Guion and Datone come back.

also a little surprised Perillo was cut, but hope he's on the PS.   He looked better than Backman to me.

I hope within 24-48 hours we learn that James Jones is a Packer again!  Make it happen, Cap'n!!!

I think we also have to take into consideration the strength of the roster with those picks not making it.  On a lesser team those picks may well be given another year to develop.  

Pennel essentially wipes out the Thornton miss in my mind.  Different style of player, but he's going to be good for a lot of snaps this year.  TT still managed to get a starting caliber DL out of the class and that's a win.  

Originally Posted by RoyalWulff:

also a little surprised Perillo was cut, but hope he's on the PS.   He looked better than Backman to me.

I think with a lot of these guys if they don't see enough of a jump between years one and two they feel they may as well move on to the younger guy if it's close and give him an opportunity.   I get the sense Perillo showed about the same as he did last year. 

Let us also not forget in 2014...For Ted so loved the Packer World on the 7th pick, he made Janis...so that preseason was more bearable with his TD awesomeness down the seam...more commonly referred to as a knack for "Honky Flash".

Backman over Perillo was all about upside. Only real surprise was Harris over Neal. Thought the versatility Neal brought to the table made him a virtual lock. If you only go with five wideouts it's hard to justify keeping Abby. Hope he and Ringo are signed to the PS today.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.