Skip to main content

When my daughter was playing basketball back in the day, she tore an ACL and went down doing (whatever  their team's nickname was for side-to-side speed laps).  She's a tough athlete and tried to gut it out and "be like Brett Favre tough" (that was the era) and get up and keep going.  She went down again two steps later.

This doc is usually pretty spot on with his quick-look analyses.

Last edited by ilcuqui

"Once the surgery is over, there is a period of progressive rehabilitation exercises that start with simple bodyweight movements, progressing to things like a stationary bike and stair machines, then on to more advanced weightlifting. The length of time to recover depends on fitness prior to injury, genetics, age and determination to follow the program and persevere, but it usually takes athletes a full 12 to 18 months, Heard said."

Not everyone is Adrian Peterson. If we're looking for solace in Jeff Janis we may have to keep looking. Normally you'd be talking about cutting a player after a performance like today.

Originally Posted by Va. Packer:

"Once the surgery is over, there is a period of progressive rehabilitation exercises that start with simple bodyweight movements, progressing to things like a stationary bike and stair machines, then on to more advanced weightlifting. The length of time to recover depends on fitness prior to injury, genetics, age and determination to follow the program and persevere, but it usually takes athletes a full 12 to 18 months, Heard said."

Not everyone is Adrian Peterson. If we're looking for solace in Jeff Janis we may have to keep looking. Normally you'd be talking about cutting a player after a performance like today.

He'll be back next year.  Not really a question.

Originally Posted by slowmo:

Packers TE Jermichael Finley just Tweeted: 'With Nelson out, let's see how good Aaron Rodgers really is."  Per JSO.

Hmmmmm.

Finley is Jennings' sister?

Last edited by vitaflo
Originally Posted by slowmo:

Packers TE Jermichael Finley just Tweeted: 'With Nelson out, let's see how good Aaron Rodgers really is."  Per JSO.

Hmmmmm.

Link?  Would JSO list him as a Packers TE?

Finley is that ****ing stupid but that seems sloppy.

Last edited by Henry

Just home from errands--had taped game to watch later but my phone blew up with texts so I figured something bad happened.

Oy.

Hopefully position of depth and Pack can season-plan knowing what they know with a bit of notice. C'mon Janis. Dammit.

Re: Walking on torn acl----as a others have mentioned I tore an acl, showered, walked home and didn't realize 'til next day it was bad----Goddam freaky play  for Jordy, looked innocuous.

Last edited by Blair Kiel

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.