Skip to main content

bubbleboy789 posted

a Super Bowl XLV Champions tank top

I'm curious about this one post (that you have repeated 10 times).   Are you mad they were competitive, or did you really want a couple high draft picks the last couple years?  

CAPackfan posted:

The Jake Ryan experiment at ILB was depressing to watch. His lack of athleticism was on full display in space. Maybe next season they'll get a LBer with some athleticism.

But TT is the best GM.. just ask around here.  If we needed better talent, he would have gotten it already.

San Doggy posted:

We are at least capable of winning one game , but that is as much as I will expect of this team this season.

Yeah; I think they can beat the Vikings two weeks in a row at Lambeau.

Fedya posted:
QuietOne posted:

My commute tomorrow is going to be a b!tch.  (Switched to the weather channel.) 

Whatever you get tomorrow, I'm getting Tuesday.    And I have to be into work by 6:00 AM.

It MIGHT be okay when I leave for my 45" drive at 5:30 a.m., but it sounds awful for the commute home. I'm just as worried about everyone else on the road with me. I have a car. I worry about the ones who think they can drive 70 mph on ice with their SUVs. At least I didn't name my car "Brad."

Take care, Fedya, and anyone else in the path of our area's first major winter storm (and points east).

Red Dawn posted:

Tough loss guys. I hope we see you guys DEEP in the playoffs.

Thanks, but ain't happening. We'll be sitting in front of our TV sets.

You're my favorite other team visitor.

Last edited by QuietOne

At least I only have a 10-minute drive (in normal weather).  Of course, the Palais de Fedya is on top of a hill with a 1000-foot driveway, so if we get ice, the trip down the driveway is going to be fun.

We had an ice storm the day of the Conference Championship Game last January.  Getting the driveway sanded the next day was a hell of a lot of fun.

El-Ka-Smartypants posted:
bubbleboy789 posted

a Super Bowl XLV Champions tank top

I'm curious about this one post (that you have repeated 10 times).   Are you mad they were competitive, or did you really want a couple high draft picks the last couple years?  

it's more of a general, frustrated, perhaps irrational, response to the idea that we aren't allowed to be disappointed in this team because they won a Super Bowl six years ago and have been consistently good, but not good enough. We're better than the Vikings and Bears and Eagles and Cowboys, and we win more than the Jaguars and Browns....therefore I should never be disappointed.

I just think this team, with the QB they have and a head coach like MM and a GM like TT, should compete for a SB every year. Maybe my expectations are too high. But we should not being getting blown out like they have been this year. I'm not going to sit around and pretend that just because we aren't the Jaguars it means I'm not disappointed.

I apologize for getting carried away at times. I don't want to trade Rodgers, I don't want to fire MM or think TT is a dumbass. I just don't buy this perpetual optimism and being sufficed by the results of this, or previous, season/s.

Last edited by bubbleboy789
Fedya posted:
QuietOne posted:

My commute tomorrow is going to be a b!tch.  (Switched to the weather channel.) 

Whatever you get tomorrow, I'm getting Tuesday.    And I have to be into work by 6:00 AM.

My anniversary is Tuesday, I know what I'm getting

CAPackFan95 posted:
Pikes Peak posted:

My anniversary is Tuesday, I know what I'm getting

What year?  Because anything more than 5, and yeah, it's not "Steak and Blow Jobs" anymore...

47 and anything is great at this point

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.