Skip to main content

ChilliJon posted:

So when you said "our coaching staff who went against common knowledge to avoid playing one of our THREE talented reserves to start the season" you weren't actually referring to our coaching staff? Just some of them? Just one of them?

I said they went against common knowledge to avoid playing our reserves.    I did NOT say Whitt can't develop or spot talent.  I did NOT say he has been a disappointment.    So your argument, below, clearly isn't with me or you are going full on straw man. 

"Yep, Joe Whitt has been a colossal disappointment. Guy hasn't developed one damned player and can't even spot talent when it's right in front of him."

I am objecting to the staffs known reluctance to play rookies and suggesting that this philosophy hurt the team to start the 15 season.  Above is your reply to that assertion. 

Last edited by BrainDed

ESPN needs to do more things like the 30 for 30 documentaries (may be harder to do now that Simmons is out as he was the driving force behind that).

That and they could do some more shows like breaking down football game film for interested fans, etc. Leave the screaming and "hot takes"  type stuff (Bayless, Smith, Wilbon, Kornheiser) for CNN, MSBNC, and FoxNews.

cuqui posted:

Well that's one helluva note.

@eric_d_williams: As first reported by @sdutGehlken can confirm Melvin Gordon had microfracture knee surgery in Jan. Expects full recovery:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_...racture-surgery-knee

From the linked article:   The Chargers expect Gordon to make a full recovery, which is one of the reasons they did not select a running back in this year's draft or sign one in free agency.

I could have sworn the Chargers drafted Derrick Watt.  Maybe they don't consider a fullback a running back anymore. 

Damn, sucks for Gordon.  Behind pass rusher, RBs need explosion the most on a field and microfracture surgery robs explosion.  Unrelated to the injury, I always thought Gordon was a 2nd round pick (comparable to Henry).  Gordon was damn good in college but you need to be special to be a first round RB - especially top half of first round.  Gurley is special; Richardson was supposed to be (still have no idea what happened to him between college and the NFL); AP is special.  IMO, Gordon never was going to be and IMO, Ezekiel Elliott isn't.  His numbers might say he is this year but I bet 15-20 RBs in the NFL right now could rush for 1,600 behind Dallas' OL.  

Anyways, hope Gordon makes a comeback and has a better NFL career than the last Wisconsin RB.......

Yes, I'm going to ask it.....Would you like Dwight Freeney on the Green Bay Packers? He's 36... - Radio Joe

Dwight Freeney, begging for work, admits he’ll go β€œanywhere”

GLENDALE, AZ - DECEMBER 27: Linebacker Dwight Freeney #54 of the Arizona Cardinals walks off the field following the NFL game against the Green Bay Packers at the University of Phoenix Stadium on December 27, 2015 in Glendale, Arizona. The Cardinals defeatred the Packers 38-30. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images) Getty Images

Most people looking for work have to spend days sending out resumes and searching the want ads.

Longtime NFL pass-rusher Dwight Freeney was able to use ESPN for some free advertising, however.

Via Darren Urban of the Cardinals’ team website, Freeney said he’d love to return to Arizona, but made it clear he wanted to sign for anyone.

β€œBut if it doesn’t work out here, it could be anywhere,” Freeney said. β€œIt just depends. It has to be a winning team. I’m used to winning.”

The 36-year-old Freeney showed he still has some gas left in the tank, with 8.0 sacks in 11 games for the Cardinals last year. He said there was β€œsome interest” from other teams, but the fact he was dragging his bait around on national television indicates that interest has yet to manifest itself into a firm offer.

The interesting part might have been his admission that he wanted to go to training camp with a team, rather than just parachute in late like he did last season.

β€œI know my body loved [signing late], but the anxiety mentally wasn’t good,” Freeney said. β€œSo hopefully I can get signed before then.”

That makes it sound almost desperate, but Freeney’s been around the league long enough to know he doesn’t have long left, so the idea he wants to savor his final moments in the league.

Greg Hardy is exposing himself to a battery of psychological, anger, and emotional tests in an effort to show teams he's serious about becoming a better person. 

One day when the phone hasn't rung (whenever that day is) he's going to beat the ever loving bejesus out of the closest living thing for taking all those tests. That day could be next week, next month, 15 minutes from now. He's like a living version of musical psychopath. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
Fandame posted:

Agreed. A one-year-rent-a-player just isn't TT's way. 

In the past that has been true.  However, this year is looking very different to me. TT signs a free agent TE, cuts Quarless, Mike Neal, probably Boyd and Kuhn.  Sends unPhat Eddie to the Phat Pharm with stern warnings that he is eating himself out of the league.   Looks like the "We need to win NOW before ARod gets older and/or injured" crowd has got him!   As Ed Grimley might say, "I must say I'm very excited, I must say."

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.