Skip to main content

MichiganPacker2 posted:
Herschel posted:
CAPackFan95 posted:
Herschel posted:

LOL

Who on this defense is a consistent force?

Matthews on the rare occasion he's healthy?

Burnett is solid, Shields and Williams were solid, everyone else is inconsistent or just a guy. Heyward was solid in the slot, and he's the only defender who ever left the team that did jack for anyone else.

Mike Daniels for what his role is. 

CM3 has to become like Peppers was in 2014. A guy who is not a full time player but a difference maker in spurts. 

Peppers is likely done. Shields is done. 

I like Daniels, but he's a bit undersized and gets blown out more than you'd like though he does make plays also. He's more consistent than Clinton-Dix, but both make too many bone-headed or bad plays to count as consistent game changers. .

**** this STUPID love for Casey Heyward.

The guy was a stiff, couldn't play outside and consistently got beat in the slot.

NOBODY wanted him back.  It's the most asinine argument about TT mistakes I have ever seen.  The guy sucked.  Slow and no awareness after he got hurt. 

Non of you nostradumbasses knew he was going to come back and have a decent year in the AFC.

Get a clue, all of you begging for him to come back were the same ones that wanted him gone.  Idots.

Last edited by Cavetoad
Cavetoad posted:

The guy was a stiff, couldn't play outside and consistently got beat in the slot.

NOBODY wanted him back.  It's the most asinine argument about TT mistakes I have ever seen.  The guy sucked.  Slow and no awareness after he got hurt. 

Non of you nostradumbasses knew he was going to come back and have a decent year in the AFC.

Get a clue, all of you begging for him to come back were the same ones that wanted him gone.  Idots.

45 points.  12 mins left..  Keep defending until the bitter end my man.  

Grave Digger posted:

This is the game where we missed Nick Collins, Tramon Williams, Charles Woodson, Casey Hayward, etc. Gotta have vets who understand wtf to do on defense.

And here's where TT's philosophy may falter.  I was just thinking of this.  CB is so important and so he drafts Randall and Rollins.  So that is a bit of dice rolling.

Does one maybe prefer to sign a CB who is a known commodity?

Last edited by phaedrus
Cavetoad posted:

I won't fault him for letting Heyward go. I will fault him for drafting Rollins and Randall and relying on Sam Shields to stay healthy. He deserves criticism for poor management of several position groups this year (RB and CB in particular).

Well Hayward was a veteran player who excelled in the Slot, that would be useful. Oh and he had an All Pro season in San Diego.

The worst thing about letting Hayward walk wasn't that Hayward is so amazing, it's that they had/have NOTHING to replace him. Counting on 3 second year players was a mistake, doesn't matter if it was Hayward or not.

Last edited by Grave Digger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.