Skip to main content

IL_Pack_Fan posted:

Ted loves his picks, so for grins let's say all ten make the team. Throw in 5 FA additions, and he's overturned 1/3 of the roster that made the NFCC run.

Swapping Lang for Evans is probably a drop, but hopefully a manageable one. TE has clearly been upgraded. WR and RB will be no worse than the groups we saw, and it's reasonable to expect both to be stronger with development and new bodies.

Obviously a lot of questions with the additions on D, but there's really nowhere to go but up. Even if they're still as confused as they were in ATL, they'll at least be running to the wrong spot a heck of a lot faster.

The league loves selling hope to 32 fanbases this time of year, and I'm going to allow myself to eat it up.

I don't think you could try to be worse at CB than Green Bay was by the time they played the NFC Championship game. There is no way they won't be at least somewhat better. 

The biggest holes left on the roster are at ILB and OG. If Evans is at least average and not Jeff Saturday reincarnated it's likely the OG downgrade won't hurt them that much. The bigger problem might be ILB where Ryan, Martinez, and Joe Thomas return. Maybe they are going to play Burnett essentially as a LB more and go with a 3-3-5 type of lineup? 

Henry posted:

I can't ****ing stand it.  This league is slow leeching the joy right out of this sport.  

NFL says....."You all can just STFU & eat this $#!T sandwich" because with 250,000 people coming to the draft, I'll be 100% floored if it isn't here again next year. Unless Jerry wants to open the pocketbook & pay more to have it at Jerry world.

I've never seen anything like it. On day 1 there was about 100,000 people here. I was worried we wouldn't get out of the draft until 2AM, until I saw 90,000 streaming for the exits after the Eagles 1st round pick.

excalibur posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Day after the draft. The Bills fire damn near everyone. GM and the entire pro and college personnel/ scouting departments. 

Link

So those guys stink, and that is why we let them make our draft choices, then we fire them. Dysfunctional. But hey! We're on top of things now.

Supposedly McDermott called the shots for this draft.  Or that's the rumor.

Orlando Wolf posted:

NFL network coverage falling apart

I went to Wisconsin to watch the draft with one of my cousins.  Anyway, I thought the draft coverage STUNK!!!  We watched the channel where Maylock was commenting.  They show the stupid monkey and joke about it from Indy while the Packers traded down - which I saw on the draft tracker but was NEVER reported on the show.  So the Packers moved down a couple picks. After the next two teams picked after GB, it's like the woke up and said who the Packers drafted as almost a side note - but nothing more.  When I went to this link (click on the video button for each pick) all those people who announced picks were never shown after the Packers 3rd pick.  Drivers 2nd pick he announced was never shown.  There were some Packer picks I don't think were announced by anyone at all.  What a sham!  As if that wasn't bad enough, the Eagles fight song was shown incessantly - and a few people did some editorializing like never before - one guy went off on a tirade - by the fourth round I was considering turning it off.  So much for my rant.  

It was either Maylock or Kiper - and I can't stand Kiper.  

I've developed a fascination in SPARQ ratings in recent years - a metric that evaluates all of a player's testing numbers against his height/weight to put grade on overall athleticism. 

I dug into this year's draft class and was going to make a nice, nerdy post, but this guy did it for me. If it felt like Ted was taking more athletes this year, the numbers definitely back it up. As you'll read, King may be the greatest athlete at the position in the entire league.

IL_Pack_Fan posted:

I've developed a fascination in SPARQ ratings in recent years - a metric that evaluates all of a player's testing numbers against his height/weight to put grade on overall athleticism. 

I dug into this year's draft class and was going to make a nice, nerdy post, but this guy did it for me. If it felt like Ted was taking more athletes this year, the numbers definitely back it up. As you'll read, King may be the greatest athlete at the position in the entire league.

Good stuff.  I love the conclusion: "Now that the 2017 Draft is complete, it’s clear the Packers’ roster should be one of the most explosive ones they have had in recent memory."

I'm excited about this group, and the energy they could give us this season.  It'll be nice to be the team with the superior athletes all over the field.  We've been lacking in that category for far too long.  

The Raiders rolled the dice. And may have come up snake eyes. Stories now changed...and this doesn't look good.

Gareon Conley’s lawyer claims consensual sex occurred

The “nothing happened” defense quickly has evaporated in the Gareon Conley case.

After witnesses in the hotel room where an alleged rape involving the Raiders first-round draft pick occurred last month claimed that Conley and the alleged victim did nothing together, Conley’s lawyer now admits that Conley and the alleged victim had consensual sex, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

That changes everything, contradicting the witness accounts and making the case a matter of he said/she said. This means that prosecutors easily could pursue charges if they so choose, with the case ultimately turning on whether a jury chooses to believe the victim and to disbelieve Conley.

Which means that the Raiders may have drafted a player who eventually will be indicted on first-degree felony charges, which carry a prison term in Ohio three to eight years.

Conley likely had no choice but to admit that which the forensic evidence would have confirmed. The rape kit coupled with the DNA sample Conley provided would have quickly debunked the “nothing happened” defense.

Looking ahead to 2018. The "Suck for Sam" campaign has officially begun. Some of the teams expected to go hard for a QB (Jet's) didn't at all based on this years QB crop. No team really went overboard for a QB this year. Other than the Bears I mean, bless their hearts. And I think the general lack of insane moves for a QB in this years draft has as a lot to do with next years crop. Starting with Sam Darnold.

The "race" to get the number one pick next year is going to be fun. Even for a team that doesn't need a QB. Sam Darnold is either going one or he's going to net a team a gold mine of picks to trade out of that spot. Taking nothing away from Josh Rosen and Josh Allen (likely 1st round QB prospects) barring a catastrophic injury Sam Darnold will be the first pick selected.

Sam started week 4 for a struggling offense in 2016. In the 10 games he started (Freshman) he completed 67.2% of his passes for 3,088 yards 31 TD's and 9 picks. He went 23-33 for 287 with 2 TD's AT Washington against a Sidney Jones, Kevin King, Buddha Baker secondary. And won. And capped off his season with the insane performance against Penn State in the Rose Bowl. 453 yards and 5 TD's. 

ChilliJon posted:

Looking ahead to 2018. The "Suck for Sam" campaign has officially begun. Some of the teams expected to go hard for a QB (Jet's) didn't at all based on this years QB crop. No team really went overboard for a QB this year. Other than the Bears I mean, bless their hearts. And I think the general lack of insane moves for a QB in this years draft has as a lot to do with next years crop. Starting with Sam Darnold.

The "race" to get the number one pick next year is going to be fun. Even for a team that doesn't need a QB. Sam Darnold is either going one or he's going to net a team a gold mine of picks to trade out of that spot. Taking nothing away from Josh Rosen and Josh Allen (likely 1st round QB prospects) barring a catastrophic injury Sam Darnold will be the first pick selected.

Sam started week 4 for a struggling offense in 2016. In the 10 games he started (Freshman) he completed 67.2% of his passes for 3,088 yards 31 TD's and 9 picks. He went 23-33 for 287 with 2 TD's AT Washington against a Sidney Jones, Kevin King, Buddha Baker secondary. And won. And capped off his season with the insane performance against Penn State in the Rose Bowl. 453 yards and 5 TD's. 

He was monster in that Penn State game. Made all the throws, all the right decisions, all the right reads. If he falls into TT's lap, it's because we somehow ended up at the top of the draft (which I hope never happens).

GBFanForLife posted:

Goodell should be booed and should quit fondling all the draft picks. He should have an alarm clock that boos him.

Every time he gets booed, Goodell is probably secretly thinking that the fact he's getting booed instead of some of the awful human beings that are NFL owners is what makes him money. At his current salary, Goodell makes about a $65 a minute, every minute of the year. He makes that to serve as a human shield for people like Dan Synder, Jerry Jones, Jimmy Haslam, etc.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.