Skip to main content

Orlando Wolf posted:

NFL network coverage falling apart

I was told it was superior to ESPN. The studio coverage is paramount to watching a couple of stoned college buddies with access to the local public access station, to say nothing of the pick announcements themselves.

Orlando Wolf posted:

NFL network coverage falling apart

XM has been brutal. Listening to all those jabrones picking the Eagles players and that stupid song. Then a "Cars for Kids" commercial to top things off!      

Pakrz posted:

Perhaps my memory is crap... but didn't LeRoy Butler "invent" the Lambeau Leap after Reggie tossed him the ball for a defensive TD?

for the defense I spose, Robert did it when scoring a TD on the offense.    JMHO

Last edited by Goldie
Pakrz posted:

Perhaps my memory is crap... but didn't LeRoy Butler "invent" the Lambeau Leap after Reggie tossed him the ball for a defensive TD?

Yes. I was at the game against the LA Raiders. 4 degrees below 0 and a 28-0 win. I sat about 6 rows behind the Raiders bench. I've never seen guys that wanted to be there less than those guys in the 4th quarter. 

Oddly enough, the original Lambeau Leap was executed by a defensive player, strong safety LeRoy Butler. It happened Dec. 26, 1993, in a game against the Raiders, who at that time were calling Los Angeles home.

"Those guys didn't really want to be there," Butler, sitting in a Milwaukee radio station, remembered. "The play happens; I cause a fumble."

The ball bounced into the hands of Hall of Fame defensive end Reggie White, who headed toward the end zone. Just as he was being tackled, White looked over and flipped the ball to Butler.

"I was excited because I'm going to score my first touchdown," Butler said, watching tape of the play. "All this stuff is going through my head. And as I'm about to score, you see me point right there to this guy. And I jump. And this guy just kind of grabs me."

Butler fell short of getting his hips over the edge, but several good-natured fans hoisted him into the stands.

"I know a lot of people say, 'Well, act like you've been there before,'" Butler said. "I'm a defensive guy. I may not ever get back there again. So I was going to make the most of it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...history-lambeau-leap

Last edited by Goldie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.