Skip to main content

CUPackFan posted:

MM never really knew how to use Lacy - he needed 15 carries in the first three quarters to be able to benefit from a worn down defense in the fourth quarter.    

I don't know where you get that from.  Maybe in his fat days.  I remember plenty of games, at least before the bulge, where he came out of the gates running people over and taking names.

DH13 posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Holy crap. There's a safety in this draft named Tedric Thompson? How did we get to day 3 and this hasn't been discussed? Tedric has an older brother named Cedric. This is really true. Does he have more brothers? Medric? Bedric? Redric? I'm very hungover today. 

http://deadspin.com/and-now-a-...ear-brack-1793525878

Boats Botes gets my vote.

CUPackFan posted:

I just think Monty can develop into a starting RB now that he has an offseason to actually learn the position.  I don't think we understood how hard it must have been to go from a career WR, to starting RB during a season.  

TT seems ok with CMIII, Perry, Fackrell and Elliott at OLB.  

The off-season won't cure his sickle cell trait nor make Michael any brighter.

TT should not be okay with that as his OLB stable. When have Matthews and Perry every been healthy for a season? Fackrell developing still leaves them a guy short as counting on Alt-Janis is kind of silly.

Last edited by Herschel

Overall, first three picks scream "high ceiling, low floor".  I think Awuzie would have been the safe pick; maybe he can play outside but worst case, he jumps into a Micah Hyde role in the slot.  But this defense didn't need another Micah Hyde; this defense needs a Sam Shields - a #1 CB that can match up on the legit #1 WRs in this league.  Like what we saw with Neal and Jones before - TT saw them as high floor b/c worst case, have them move positions and adjust roles to at least be contributors.  

But this defense needs stars, not role players, so if King can't become a #1 CB, who cares if can still be useful as a #4 CB.  We don't need those guys on this defense, we need difference makers.  If Jones can't step up and be a difference making, playmaking enforcer in the secondary, who cares if can salvage a career as a #4 safety.  If Adams can't become an above average pass rusher, who cares if can't develop into a #4 DT.  TT can find #4 CBs, backup safeties, and rotational DL on the street.  First three picks have higher bust potential but athletically, they're really not limited.  These three picks scream difference maker or bust.  Hope it's the former.  

CUPackFan posted:

Overall, first three picks scream "high ceiling, low floor".  I think Awuzie would have been the safe pick; maybe he can play outside but worst case, he jumps into a Micah Hyde role in the slot.  But this defense didn't need another Micah Hyde; this defense needs a Sam Shields - a #1 CB that can match up on the legit #1 WRs in this league.  Like what we saw with Neal and Jones before - TT saw them as high floor b/c worst case, have them move positions and adjust roles to at least be contributors.  

But this defense needs stars, not role players, so if King can't become a #1 CB, who cares if can still be useful as a #4 CB.  We don't need those guys on this defense, we need difference makers.  If Jones can't step up and be a difference making, playmaking enforcer in the secondary, who cares if can salvage a career as a #4 safety.  If Adams can't become an above average pass rusher, who cares if can't develop into a #4 DT.  TT can find #4 CBs, backup safeties, and rotational DL on the street.  First three picks have higher bust potential but athletically, they're really not limited.  These three picks scream difference maker or bust.  Hope it's the former.  

I think this could be said about every pick made by about just every team in every draft ever made.

Packy posted:

Biegel?   Seems like a big reach.  Projected 5-6 round pick.  Wow

So some scouting site or amateur draftknik should be the guide for when players are picked? Not the professional GM and scouting staff? Teds opinions aren't out of line with the rest of the league, Biegel was going to go in the 4th whether Ted took him or someone else. 

Last edited by Grave Digger

I truthfully wanted Perine or Mack with that 1st pick but Biegel is a good player and it looks like T.T. is hell bent on trying to do something to help this D. That Falcon game must have really left a bad taste in his mouth.  

Maxi54 posted:

I truthfully wanted Perine or Mack with that 1st pick but Biegel is a good player and it looks like T.T. is hell bent on trying to do something to help this D. That Falcon game must have really left a bad taste in his mouth.  

I upchucked way back in Seattle, then again in Arizona......just saying

Rusty posted:

Biegel is a huge reach at 108. If TT wanted him that badly, he should have traded down to pick 109. Not impressed with this at all.

Maybe Ted was trying to trade down but couldn't find a partner.  I was wondering why we took 4 minutes to make a pick that we had all night and morning to figure out. 

Sufferinginmn posted:

off topic...who is going to return punts this year with hyde gone?

Cobb, he needs to do something in order to earn that contract.

Lord knows that he isn't exactly living up to it as a WR.

Packy posted:

Was also ranked as the 90th best player in the draft and we got him at 108.  I'm not sure either matters if he was at the top of TT's board.

Grave Digger posted:
Packy posted:

So some scouting site or amateur draftknik should be the guide for when players are picked? Not the professional GM and scouting staff? Teds opinions aren't out of line with the rest of the league, Biegel was going to go in the 4th whether Ted took him or someone else.    

You have no idea if another team would have taken him in the 4th.   It's a feel good story with him and his family and Wisconsin and Green Bay but this is business.   Still a reach with pick 108. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.