Skip to main content

Wouldn't be surprised if Duke Riley is higher on Thompson's board (than Cunningham).  Riley was my pick to be the round two selection, but I don't know how Thompson would pass on Jordan Willis if he is still there.  Awuzie still in the mix.  Chris Wormley and Chris Godwin are two more players that I think Ted would really like.

Last edited by PackerJoe
This is that Morgan Burnett/Marc Baron/Deone Buchanon guy who can play near the line of scrimmage. Except he can run like the wind.
by Tom Silverstein 9:24 PM
ChilliJon posted:
YooperPackfan posted:

5 DBs at the top of the draft in the last 3 years, it better start paying dividends soon

2 of the last 3 NFC Title games aren't cutting it for you? 

No! Not with the best QB in the game! Waaay too many picks on DBs without seeing it pay off…

EDIT: And defense as a whole…

Last edited by chickenboy
YooperPackfan posted:

Is Thompson admitting 2015 was a huge miss?

They needed another starting CB, you need at least 3 of those btw, and they drafted an eventual replacement for their SS who is in a contract year. Don't see that as admitting anything.

Last edited by Grave Digger

He may be admitting that the defensive backfield wasn't worth a crap last year but anybody who was paying attention would already know that.

I'm not a big fan of going safety this early but depth was a huge issue at that position.  Nothing wrong with Burnett and Clinton-Dix but can you imagine what a disaster it would have been if either of those guys would have missed 6-8 weeks combined with the horrendous cornerback play? 

People can say what they want about no pass rush but the team was 6th in the NFL in sacks and 12th in hurries and while that may not be top shelf it still is way above average and should have been good enough if the defensive backfield held up it's part of the bargain.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.