Skip to main content

Blair Kiel posted:
The Steelers have taken UW OLB T.J. Watt. If Watt has a glorious career, Thompson will have made his own "Troy Vincent" mistake.
by Tom Silverstein 11:27 PM

If TT believed TJ would be an all pro he would have stayed put.  See trading up for CMIII.

Grave Digger posted:

Pick 29 for picks 33 and 108. Top of the 2nd and top of the 4th. No one there looks interesting then why not pick up a high 4th. Can still get Watt at 33 I bet.

Steelers don't pass on OLB talent.  

Ted at the podium.

Someone asked, since you have the first pick tomorrow, who's it going to be? The board was strong enough to absorb this trade. Not looking at just 1 player. Need to evaluate the last few picks and the board. 

Packdog posted:

So Ted passes on TJ Watt and ReubenFoster.

Can't wait to see who he thinks is better than those two. 

See Sam Shields. Repeated concussions plus a failed drug test. I just don't think Ted wanted to go down that road with that history in the 1st.

JMO.

Ted just said they went in to the draft wanting to add a little meat to the roster. Sounds like they were always planning to trade down or at least preferred that option. He sarcastically said they're taking calls for 33, but I'm betting they actually are. Won't be surprised if GB doesn't drop a few more spots and adds some more action in the mid-rounds.

Lambeau Lobo posted:

We have options tomorrow, no doubt.  But if TJ Watt and/or Reuben Foster goes on to have a great career, that trade is going to hurt.  

Didn't seem to hurt for Belichick with the Clay Matthews deal. Ultimately if TJ Watt has a HOF career and GB wins more SBs then its win-win as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't matter what Watt does, only matters what GB does.

Last edited by Grave Digger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.