Skip to main content

Got as big of a haul as they could have expected for the shortest possible drop back. No complaints.

Rapaport already reporting teams are sniffing around 33 for a QB, so probably nets even another pick when all is said and done.

Man, I have to laugh about this. I just got home and found out that the Pack traded out of the 1st Rd. Below is what I posted partially in jest on a different thread earlier this afternoon...

I have no idea what Ted is thinking, but it will probably be close to midnight before the Pack pick comes up, ESPN will go to a commercial break as soon as they are on the clock, and then when they return we'll find out the Pack traded back and won't make their first pick until tomorrow night!

Trader Ted is at it again!

Grave Digger posted:

Ted just said they went in to the draft wanting to add a little meat to the roster. Sounds like they were always planning to trade down or at least preferred that option. He sarcastically said they're taking calls for 33, but I'm betting they actually are. Won't be surprised if GB doesn't drop a few more spots and adds some more action in the mid-rounds.

We need help on Defense now.   Actually, we've needed help for about 6 years now.    Passing on potential playmakers for quantity is not what we need.  

BrainDed posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Ted just said they went in to the draft wanting to add a little meat to the roster. Sounds like they were always planning to trade down or at least preferred that option. He sarcastically said they're taking calls for 33, but I'm betting they actually are. Won't be surprised if GB doesn't drop a few more spots and adds some more action in the mid-rounds.

We need help on Defense now.   Actually, we've needed help for about 6 years now.    Passing on potential playmakers for quantity is not what we need.  

Agreed.  We won't be able to judge this move for a couple years - after we see how the player we grab at 33 compares to the players we passed on - but as of right now, it certainly seems like we passed on players that could have immediately helped our piss poor defense.

Grave Digger posted:

More picks increases the odds of finding impact players.

We currently got one guy on D, drafted by TT outside of round 1, who would be considered league avg or better.   That's after how many years of drafts for TT.

Daniels... Who else outside of 1st round is worth a damn?  Maybe Burnett, but I think he isn't as good as Packer fans like to think he is.  We just got accustomed to watching dog **** at S so he looks amazing. 

ChilliJon posted:

Forrest Lamp at G is a decade pick. GB can't do better than that at 33. 

I like Lamp and agree with your assessment, but they can do better if 33 yields a lower 2nd and another 4th or 5th.

Trust the process Packer fans.

Trust the process.

We're in excellent position for the rest of this draft. 

Believe me, the other 31 teams ain't thrilled with Ted owning the top picks on day 2 & day 3

ChilliJon posted:

Forrest Lamp at G is a decade pick. GB can't do better than that at 33. 

I don't doubt he's a good prospect, but we need help at multiple positions on defense and at RB.  Those needs far outweigh the desire to take the BPA.  I know that's contrary to the typical TT approach, but we have some glaring needs.

You know who else agrees with me?  Our HOF QB:

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers isn’t convinced the Green Bay Packers need to add a guard in the 2017 NFL draft to help replace veteran T.J. Lang.  “I don’t know that we need a guy in the draft, I really don’t,” Rodgers said Tuesday. “I like the guys that we have, and I think that there’s going to be a great competition there between those guys.”

Of course, that was before we added Evans, so that need has declined even more.

PackFoo posted:

My only pauses on CB's King and Wilson...some have projected them due to their length and hip stiffness as S in the NFL.

I read somewhere that GB had Kevin King rated higher on their board than Sidney Jones and they were really high on Jones. 

TT  can now pick at 33 and package a 4th to move up in the 2nd from 61. 61 and a 4th can get a better player higher in the 2nd, like in the middle of round 2, instead of at the end of it. Or, perhaps way higher in the 3rd for the same kind of scenario. 

Grave Digger posted:

Like who recently on defense? Like Kyler Fackrell last year? Like Ryan and Martinez, or Randall and Rollins? Like Khyri Thornton? Carl Bradford? 

Ted's in a massive defensive slump and Watt would have been the safest bet for an impact player, IMO. I'll be better tomorrow I'm sure, but dang man, the pressure is on Ted right now as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on defense right now, and passing on TJ Watt has not helped his cause. 

All I can say is, he better hit on some picks tomorrow or people are going to start busting out the torches and pitchforks.

Last edited by Pistol GB

If you have a guard like Lamp at 33 and a ridiculous lineup of defensive prospects in round two you can not get ahead of yourself. Lamp has no business being available. But he is. 

ChilliJon posted:

If you have a guard like Lamp at 33 and a ridiculous lineup of defensive prospects in round two you can not get ahead of yourself. Lamp has no business being available. But he is. 

Haven't we been hearing how Guards are not an important position and that, in part, is why we didn't spend on our 2 all pro guards?   If so, wouldn't it be just as wasteful to use capital other than money, high draft round, on that position?

Boris posted:

Trust the process Packer fans.

Trust the process.

We're in excellent position for the rest of this draft. 

Believe me, the other 31 teams ain't thrilled with Ted owning the top picks on day 2 & day 3

Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, Carolina, New York and San Francisco are just fine with it.

Disagree. 

Must be nice to draft #2 overall & fleece the Bears out of picks. 

TT has the envious position of drafting at the end of round 1 year after year yet somehow he drafts better than most of the league.

Shocking how that happens.

I still have this feeling Mixon is the pick. I doubt TT will trade down again unless he gets an offer that exceeds the chart value significantly. Mixon is the one guy left that talent alone would have placed him in the top 10, IMO. He's also good in pass pro and an amazing receiver. A 3-down gem, and not yet 21.

ChilliJon posted:

You are always as good or bad as your offensive and defensive lines. Inside out. Been that way forever.  

I know what you're saying, but I also think that is a bit overstated.  I recall numerous Super Bowl winners over the past decade that had an average-to-below-average offensive line.  Heck, I watched the Broncos win a Super Bowl here two years ago with a crap offensive line.  

tsr86free posted:

I still have this feeling Mixon is the pick. I doubt TT will trade down again unless he gets an offer that exceeds the chart value significantly. Mixon is the one guy left that talent alone would have placed him in the top 10, IMO. He's also good in pass pro and an amazing receiver. A 3-down gem, and not yet 21.

I've been thinking about this possibility too.  The value aspect of the Mixon pick would be consistent with TT's approach, but the character issues are not.  

There's no doubt the kid can play ball; he looks like a Le'veon Bell clone.  But damn it, that one disgusting incident is impossible to overlook.   

If the Packers trade back with the 33rd pick, which I think is quite possible, they will have ten picks in this draft.  While there are more holes to fill on their roster this year than in past seasons, that is still a boatload of picks.  It would, however, afford them the luxury of picking someone like CB Sidney Jones, (who likely would have gone in the top half of round one barring injury), in round three or the bottom of round two and placing him on PUP to start the season.

Almost like trading for a 2018 first round pick, who gets a year to study the playbook while rehabbing.

Pistol GB posted:
Grave Digger posted:

Like who recently on defense? Like Kyler Fackrell last year? Like Ryan and Martinez, or Randall and Rollins? Like Khyri Thornton? Carl Bradford? 

Ted's in a massive defensive slump and Watt would have been the safest bet for an impact player, IMO. I'll be better tomorrow I'm sure, but dang man, the pressure is on Ted right now as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt on defense right now, and passing on TJ Watt has not helped his cause. 

All I can say is, he better hit on some picks tomorrow or people are going to start busting out the torches and pitchforks.

Clearly, after the massive scouting campaign you performed watching Badger football, you figured out TJ Watt was so much better than all those other guys you weren't watching.

Hungry5 posted:

Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp

Malik McDowell, Kevin King, Zach Cunningham, Quincy Wilson, Budda Baker, Chidobe Awuzie, Obi Melifonwu

Lots to choose from.

Weren't some of those in Rogue One?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.