Skip to main content

Herschel - TT's focus on versatility is exactly why I could see him taking Chidobe Awuzie.  I understand he played every position in the secondary for the Buffs.

In the second round, I'm hoping for a CB (Awuzie or King) and RB (Cook or Mixon).  

Herschel posted:
Grave Digger posted:

In the end every team passes on good players every year to take someone they believe they're getting better value on. Having TJ Watt in GB was every Badger/Packer fans wet dream and he likely will be a good player in Pittsburgh, but I don't feel like he did the wrong thing. There's more than 1 right answer.

I don't disagree, but it felt kind of like getting a catheter for Christmas

. If he can get an impact player at 33 and 108, even if they don't have HOF careers like Watt, it can still be right. As always, I will give the GM who has a ring and has built a perennial contender (and only 2 losing seasons in 12 years) the benefit of the doubt on this. I'm not against pointing out his failures, but lets wait a few more years before we look back and call this a bad move or a missed opportunity. Watt may end up being pretty average and we end up with a Pro Bowler at 33, time will tell. 

TT's biggest claim to fame was taking Rodgers, which covers all sorts of sins. He's been solid on offense, but I'd argue TT has not earned any benefit of the doubt drafting defensive players. His record there is downright terrible.

Preaching to the choir. But I sure got in trouble for saying basically the same a few years ago.

Perhaps TT trades back again in the second and parlays the new 4th round pick for a net result of a second and third round pick.  I don't know how the math works out but those are good rounds for TT.

Lambeau Lobo posted:

In the second round, I'm hoping for a CB (Awuzie or King) and RB (Cook or Mixon).  

Awuzie, King, or Cook early Rd 2 and then Willis, Bowser, or Rivers late rd 2 would be super duper. 

Anyone have interest in Quincy Wilson at 33? Don't hear his name a lot. Several places have him listed as the best player available on day 2. Not as versatile as Awuzie or King. Wilson is more of a pure boundary corner. But he's a very good pure boundary corner. 

If ted doesn't take Mixon at #33...he's a fool. You simply don't pass on that kind of value at pick #33. many think he's the most talented back in the draft. Then, you take Sidney Jones in round #3, and for once..Ted would win the draft.

If Thompson likes Wilson equal to King, he could probably move back to about 40 and get Quincy.

How much would you pay to see Trader Ted's draft board?

Even after the draft?

What does his 2005 draft board look like? Where exactly did he have Rodgers?

Or 2009? How high did he have Matthews? Was it a Raji or Matthews choice at 9 and they went with the big guy, since there are only so many big guys?

GreenNgoldBlood posted:

If ted doesn't take Mixon at #33...he's a fool. You simply don't pass on that kind of value at pick #33. many think he's the most talented back in the draft. Then, you take Sidney Jones in round #3, and for once..Ted would win the draft.

But we might lose our moral high ground.

GreenNgoldBlood posted:

We can grab Greg Hardy off the street also. TT would be a fool to pass on that kind of talent. 

Hard to believe that Perine is Oklahoma's all-time leading rusher. Dude is a bruiser. Mixon is 29th on the list with 2,027 yards on 300 carries. The great DeMond Parker is 8th with 3,402 yards. There's a name from the past!

Eddie Lacy ran a 4.64 40 at the combine when he came out and Perine ran a 4.65. Eddie had good feet but Perine just seems quicker and more agile when you watch his tape. Maybe I just got used to watching the lumbering Phat Eddie.

RkPlayerPosSeasonsYardsAttTDY/A100Y200Y
1.Samaje PerineRB2014-164,122685496.02156
2.Billy SimsRB1975-794,118593536.94207
3.Joe WashingtonRB1972-754,071675396.03191
4.Adrian PetersonRB2004-064,045747415.41226
Last edited by Maxi54
YATittle posted:

Draft resumes at 4 p.m. I'll eat an entire dead cow if the Pack picks a QB with 33 without trading him immediately.

If they didn't already have Hundley, it wouldn't surprise me. Under the current circumstances, I'd probably eat an entire herd of cattle if the Packers draft Kizer at 33.

In 2009 TT ALMOST drafted Clay at #9 instead of Raji. That's how high TT had Clay rated. Which partially explained why he gave up 3 picks to move up into #26

Last edited by Boris
chickenboy posted:

I wonder how often these guys get punked by their 'sources'.

ChilliJon posted:

Philly draft. Illustrated. 

Classic Philly. Fun times so far.

More tonight. If the trade rumor I heard actually happens, you're all going to be 100% thrilled, I promise!

Boris posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Philly draft. Illustrated. 

More tonight. If the trade rumor I heard actually happens, you're all going to be 100% thrilled, I promise!

Rodgers and the 2018 GBP 1st rounder to the Jets for their 2017 3rd Rounder??

Grave Digger posted:
GreenNgoldBlood posted:

We can grab Greg Hardy off the street also. TT would be a fool to pass on that kind of talent. 

Nice! 

Boris posted:

Brutal thing to drop boss! Everyone is preparing themselves mentally to be underwhelmed and you're giving us hope!

Image result for i need to know gif

Last edited by Grave Digger
antooo posted:
chickenboy posted:

I wonder how often these guys get punked by their 'sources'.

I guarantee you they don't care.  *click click click*

Grave Digger posted:
GreenNgoldBlood posted:

When is Rae Carruth eligible for parole?

excalibur posted:
Herschel posted:
Grave Digger posted:

In the end every team passes on good players every year to take someone they believe they're getting better value on. Having TJ Watt in GB was every Badger/Packer fans wet dream and he likely will be a good player in Pittsburgh, but I don't feel like he did the wrong thing. There's more than 1 right answer.

I don't disagree, but it felt kind of like getting a catheter for Christmas

. If he can get an impact player at 33 and 108, even if they don't have HOF careers like Watt, it can still be right. As always, I will give the GM who has a ring and has built a perennial contender (and only 2 losing seasons in 12 years) the benefit of the doubt on this. I'm not against pointing out his failures, but lets wait a few more years before we look back and call this a bad move or a missed opportunity. Watt may end up being pretty average and we end up with a Pro Bowler at 33, time will tell. 

TT's biggest claim to fame was taking Rodgers, which covers all sorts of sins. He's been solid on offense, but I'd argue TT has not earned any benefit of the doubt drafting defensive players. His record there is downright terrible.

Preaching to the choir. But I sure got in trouble for saying basically the same a few years ago.

Because it's a huge over reach.  See:  The Wizard.

Uncle Tranny Ted hasn't been hitting the defensive bonanza while picking at the end of the 1st round for damn near a decade running but saying he's completely whiffed is total hyperbole.  

Carl Bradford and other "development" senior citizens see: coaching staff

Cap'n Bud Light on Ice has churned out some turds and a few diamonds but ultimately you have to look at the dumdum coaching.  Especially considering this defense seems to morph into some new version of itself that's supposed to fix everything while requiring specific talent TT is expected to fetch each year.  The Wizard's Booya Defense.  Trade marked for my memoirs.

And offense?  He's been hitting it out of the ****ing ball park.

Last edited by Henry
justanotherpackerfan posted:

Packers are going to take Vince Biegel and everyone will be happy

Biegels are hard to block, but they can be distracted with treats.

And god help athe squirrel that wanders onto the playing field.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.