Skip to main content

fightphoe93 posted:
Boris posted:
More tonight. If the trade rumor I heard actually happens, you're all going to be 100% thrilled, I promise!

A 7th rounder for Richard Sherman?  That would be AWESOME!!!    Something tells me your rumor may involve Sherman, but I am just throwing darts at the board. 

And Joe Thomas at age 25.

Cornerback Kevin King or running back Dalvin Cook. That's who the Packers are debating if they don't trade the first pick of the second round. However, a trade remains a possibility. Adam Schefter reported that the Chargers, Jets and Buccaneers are among the teams who have expressed an interest in the Packers' pick.

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer
ChilliJon posted:

Bucs want Dalvin Cook something fierce. Its just fantastic that a team that far back is making calls. Excellent!

ONLY way i trade back that far is if I'm getting next years #1 thrown into a deal..Packers hold all the cards right now..I hope ted understands that. set an exorbitant price..if someone wants to meet it...we'll consider it, if not, make the pick(Cook or Mixon).

Hope like heck they don't take Cook. I'd rather look at Perine, Mack, Hill, Foreman, or one of the other backs in the 3rd or 4th round than Cook or Mixon in the 2nd. RB just isn't that big of a priority.

I'm also still somewhat intrigued with Joe Williams from Utah. I think he'll still be available late in the draft. 

Last edited by Maxi54
Henry posted:
Maxi54 posted:

Hope like heck they don't take Cook. I'd rather look at Perine, Mack, Hill, Foreman, or one of the other backs in the 3rd or 4th round than Cook or Mixon in the 2nd. RB just isn't that big of a priority. 

1000 times yes.  RB in this offense, in a passing league with a capable guy at RB right now.  

McCarthy constantly says he wants to run the ball more..Ty not a workhrse RB by any stretch. Cook or Mixon most talented players available, regardless of position.

I'm pretty content with the 9 draft picks.  Earlier in the week I suggested the Packers might want to trade next year's third to pick up an extra fourth this year to try and fill one more hole, but now they are at nine...I think that's a good number especially after adding Evans.  There will be a couple duds among the draft picks but on the flip side there are always 1 or 2 undrafted guys who step up and earn a spot on the 53.  I don't think we need more than 9 rookies on the roster next year.  That "youngest team" stuff looks great on paper in September, but doesn't look so hot in January when getting run off the field.  Going down more than 10 spots puts the team at risk or missing out on Lamp, King, Awuzie and Willis and I don't want to go there at whatever the gain.  The Packers are on schedule for 12 draft picks in 2018 so there should be no real urgency to add picks for next year's draft either.  

I'm really liking Perine the more I look at him. Super productive and I don't think he has any serious injury or character issues. He's a more disciplined, in better shape Eddie Lacy. Guy is a battering ram. Also on his highlight vid. you don't see a lot of people catching him from behind without an angle so I think he plays faster than his 40 time indicates.

Last edited by Maxi54
GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Henry posted:
Maxi54 posted:

1000 times yes.  RB in this offense, in a passing league with a capable guy at RB right now.  

McCarthy constantly says he wants to run the ball more..Ty not a workhrse RB by any stretch. Cook or Mixon most talented players available, regardless of position.

He's said that crap for the last 10 years.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Earliest it will happen is when Rodgers' age catches up to him which probably doesn't happen in the next two or three years unless he suffers some catastrophic injury.

I tend to agree that the Pack doesn't need to take a RB high, yet if they think the guy is truly exceptional, I can't really argue.  Last year's RB situation was pretty bad and fortunately Montgomery's position switch bailed them out of the crappy situation they were in where they couldn't find anybody serviceable until Michael got claimed.

Maybe this season they've decided they're going to try to have 2 strong backs with Michael there as a decent #3. 

GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Henry posted:
Maxi54 posted:

Could be.  Are the vastly  superior to the talents on the defensive side of the ball?  The defense with the holes in it (see: coaching booth) that continue to lose them a shot at the Superbowl?  Are they still an RB in a passing offense who just signed Bennett?  Yes, they are.

They need a RB.  They don't need another reason for ignoring the defense.

Last edited by Henry
Henry posted:
GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Henry posted:
Maxi54 posted:

Could be.  Are the vastly  superior to the talents on the defensive side of the ball?  The defense with the holes in it (see: coaching booth) that continue to lose them a shot at the Superbowl?  Are they still an RB in a passing offense who just signed Bennett?  Yes, they are.

Hey, the defense is only going to improve so much more at this point...so why not just load up the offense, score 50 every game and see if other teams can keep up?? I would LOVE Sydney Jones in the third round, there's your corner, and you can always get another one at some point. This is why Ted should have filled some of the defensive holes in FA.

To me I think any player were hearing about as a possibility is likely not a possibility. That's just agents floating these rumors. 

If Cook stays healthy his upside is perennial 1,000 yard rusher. No he's not Fournette or Adrian Peterson, but he's pretty dang good. We could do worse at 33 for sure. Montgomery is not a 1,000 yard rusher, there aren't any 1,000 yard capable rusher available in FA. If we want to do RB by committee then we can take guys like Perine or Mack, but Cook and Foreman are the only legit #1's left in the draft and Foreman won't make it to #61.

GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Henry posted:
GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Henry posted:
Maxi54 posted:

Hey, the defense is only going to improve so much more at this point...so why not just load up the offense, score 50 every game and see if other teams can keep up?? I would LOVE Sydney Jones in the third round, there's your corner, and you can always get another one at some point. This is why Ted should have filled some of the defensive holes in FA.

Because it makes for a great 15-1 season.

Grave Digger posted:

To me I think any player were hearing about as a possibility is likely not a possibility. That's just agents floating these rumors. 

If Cook stays healthy his upside is perennial 1,000 yard rusher. No he's not Fournette or Adrian Peterson, but he's pretty dang good. We could do worse at 33 for sure. Montgomery is not a 1,000 yard rusher, there aren't any 1,000 yard capable rusher available in FA. If we want to do RB by committee then we can take guys like Perine or Mack, but Cook and Foreman are the only legit #1's left in the draft and Foreman won't make it to #61.

You are forgetting Mixon..flat out STUD.

Last edited by GreenNgoldBlood
Grave Digger posted:

If Cook stays healthy his upside is perennial 1,000 yard rusher. No he's not Fournette or Adrian Peterson, but he's pretty dang good. ...

I think Cook is a better pass catcher than Fournette and a better blocker that Peterson.  If you are looking for a complete RB with size and speed, Cook is your guy.

I hope Ted trades the pick to a team that feels they absolutely have to have Cook in the worst way, but I'd still geek over having Cook in Green and Gold.

It would also explain why the Packers had so little interest in re-signing Jared.

Grave Digger posted:

He probably won't. Doesn't matter. Being suspended 12 games for punching a woman in the face is not accountability. We have to take a stand somewhere. If GB takes him I will still support the Packers, but rewarding this guy like this is abhorrent.

And you do realize he and the woman got together and she herself stated they BOTH made mistakes, and the whole incident could have been handled differently..She's moved on..we all should too IMO.

I want a good CB or OLB. The team may have other ideas. The most valuable quality is the value they place on Value and whose Value is more valuable.

At this point in time with analyzing and parsing and nit-picking this thing for so long I almost don't care who we pick or why...

However, I did learn that we have some pretty smart cookies here who probably could make a good argument for me to buy that bridge in Brooklyn. For the price its a good value.

Last edited by PackerPatrick

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.