Skip to main content

GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Hungry5 posted:

Which RB would you have chosen?

Well, they have had chances to take..Cook, Kamara, Hunt, Foreman, Mixon and passed on them all. Sorry, Monty is not a 20-25 carry back. How DEADLY would this offense be if they had a back that could carry 20-25+ times a game, and put up consistent 100 yd games, to go with Arodg and the passing game?? They'd score 50+ points a game.

They had that in Lacy, yet rarely gave it to him +20 a game.

70 offensive plays per game.

#1 RB, 20 touches; Monty, 10 touches; Cobb/FB, 5 touches

35 passes by Rodgers

Lots of RBs can give you 20 touches / game.

Henry posted:
GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Hungry5 posted:

Well, they have had chances to take..Cook, Kamara, Hunt, Foreman, Mixon and passed on them all. Sorry, Monty is not a 20-25 carry back. How DEADLY would this offense be if they had a back that could carry 20-25+ times a game, and put up consistent 100 yd games, to go with Arodg and the passing game?? They'd score 50+ points a game.

How old are you?   I'm guessing 22.  How many dominate offensive teams have made it to/won the Superbowl without some kind of complimenting defense?  This offense already has the capability to hang 35-40 points on a team.  We joke about it but you actually think trying to constantly out shoot the other team equates to a championship?  

Older than you...i'm 90% certain of that..As far as the defense, yes It needs to get better..But if you think three rookies will come in on that side of the ball and make INSTANT impact, I think you are wrong. Not many do, unless they are a top 10 pick. This is the problem with Ted not dabbling more in FA, he then forces himself into drafting for need(especially on defense), instead of taking BPA, whether he claims that's what they do or not.

Remember the greatest show on turf?? How bad was their defense?? How good was their offense?? Worked for them.

A dominant running game, takes A LOT of pressure off not only Arodg, but the defense especially..How many times have we seen it with this team?? Constantly throwing late in games because they don't have the running game to run out the clock. Get up big, control the clock(with the ground game), win the game. How do you think the Cowboys were so successful this year??

Last edited by GreenNgoldBlood
tsr86free posted:

Perine would make sense with the first pick tomorrow. Very slow, but immense power. Liked his highlight video posted above. 

Perine isn't really all that terribly slow. Lacy ran a 4.64 40 at the combine back when he was in shape and Perine ran a 4.65. He doesn't seem to get caught from behind very often without the guys having an angle on him. He's a beast and I think he plays faster than his 40 indicates. He ended up being the leading all-time rusher at Oklahoma so he's pretty darn productive. More yards than, A.P., Billy Sims, Joe Washington, etc.. He had twice as many yards as Mixon on about twice as many carries for his career but he averaged over 6 yds. per carry. He's more of a between the tackles runner but I wouldn't mind if the Pack had a chance to grab him in the 4th round.

yeah at this point, throw a couple bucks at Charles for a friendly, incentive laden deal.

Then, with the tight end additions, just figure out a way to outscore your opponents and were good. Switch to a 4-2-5 D with Perry and Matthews at LB

GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Henry posted:
GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Hungry5 posted:

How old are you?   I'm guessing 22.  How many dominate offensive teams have made it to/won the Superbowl without some kind of complimenting defense?  This offense already has the capability to hang 35-40 points on a team.  We joke about it but you actually think trying to constantly out shoot the other team equates to a championship?  

Older than you...i'm 90% certain of that..As far as the defense, yes It needs to get better..But if you think three rookies will come in on that side of the ball and make INSTANT impact, I think you are wrong. Not many do, unless they are a top 10 pick. This is the problem with Ted not dabbling more in FA, he then forces himself into drafting for need(especially on defense), instead of taking BPA, whether he claims that's what they do or not.

Remember the greatest show on turf?? How bad was their defense?? How good was their offense?? Worked for them.

A dominant running game, takes A LOT of pressure off not only Arodg, but the defense especially..How many times have we seen it with this team?? Constantly throwing late in games because they don't have the running game to run out the clock. Get up big, control the clock(with the ground game), win the game. How do you think the Cowboys were so successful this year??

I will remind you that the spirit of draft weekend is brotherhood, kinship, and harmony.

Your kvetching is rendering me kerlumpt and will not do.

GreenNgoldBlood posted:

I remember the "greatest show on turf" and you are wrong if you thought they had no defense.  Both times they made the Super Bowl their defenses were very good and near the top.  You might be thinking of 2000 when their defense was awful and they were beaten by Aaron Brooks and New Orleans for an early playoff exit.  But make no mistake, those Rams teams of '99 and '01 had very good defenses.  As a matter of fact, that '01 Rams defense made a certain Hall of Fame bound QB who played for the Packers look pretty silly in their playoff game. 

I remember only a few teams with not so great defenses that won the Super Bowl.  New Orleans D was not great in '09, Indy's was no great shakes in '06, and Denver's '97 D wasn't great but they beat ::gulp:: the highly favored Packers.  That's really about all I can remember.  That said, all those teams had a better defense than last year's Packer team did.  It must get better, and I think it will. 

Maxi54 posted:
tsr86free posted:

Perine would make sense with the first pick tomorrow. Very slow, but immense power. Liked his highlight video posted above. 

Perine isn't really all that terribly slow. Lacy ran a 4.64 40 at the combine back when he was in shape and Perine ran a 4.65.

Historically I would say this doesn't matter because Thompson has shown a preference for big backs that can catch the ball.  40 time complete meaningless.  But with the way this draft has gone, it's pretty obvious that Thompson put a big emphasis on the 40.  Does that translate over the offense is the big question? 

Good question Joe. I don't even try to figure out what T.T. is thinking anymore so maybe Perine's speed, (or lack of) may be a consideration this year. I still like him though. If we want speed at RB Joe Williams from Utah might be an intriguing late rd. pick. I think he had the 2nd fastest 40 time among RB's at the combine and he was pretty productive when he decided he really wanted to play. 

Has ESPN and the NFL Network started the rumors about the bidding war for Nathan Peterman and/or Joshua Dobbs at #108 yet?  Thompson might be able to parlay a 10 spot move down into a 2018 first round pick!!!  Be sure to tune in early tomorrow so you don't miss all the exciting action.

88 isn't about 20 carries, it's about 10-15 carries and 5-10  times splitting out wide. He's going to go where the numbers are in his favor.  Doesn't need to be a work horse.

Rip gets all the short yardage work and absorbs the hits that come with it.

GreenNgoldBlood posted:

I don't think anything needs to be said here

How do you think the Cowboys were so successful this year??

That Superbowl championship looks really . . . not there

Who do we like tomorrow?

Lawson, Perine, Dorian Johnson, Butt? I like Dede Westbrook if he made it to our 5th rd pick. Hoping to get Lawson and Perine in the 4th. I could see Butt with our 2nd 4th rd pick, perhaps Biegel, if we don't grab Lawson.

I think the pick has to be a RB to open round 4, unless TT trades down again. 

Who is BPA? Certainly not an OL. Not a QB, WR? meh...another DB?!?? I don't think so. LB or DL? I don't believe so bUT maybe?

Gotta be a RB. Has to....

Last edited by Boris
mrtundra posted:

So Drew Pearson gets to talk to the broadcast crew about trash talking the Eagles fans while the Packers' selection of Montravious Adams was occurring behind him. 

The telecast is so boring. Remember when we  used to learn something about the players?

I think the King pick was liked by many on here, Jones looks to be a player, I know nothing about Adams but I am am not yet on that bandwagon.  Seems to me the could have gots might be better than the guys we got.  Who knows?

The AROD clock is ticking.

Packers sure have had a lot of time to think about and listen to possible trade offers for their 1st and 4th picks in this draft.  At 108 I too could see Perine.  He and Montgomery would make a nice duo.  I could also see them going OG with maybe Dorian Johnson or Asiata or ILB with Anthony Walker.   Another possibility is WR. Maybe not a position of need but Jake Butt is also possible but with the TE's signed I doubt it now but maybe 134.  

Last edited by Packy

**** Atlanta!

Packers could go Biegel, Marlon Mack in round 4. They could go Perine, Blair Brown in round 4. I love Perine. Pure producer at RB and he's probably one highest character kids in this draft. He's someone GB will never have to worry about. But there's not much wrong with Biegel and Mack either. This extra 4th and the top of day 3 was a great move by the assassin. 

Holy crap. There's a safety in this draft named Tedric Thompson? How did we get to day 3 and this hasn't been discussed? Tedric has an older brother named Cedric. This is really true. Does he have more brothers? Medric? Bedric? Redric? I'm very hungover today. 

ChilliJon posted:

Holy crap. There's a safety in this draft named Tedric Thompson? How did we get to day 3 and this hasn't been discussed? Tedric has an older brother named Cedric. This is really true. Does he have more brothers? Medric? Bedric? Redric? I'm very hungover today. 

http://deadspin.com/and-now-a-...ear-brack-1793525878

Last edited by DH13

I'd like to see Jake Butt.  Red shirt majority of 2017 regular season, plays a little late regular season and playoffs, #2 TE with Bennett in 2018, and starting TE for the next 8 years in 2019.  Perfect pick to do it with.  If you told me the #29 pick would turn into Kevin King and Jake Butt a month ago, I'd have been pretty damn excited.  

I'm actually ok with Montgomery, Michael and Ripkowski running the ball.  If anything, I'd like to see a home run hitter third down back rather than another big, Eddie Lacy type.  MM never really knew how to use Lacy - he needed 15 carries in the first three quarters to be able to benefit from a worn down defense in the fourth quarter.  MM never really got that.  But I wouldn't argue with Perrine, he's definitely worth that pick.  I just think Monty can develop into a starting RB now that he has an offseason to actually learn the position.  I don't think we understood how hard it must have been to go from a career WR, to starting RB during a season.  

TT seems ok with CMIII, Perry, Fackrell and Elliott at OLB.  I'd have liked one more premium player there, allowing CMIII to roam on passing downs for the best matchups, and leaving Fackrell and Elliott as true backups.  But outside the top 2 rounds, I don't see getting a guy that would jump Fackrell and Elliott.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.