Skip to main content

Sufferinginmn posted:

boooooooooooo...where are we going to get pressure on the edge this year!

Josh Jones looks like an edge rusher candidate.  Just a little further off the edge than I was initially thinking.

more piling on , even if its been posted :

"On Thursday, the Chicago Bears traded everything including the kitchen sink to the San Francisco 49ers to move up one spot to select UNC QB Mitch Trubisky with the second overall pick in the 2017 draft.

When Trubisky took a visit to Jon Gruden’s QB Camp a few weeks ago, he had no clue when it came to the concept of a hard count.  It was rather embarrassing."

totalprosports.com/2017/04/27/bears-drafted-a-qb-who-doesnt-know-what-a-hard-count-is-with-the-2-overall-pick-video

-

Mitchell Trubisky's grade is an 89 (Todd McShay). The average grade of No. 1 overall QBs over the last 10 drafts is a 96.

Last edited by WolfPack

N.O. better buy some more footballs because there aren't going to be enough to go around for Ingram, Peterson, and now Kamara. Maybe they think because Brees is 38 or whatever he only has the arm strength left to throw the ball about 15 times a game?? As sucky as their D is I don't understand this pick at all. 

Last edited by Maxi54

Jordan Willis now gone.  That kind of does it for the top tier OLB's unless the Packers want to roll the dice on Tim Williams (and I'd guess Thompson would pass).  Still some interesting guys out there (Tarell Basham, Vince Biegel, Trey Henderickson, and others), but those guys are definitely a step down.

Not only Hall but Chris Wormley and Duke Riley now also off the board.  Defense really clearing out now.  Finally taking a RB is looking like it would be a reasonable move.  Does Foreman make it to #93?

that LB position is gonna need to be addressed.

I guess we roll with Perry, Martinez, Ryan and Matthews. Then hope Fackrell develops

any LB pick now most likely wont play much next year. Gonna be the weak point next year, esp if Matthews misses more  time

antooo posted:

Is Carl Lawson still on the board?

Yes.  I'm not sure what Thompson thinks of Lawson's height...but to me the next group of OLB candidates is down to Lawson, Biegel and Henderickson and then there is another pretty big dropoff.

PackerJoe posted:

He may be admitting that the defensive backfield wasn't worth a crap last year but anybody who was paying attention would already know that.

I'm constantly amazed that the loss of Sam Shields just doesn't register with people.   Your #1 CB.  Yeah, that's a big loss.

Henry posted:
PackerJoe posted:

He may be admitting that the defensive backfield wasn't worth a crap last year but anybody who was paying attention would already know that.

I'm constantly amazed that the loss of Sam Shields just doesn't register with people.   Your #1 CB.  Yeah, that's a big loss.

Yeah but a former basketball star and a one-ankled guy didn't turn into Woodson/Barber overnight. clearly TT is washed up.

Have to bring it up.  Clemson CB Cordrea Tankersley is still on the board and he's big and fast.

Perine.

Lawson.

Biegel.

Henderickson.

Cal WR-Chad Hansen or Michigan WR-Amara Darboh could be a sleeper here.

GreenNgoldBlood posted:

Pathetic...Montravius Adams-DT Auburn. Glad the Packers think they have plenty of RB's.

Hey, psst, you have a little urine on your pants.  Did you see a colossal breakdown at RB when Monty stepped up?  And he made that transition on the fly.  Glad to see you think the Packers have nothing at RB.  Because a RB that can run tough in a committee setup and has WR skills sure does suck.

PackerJoe posted:

Jones 20 shuttle and 3 cone times were not very good.  Ted is sick of watching his defense get run off the field and seems to be favoring the good old-fashioned 40-yard dash time this year.

Hmmm, of all the 300+ pound defensive lineman at the combine, guess which one ran the fastest 40-yard dash.

Henry posted:
GreenNgoldBlood posted:

Pathetic...Montravius Adams-DT Auburn. Glad the Packers think they have plenty of RB's.

Hey, psst, you have a little urine on your pants.  Did you see a colossal breakdown at RB when Monty stepped up?  And he made that transition on the fly.  Glad to see you think the Packers have nothing at RB.  Because a RB that can run tough in a committee setup and has WR skills sure does suck.

Pretty sure you need some guys back there at least behind Monty..All they have is Michael. Monty at best a 15 carry a game guy and that may be stretching it.

Hungry5 posted:

Which RB would you have chosen?

Well, they have had chances to take..Cook, Kamara, Hunt, Foreman, Mixon and passed on them all. Sorry, Monty is not a 20-25 carry back. How DEADLY would this offense be if they had a back that could carry 20-25+ times a game, and put up consistent 100 yd games, to go with Arodg and the passing game?? They'd score 50+ points a game.

tsr86free posted:

Perine would make sense with the first pick tomorrow. Very slow, but immense power. Liked his highlight video posted above. 

I like him at 4.1 if he makes it there.  He breaks so many tackles.  Granted it's partly cuz he has to cuz he's slow but it's interesting to see given so many RB highlight films are just them hitting a wide open hole and never being touched.  At least you know he's can shed tacklers.

GreenNgoldBlood posted:
Hungry5 posted:

Which RB would you have chosen?

Well, they have had chances to take..Cook, Kamara, Hunt, Foreman, Mixon and passed on them all. Sorry, Monty is not a 20-25 carry back. How DEADLY would this offense be if they had a back that could carry 20-25+ times a game, and put up consistent 100 yd games, to go with Arodg and the passing game?? They'd score 50+ points a game.

How old are you?   I'm guessing 22.  How many dominate offensive teams have made it to/won the Superbowl without some kind of complimenting defense?  This offense already has the capability to hang 35-40 points on a team.  We joke about it but you actually think trying to constantly out shoot the other team equates to a championship?  

Last edited by Henry

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.