Skip to main content

I'm pretty sure I never heard "24 missed tackles led to 164 extra yards" or anything like it come out of MM's mouth. It was more like "we'll get that fixed" or "I gotta look at the tape" or "certainly we have some things to improve upon" from him. Admirable that he wouldn't call out his team and/or players in the media, but it also led to a lack of accountability. It's a delicate balance between embarrassing someone/team and making sure everyone gets the message that something needs to get better -- fast. The fact that MLF knew exactly how many missed tackles and yardage is impressive in showing his oversight, but also lends credibility to his wanting accountability. It's a shot across the bow before the ship starts to take on water...

PackerHawk posted:

Kind of hard to act like you've been there before when you haven't.  

Anyone saying Kizer did OK just didn't watch the game. They probably looked at the stat sheet and a 111 passer rating and nodded their head. Numbers didn't align with performance. 

I couldn’t agree more. He doesn’t elicit confidence of any kind. I’m not concerned about it. Boyle did ok, Wilkins didn’t get half the shot Kizer did to show what he can do. I think Manny Wilkins will compete well for the #2 QB before all is said and done. 

Wilkins already looks so much more ready than Kizer.  He won't be the 2.  Boyle should be if we're going by the eye test.  Boyle got less PT than either of them Thursday, I believe. 

If it goes like I think it should, it'll be 12 and 8.  Wilkins to PS unless he goes all Taysom in the next three games.

Last edited by Brak
Brak posted:

Wilkins already looks so much more ready than Kizer.  

Guessing you've been to practices, cause wasn't Wilkins 0-3 passing Thursday ? Against the 8th string Texans defense ? 

Lots of folks making flash decisions on Gary, Wilkins, Sommers, etc....off one simulated practice game. Give it time. 

Last edited by Packdog
Grave Digger posted:

To be fair, LaFleur is trying to set a tone for his team, he’s trying to change a culture. He’s going to say and do a lot of things that seem/are refreshing. We will be getting coach speak and uninspiring catch phrases before you know it.

Training camp interviews are where the coaches and players hone up their cliches. The "we have to look deep inside ourselves" or "we have to come together as a team" type of cliches need to be practiced and perfected before the regular season comes along. Then, when interviewed, those cliches will flow off their tongues like lava down a volcano. Only then you will know "they have gone the extra mile" in preparation for those interviews.

Packdog posted:
Brak posted:

Wilkins already looks so much more ready than Kizer.  

Guessing you've been to practices, cause wasn't Wilkins 0-3 passing Thursday ? Against the 8th string Texans defense ? 

Lots of folks making flash decisions on Gary, Wilkins, Sommers, etc....off one simulated practice game. Give it time. 

He was but I did like the way he moved around in and outside the pocket. He seemed more decisive and composed than Kizer.

Kizer always seems to be a split second away from total panic. 

PackerHawk posted:
Trophies posted:

Some of the most knowledgeable fans in the NFL.   

One of the great myths in all of sports, IMO. When I'm at Lambeau I hear some of the most stupid takes you could imagine. Every... Time...

I don't know, maybe the idiots are just louder than the so called intelligent fans. I will say that GB fans as a whole are probably the most friendly I've been around, but intelligent? Yeah, I can't go that far. 

I can remember a time when it actually took a little work to be a "real" fan.
Had to study rosters, learn players name, number, and position, who the backups were, and had to pay attention (gasp!) to the games.
Then comes corporate advertising (and takeover), and networks wanting to attract new and/or 'casual' fans, and dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator.
In the meantime, the old-school fans who were in fact knowledgeable about football and their teams started dying off, and their kids didn't have the same interest. Now it seems that these fans and their kids are more intent on selling most, if not all, of their season tickets.
They have been replaced by the cell-phonies mentioned elsewhere in this thread, and going to a game is more of a 'see-and-be-seen' event, and, oh by the way, the Packers are playing. 
The end result is canned cheers that can be observed on the super-giant video boards, and the "G-Force" (if they're still doing that).
Ugh.

Last time I was at a game the row behind us was women ranging in ages from 30-50, one of them had inherited the tickets from their parents. They knew little about football and were engrossed in alcohol-fueled classy conversations such as "don't take a dump at home in the morning, do it on work time" during the game. Sad thing was that the majority of them were elementary teachers! 

FLPACKER posted:

Last time I was at a game the row behind us was women ranging in ages from 30-50, one of them had inherited the tickets from their parents. They knew little about football and were engrossed in alcohol-fueled classy conversations such as "don't take a dump at home in the morning, do it on work time" during the game. Sad thing was that the majority of them were elementary teachers! 

When you die the tickets go with you.  That's how it should be.  Then you actually get fans that want to be there for the game.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.