Skip to main content

Here's your conundrum: by some miracle, GB makes the playoff and ends on a deep run... let's say NFC championship game, where they lose a close one. Now, we would all love to see Barry gone and most/many want to see Rodgers gone, but what do you do if they go deep into the playoffs? Would the fans still want Rodgers? Would MLF still want Barry?

I say you still get rid of both. Thank you Aaron for all your years of service; here's a green-and-gold watch and a home version of Jeopardy! No thanks to you, Barry, but we'll hold the door for you.

@Fandame posted:

Here's your conundrum: by some miracle, GB makes the playoff and ends on a deep run... let's say NFC championship game, where they lose a close one. Now, we would all love to see Barry gone and most/many want to see Rodgers gone, but what do you do if they go deep into the playoffs? Would the fans still want Rodgers? Would MLF still want Barry?

I say you still get rid of both. Thank you Aaron for all your years of service; here's a green-and-gold watch and a home version of Jeopardy! No thanks to you, Barry, but we'll hold the door for you.

I'm sticking with my pessismestic approach.    No way they make the playoffs. 

This attitude has allowed me to be pleasently suprised the last couple weeks and actually enjoy the wins.     

I don't see them beating the Vikings and I sure as hell don't see them beating the Lions on the road.

Wyatt played 34 snaps and Slaton played 24 snaps yesterday.

Cousins was the Queens leading rusher in GB’s best performance against the run in 2022.

The Pack began stopping the run late in the first half in the Miami game.

By sheer coincidence, Dean β€œAmari” Lowry got injured late in the first half of the Dolphins game and did not play yesterday.

@SteveLuke posted:

Wyatt played 34 snaps and Slaton played 24 snaps yesterday.

Cousins was the Queens leading rusher in GB’s best performance against the run in 2022.

The Pack began stopping the run late in the first half in the Miami game.

By sheer coincidence, Dean β€œAmari” Lowry got injured late in the first half of the Dolphins game and did not play yesterday.

He's on IR.

Lowry is a guy that does everything ok but nothing great.  He's the player you're always looking to upgrade when/if you can but you can live with him playing if you have to.  There's a lot of those dudes in the league.

How about last year's Packer draft?  Wyatt is just another one to step up and play well.  That draft may end up being one of the best GB has had.

@Shadow posted:

Wyatt's sophomore breakout year still has time to develop. It's hard when our WRs are continually running the wrong routes.

One of the concerns about Devonte Wyatt when he was drafted was that he was a 24 year old rookie. Contrast that with a guy like Kenny Clark who didn't turn 21 until the middle of his rookie season.

The sophomore breakouts often happen for DL because the elite, top of the draft, ones often come out of college as 20 or 21 year olds and still are adding strength and physical maturity. Wyatt graduated from high school when he was 19, went to community college for a year, and then was at Georgia for 4 years. Being at a place like Georgia (or Alabama) gives you access to weight room and strength training that are on an NFL level. He was a very physically mature rookie. The expectation was that he should be able to come in and play at a decent level right away. That wasn't the case. He should have had a high floor but his ceiling was going to be limited. Maybe his floor wasn't as high as they thought and he looked a lot better than he was because he was a 24 year old man playing against guy 3-4 years younger for most of his senior year and surrounded by other future NFL players on one of the greatest college dynasties of the 21st century.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.