Skip to main content

Yep... this is the article I was referencing earlier... my bad. But, I like the fact that Walker is also on the list of defensive rookies to watch.

How long have we waited and asked for a player like him? I'm excited to watch him play next to De'Vondre...

Looking forward to the defense taking away not only the underneath routes, but the seam passes to the TE. If the defense can accomplish that, we're top 5... maybe even higher...

Last edited by Packmeister

I read in a report before the draft that Lloyd is not considered as good a tackler as Walker... that he's more of a drag-you-down type of tackler. You know... the guy who hits you, and brings you down 5-10 yards later... whether that is true or not, time will tell. We have a pretty good idea that Walker is a very good tackler. That may have been the difference.

Last edited by Packmeister

I think that Gutechrist is preparing the team for life post-ARod without saying (publicly) he's preparing the team for life post-ARod. A dominant defense, strong OL, and a potent rushing attack is an excellent base for the next QB.

However, it doesn't hurt a thing if the defense lives up to our expectations and provides some immediate benefit.

He didn't have a lot of splash plays at GA.     No FF, no picks, not a ton of TFL's, and 1.5 sacks playing behind that insane DL.     

Obviously I don't know what his assignments were in that D, but you would think with that line that he would have had ample opportunity to roam and make plays.   Compare that to Micha Parsons who had 5 sacs and 4 FF's in his last college season.  Roquan Smith in his last season at GA had 6.5 sacks and 1 FF.

I'm firmly in wait and see mode with Walker.

Predictable as usual. Playing in NFL is a whole different world and they all won't be immediate All-Pro's. Do college stats really mean anything?

Is your genuine argument that there is no correlation between college production and pros? 

I understand it is your schtick, but when you hear it out loud, does still seem like it was worthwhile to type and hit "post reply" 

@BrainDed posted:

He didn't have a lot of splash plays at GA.     No FF, no picks, not a ton of TFL's, and 1.5 sacks playing behind that insane DL.     

Obviously I don't know what his assignments were in that D, but you would think with that line that he would have had ample opportunity to roam and make plays.   Compare that to Micha Parsons who had 5 sacs and 4 FF's in his last college season.  Roquan Smith in his last season at GA had 6.5 sacks and 1 FF.

There's always a Debbie Downer in every crowd. Gutey and crew saw promise, thats all I care about. Hope it works out well, looking good so far. Some people are predisposition-ed  to always be Negative Nancies. BrainPed seems to fit the bill quite nicely.

@El-Ka-Bong posted:

Is your genuine argument that there is no correlation between college production and pros?

I understand it is your schtick, but when you hear it out loud, does still seem like it was worthwhile to type and hit "post reply"

I have a schtick?  Define production. Is playing college ball against 3 or 4 guys that could make the NFL the same as playing against 11 guys that made the NFL?  I guess my "schtick" is I don't see the college game as equal to the NFL game like you and many others do.

@DurangoDoug posted:

There's always a Debbie Downer in every crowd. Gutey and crew saw promise, thats all I care about. Hope it works out well, looking good so far. Some people are predisposition-ed  to always be Negative Nancies. BrainPed seems to fit the bill quite nicely.

Apologies for not thinking every draft pick is going to be the next LT.  

That said, I’m high on Wyatt, Dooby, Toms, and Enagbare.  I think all 3 will be immediate contributors.

@BrainDed posted:

Walker is a tremendous athlete, I like his demeanor in interviews, but my one concern is that opposing coaches did not vote him First or Second team all-sec last season ... meaning they thought there were 6 LBers better than him in the SEC. Even though Gary didn't have "great" production numbers in college, Big 10 coaches still voted him First Team.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.