Skip to main content

You know it's all about the $$$$$$.  Sell more commercials on TV than you can on streaming I think.

I've been streaming Brewer games on MLB66 and that damn thing goes "can't play video " about 10 times a game. Then hit reload or close out altogether and bring it back up to work.  Really getting tired of that shit. 

Last edited by ammo
@pkr_north posted:

is family night available from packers.com? or does anybody know?  will one of you locals be so nice to stream - I think that's how we did it previously?

I have no idea if this guy actually will stream the practice, but passing along regardless.

@antooo posted:

https://www.acmepackingcompany...schedule-tv-channels   This says NO STREAMING.  

β€œUnfortunately, Family Night is not being streamed online or shown on TV stations outside of the Packers TV Network.”

@PackerHawk posted:

Or, you know, maybe Doubs actually has some fucking talent.

HaHa ! Seems like he does.

And Stokes will be just fine.  Better than fine
We don't know what Stokes was asked to do in these drills, so its kinda unfair to jump him.

However, we do know how Stokes did in real NFL games...without Jaire and a giant "rookie" target painted on his back:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday...packers-eric-stokes/

"Packers cornerback Eric Stokes had one of the best rookie seasons that almost nobody is talking about. After being drafted by Green Bay Packers 29th overall in 2021, Stokes led his team in pass breakups (14) and also led all rookie defensive backs with the lowest completion rate allowed in coverage at 51.0%, per Pro Football Focus.

Stokes wasn’t just dominant among the rookies, though. He also had the lowest percent of open targets allowed among all NFL cornerbacks with 24%, and to put that into perspective, four-time pro bowler Marshon Lattimore finished the season with 24.5%.

There were only a handful of cornerbacks since 2015 to register a sub 80.0 passer rating in coverage their rookie seasons: Marcus Peters (2015), Jalen Ramsey (2016), Marshon Lattimore (2017), Marlon Humphrey (2017), Tre’Davious White (2017) and now, Stokes (2021); putting him in elite company.

Let’s not forget that this was also against the top No. 1 receivers in the league last year: Odell Beckham Jr., Justin Jefferson, Terry McLaurin, Ja’Marr Chase, Deebo Samuel, Allen Robinson. And Stokes still finished as a top cornerback statistically"

@D J posted:

Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers credits his back-to-back MVPs to the psychoactive brew ayahuasca: "I had a magical experience with the sensation of feeling 100 different hands on my body imparting a blessing of love and forgiveness for myself and gratitude for this life ..."

no chance he is fucking with us

@R MaN posted:

Corner Keisean Nixon (groin) is also off NFI and practicing for the first time in camp

Interesting interview with Nixon today.  Says Bisaccia started OTA's having all special teamers lift, run, hang out together.  IE not just practice together.  Also says this is the most he's ever hung out with his teammates in his entire career, which he said really builds camaraderie like he hasn't seen anywhere else.

Also, didn't realize his uncle is Snoop Dogg.

Last edited by vitaflo
@R MaN posted:

#Packers WR Randall Cobb is taking a veteran’s rest day away from practice. Safeties Darnell Savage and Innis Gaines are out with hamstring injuries.

Just a short, jogthrough practice inside the Hutson Center that.

I’m hoping Gutekunst is working the phones hard and watching carefully because there’s still no reliable depth in the defensive backfield and Savage hasn’t been the most durable fellow.

Pro Tip:

When you post a link here, kindly remove everything after the "?"
That info is merely tracking info telling Those People where you came from and how you got here. You always want to delete the bolded info before sharing at X4.

For example, in the link below- "parsely-api " is just a marketing tracker.
So fuck them. Delete it. The hyperlink works just fine without it

EX:

https://packerswire.usatoday.c...-practices-of-2022/?itm_source=parsely-api

Wide Receivers know where they are going, DBs do not. That means the DB's have to have really really good change of direction skills - and that's an area where the taller players often struggle.

So the nature of the job at CB selects for shorter more agile players, while the WR role selects for "bigger" guys who can run fast in a straight line.
These are just generalities of course, plenty of counter-examples

Packers drafted Kevin King, a 6'3" corner, so there are some tall ones out there - just not as many of them as the shorter guys.

@Satori posted:

Pro Tip:

When you post a link here, kindly remove everything after the "?"
That info is merely tracking info telling Those People where you came from and how you got here. You always want to delete the bolded info before sharing at X4.

For example, in the link below- "parsely-api " is just a marketing tracker.
So fuck them. Delete it. The hyperlink works just fine without it

EX:

https://packerswire.usatoday.c...-practices-of-2022/?itm_source=parsely-api

Can you teach a teacher anything?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.