Skip to main content

Ted Thompson had some solid DB selections under his watch.  Guys like Ken Hamlin and Marcus Trufant in Seattle.  Obviously Nick Collins and Morgan Burnett in GB.

The Rollins pick was a disaster for sure.  Then again, the 2015-2017 drafts were a disaster and I still think someone else was influencing those picks as TTs health was not good toward the end of his tenure.

@D J posted:

Disagree. Here he traded two #2's, and at that to a division rival.

To my way of thinking he's out on a ledge with that particularly if Watson is a bust and the Vikings picks turn out good.

I'm an optimist or I wouldn't have survived as a Packers fan through the dreadful years and hope that Watson works out.

This trade/pick is directly correlated to the Love pick.

@Tschmack posted:

Ted Thompson had some solid DB selections under his watch.  Guys like Ken Hamlin and Marcus Trufant in Seattle.  Obviously Nick Collins and Morgan Burnett in GB.

The Rollins pick was a disaster for sure.  Then again, the 2015-2017 drafts were a disaster and I still think someone else was influencing those picks as TTs health was not good toward the end of his tenure.

Casey Hayward was a great pick. Then they let him go. For reasons I’ll never understand. Then they chased after terrible decisions of  Randall , Rollins, Josh Jackson, King.

We’ve got Alexander & Stokes. But that’s a lot of high draft capital.

Whatever. This defense is loaded now.

@Tschmack posted:

Blame health, influence of others, or whatever, but using 1st and 2nd round picks to select HaHa Clinton-Dix, Damarious Randall, Quentin Rollins, Kevin King, and Josh Jones between 2014-2017 was as poor an allocation of draft resources on defensive backs as one can possibly imagine.

If some are uncomfortable holding Ted Thompson accountable for those selections, fine blame it on the entire FRONT OFFICE, but there can be no dispute that those 5 DB picks were brutal for the franchise and a big reason our defense sucked for so many years.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.