Skip to main content

@hof1991 posted:

Continues the theme.  We’re gonna run MLF’s offense finally.  It will take a year for some of these guys to have an impact.  MLF and Gutey are planning on 2023 being a learning season and competing in 2024.  

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36th out of 1,105 TEs chosen in the draft since 1987 - 2023

9.68 RAS for Kraft.

Players with 2 of the best 36 TE RAS scores chosen by your Green Bay Packers on day 2.

It's clear the Packers like their players to have an elite athletic skill set.

https://ras.football/about/

That's according to Kent Lee Platte

@pkr_north posted:

that is THE BEST DRAFT DAY CALL I HAVE EVER SEEN, so genuine.  in a friggen barn, I love the hickbilly in this years draft class...GPG.

Might be a tough go to assimilate in the metropolis know as Green Bay.

@Packmeister posted:

Interesting we passed on Darnell Washington and drafted Tucker Kraft...

I read somewhere ( I know this does not mean crap but) Washington had some kind of knee problem that needed immediate attention .  Still bummed though. Sorry Jesse Clark, I did not read the whole thread first.

Last edited by The Grinder
@The Grinder posted:

I read somewhere Washington had some kind of knee problem that needed immediate attention .

Multiple foot problems for Washington-  and those can be a real concern for the Big Guys long term. GB has the top foot / ankle surgeon in the country working in Titletown so they were well informed.

More on Kraft here from Packers Wire

https://packerswire.usatoday.c...to-packers-te-room/?

" In part, Kraft’s dynamic ability with the ball in his hands comes from his athleticism. In what was a very deep and athletic tight end class, Kraft posted the fifth highest Relative Athletic Score (RAS) of the entire group at 9.68. But on top of that, he brings physicality to the tight end position as well, and isn’t afraid to run through defenders either.

“I will say, Tucker is very good with the ball in his hands after the catch,” said Brian Gutekunst after Day 2 of the draft. “He’s a really good basketball player coming out of high school. I think he has really good balance and strength to break tackles to keep himself alive.”

@KonKrete posted:

Nothing says big time more than having a Runnings, TSC, and a Lowes!  I get lost in that metropolis.

Fuck TSC.  If you want a great hardware/farm supply get get a Theisen's.  Best store I've been in.

@Satori posted:

Multiple foot problems for Washington-  and those can be a real concern for the Big Guys long term. GB has the top foot / ankle surgeon in the country working in Titletown so they were well informed.

Yep. Admittedly I liked Washington more, even though I really like Kraft, and question Gutekunst as much as anyone, but when it comes to medicals like this, the Packers have the best information available.  I was hoping the info surfacing earlier in the week was just BS, but it wasn't and with Kraft on the board there too, not rolling the dice was very likely the right move.

Last edited by Herschel
@ammo posted:

Fuck TSC.  If you want a great hardware/farm supply get get a Theisen's.  Best store I've been in.

Yeah, I'll take Runnings any day over TSC.  That, or a Bomgaards,  both are so much better.   Never seen a  Theisens in my SD, ND, IOWA, MN, NE travels.

They have stores in New Hampton, Dyersville, Charles City, Dubuque, Monticello, Anamosa, Vinton,  2 in Cedar Rapids, Maquoketa, Tipton, Iowa Falls, Coralville, Dewitt, Marshalltown, Grinnell, Davenport, Newton, Ames, Pella, and Indianola all in Iowa.  How could you not see one?   Also Sparta, Black River Falls, and Jefferson WI.

From Timber Lake to Titletown: Tucker Kraft's long road from 9-man superstar to Green Bay Packer

By Matt Zimmer

May 04, 2023 at 3:49 PM

... But as easy as he sometimes made it look on the field, Kraft's rise from this tiny outpost in the literal middle of nowhere South Dakota to Lambeau Field was fraught with tragedy and personal obstacles. From the time he was a teenager to the moment he decided to spurn six-figure offers to leave the Jackrabbits for the SEC, he never stopped working on everything. His body, his pass-catching, his route-running, his understanding of schemes and strategies. After all his family had been through, he would leave nothing to chance.

"This was not something he stumbled into," said Tanner Kraft, Tucker's 26-year-old brother. "This was something he worked tremendously hard for. He's earned everything that's come to him. And he went through a lot to get there ." continue

Nice feature with background on his family, his time at college, and some more details about his draft party.

@ammo posted:

They have stores in New Hampton, Dyersville, Charles City, Dubuque, Monticello, Anamosa, Vinton,  2 in Cedar Rapids, Maquoketa, Tipton, Iowa Falls, Coralville, Dewitt, Marshalltown, Grinnell, Davenport, Newton, Ames, Pella, and Indianola all in Iowa.  How could you not see one?   Also Sparta, Black River Falls, and Jefferson WI.

Could it possibly be that of all those locations you pointed out,  the closest one to where I live is over 300 miles away?   But please,  let me apologize for never having heard of or seen a Theisen's.   I seem to offended you with that.  I will now make it my life's sole purpose to correct this egregious faux pas.  Forgive me.

KonKrete, that was not my point at all.  I just listed all the stores in Iowa.  It seemed you traveled Iowa a lot and with all these stores it seemed like you should have seen one.    That is all I was trying to convey, sorry if I offened you.

And DH13, no I am not an owner, but I wish I was.

@ammo posted:

KonKrete, that was not my point at all.  I just listed all the stores in Iowa.  It seemed you traveled Iowa a lot and with all these stores it seemed like you should have seen one.    That is all I was trying to convey, sorry if I offened you.

My projects are generally up and down the I-29 corridor.  Runnings territory.   Looks like Theisen's are all East of I-35.  Looks like the closest I've ever been (relative to having a reason to look for a farm supply store) is several projects I've done in the cesspool known as Fort Dodge.  One thing we can certainly agree on though,  is TSC sucks.  Common ground.

@ammo posted:

If you become an owner can you hook me up?❤️

Tucker Kraft making himself at home with Green Bay Packers

Sioux Falls Live

By Matt Zimmer

June 28, 2023 at 11:54 AM

"My conversations with the coaches have been good, I feel comfortable," Kraft said. "Physically it's about learning how to get off the football. That's such a big thing. Guys in the NFL are fast. When you're on offense your advantage is knowing the snap count. So trying to master the footwork of getting off the ball, that's been a big thing."

Kraft has developed a rapport with rookie quarterback Sean Clifford out of Penn State, and been impressed with fourth-year pro Jordan Love, who will take over as the starter after Green Bay's much-publicized divorce from Rodgers.

"J-Love is just smooth," Kraft said. "I've seen him make some incredible passes, and you can see him taking control of team periods and the huddle."

Kraft also attended 'Tight End University' — a three-day summit created in 2021 by Kittle, Travis Kelce and Greg Olsen to bring the community of NFL tight ends together in the form of an instructional camp (with a little R&R) for pros. Dallas Goedert, SDSU's other star tight end, is a regular there, and he and Kraft were able to bond at this year's event.

"Dallas and I had a good time together," Kraft said. "I had met him but not ever really had the chance to spend time with him. We had some good times in Nashville, that's for sure ." continue

Last edited by titmfatied

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.