Skip to main content

@PackerRick posted:

Nothing difficult about it.

You're welcome to see what you like. There's no reason that 87 should have to jump there.  87 had to slow down after beating his man and win a jump ball to make that play work.

MLF running around - "For once, the other team is even more poorly prepared and makes more mistakes than we do"

Chargers drop an easy reception that would have resulted in at least 3 points. (-3 points)

Allen drops a TD, settle for a FG (-4 points)

Johnson drops a perfectly throw deep ball that was probably a TD if he catches it (-7).

Will Staley be fired tomorrow morning?

@Chongo posted:

Herbert has amazing athletic gifts...but I am glad he's not the Packers QB...dude is beyond frustrating at times.

So many frustrating droppable passes.

They would have put up 40+ today with average hands.

@titmfatied posted:

You're welcome to see what you like. There's no reason that 87 should have to jump there.  87 had to slow down after beating his man and win a jump ball to make that play work.

That's not a jump ball or a contested pass. It's called high pointing the ball which good WRs do. The DB was never close to defending the pass, his only hope was to knock the ball out of Doubs hands after the catch.

It's a win, but I hated the play calling on the Packers last offensive series.

You are trying to see if you have a QB you can move forward with. You have the ball 1st and 10 (and then 2nd and 6 after a first down run) and run it into the middle of the line 3 times and punt the ball back with 1:30 left. As FLPacker said, fake the handoff up the middle, and roll Love out with a run/pass option. Shift the protection to that side to make it unlikely that you'll get a free rusher coming at him. Let Love try to clinch a win rather than send a message that you don't trust him to make the right decision in those situations. You aren't making the playoffs this year anyway, so what do you have to lose?

It's a win, but I hated the play calling on the Packers last offensive series.

You are trying to see if you have a QB you can move forward with. You have the ball 1st and 10 (and then 2nd and 6 after a first down run) and run it into the middle of the line 3 times and punt the ball back with 1:30 left. As FLPacker said, fake the handoff up the middle, and roll Love out with a run/pass option. Shift the protection to that side to make it unlikely that you'll get a free rusher coming at him. Let Love try to clinch a win rather than send a message that you don't trust him to make the right decision in those situations. You aren't making the playoffs this year anyway, so what do you have to lose?

I have absolutely zero problem with running the ball there 3 times and burning up the Chargers timeouts.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.