Skip to main content

@vitaflo posted:

He is on the Pats practice squad but teams can protect four practice squad members each week from being poached by another team. I have to assume the Pats will do this for Taylor this week.

I think there's a small loophole in there. Once this weeks game end all PS guys are eligible to sign anywhere. Then teams can designate their 4 guys on Tuesday. Or is it Wednesday? Anyway, there's like a ~1 day window in there where everything's up for grabs.

I wonder if they will bring in James Robinson again. He was good enough to be signed to the PS briefly last month. I think if you lose 1 or 2 RB's he's probably the next man up amongst the possible next men up.

Last edited by PackerHawk
@PackerHawk posted:

I think there's a small loophole in there. Once this weeks game end all PS guys are eligible to sign anywhere. Then teams can designate their 4 guys on Tuesday. Or is it Wednesday? Anyway, there's like a ~1 day window in there where everything's up for grabs.

I wonder if they will bring in James Robinson again. He was good enough to be signed to the PS briefly last month. I think if you lose 1 or 2 RB's he's probably the next man up amongst the possible next men up.

Didn't realize that, thanks for the clarification.  Hopeful Gute can find another PS guy like Sul but if not I can see them just grabbing Taylor.  Knowing the offense and the playbook already is a big deal especially on a short week when you aren't just going to be filler, you're going to be given a bunch of carries.

@PackerRick posted:

Don't forget Taylor has a choice and he might tell the Packers to forget it since the Jones injury might not be as bad as originally thought. He might think he has a better future in NE. He's been bounced around for a couple seasons in GB.

Pats have four RB's on their 53.  Taylor has no future in New England.  There is zero chance a PS player will not jump at the chance to be on a 53 somewhere especially if it means significant in-game action.

@bdplant posted:

100%

Running 28 up the middle three times in a row was playing not to lose. If the Chargers WRs could catch, the Packers likely would have lost and everybody would have had a meltdown over Barry’s defense.

The offense needed one first down and the game was over, but MLF couldn’t muster up the balls to call the plays to pull it off.

This!

@Badgeman posted:

So what's your point? Do Butkis and Nitschke not belong in the HOF?  Is Jerry Kramer not a HOF player because he didn't weight 310?

Sorry, my fellow Packers fan, but your logic in comparing eras is worthless.

Easy Francis ....just making a joke about the prospects for putting a very slow backfield on the field Thursday ....no disrespect to any former Packer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.